Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    younghen were u having a problem with bt and pa when you made the backup?
    I wasn't having a problem with either, but my bluetooth has since gone out again.
    I ended up taking my phone back to sprint and they gave me a new one because of this issue.
    i finally got bt to work. i did the uninstall of pa than re did the patch and than re installed pa and now i have no prob except the dropout is happening more often
    did you have to hard reset when you reapplied the patch? The problem happened again on the new phone that I received today. Also, what other programs are you running other than pa?
    no i didnt hard reset just uninstalled pa than soft reset than re applied the path on top of itself again than just used the phone for a few hours and than finally installed pa and it works just having to deal with a soft reset every few hours to get the bt to truly pair
    After installing the SMS patch, I, too, had the same Bluetooth problem. I did a hard reset, reinstalled the patch, and restored via Sprite. I still have the same problem with Bluetooth. Does anyone have a DEFINITE fix for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by biggggant View Post
    no i didnt hard reset just uninstalled pa than soft reset than re applied the path on top of itself again than just used the phone for a few hours and than finally installed pa and it works just having to deal with a soft reset every few hours to get the bt to truly pair
    What is PA?
    PA=Phone Alarm
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  10.    #30  
    sixpanel: try to repatch after your sprite restore. that did it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttoppins View Post
    sixpanel: try to repatch after your sprite restore. that did it for me.
    I am trying that now. I will post again after I get done.
    Well,, that didn't work either. So, I had to do the following:

1. Hard reset.
    2. Reinstall everything MANUALLY, rather than restoring a backup file.
    3. Install SMS patch.

It seems to be working now. I am not happy to have done all that work, but at least my Bluetooth is back!
    Well, I had fixed the bluetooth issue by hard resetting and reinstalling everything (not restoring a backup..that didn't work). Unfortunately, the problem is now back in full force...click the Bluetooth button and it freezes.
    Yep, I'm seeing the same issues, but I can typically just soft reset to get it back in my case. Something with the patch is messing with bluetooth. Maybe that's why it took them so long to release the patch. It wasn't quite there yet, but we pressured them to release it now.
    The patch installs TelephonyInterfaceLayer.dll in the window dir.
    Through about a dozen hard resets and restores/rebuilds, I finally discovered that this file was causing my AEButtonPlus and my TotalCommander 2.5beta to lock up. When I delete the file, it uses the one in ROM and all is fine, but when I put it back, I get the lockups. Maybe this is related to the BT as well.
    FWIW...I asked about this same issue before the patch came out, as my bluetooth would periodically go out for no reason. I had to hard reset to get it to work again. However, I don't think it is entirely the patch's fault. I installed all my programs with the patch on my new phone and bluetooth worked perfectly, then I installed the SMS Threaded app and bluetooth went out. After 4-5 hard resets and different combinations I have managed to get my bluetooth to work without going out for about a week. I finally installed from a backup off all programs minus the threading app and then installed the threading app and there was no problem.
    can someone please help i cant figure how to download patch i followed the directions on palm site tried it both ways over air and by syncing. i double click on file it put on my comp. desktop and cant figure out from there
    any help from someone more expreienced is always appricated
    joel
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Well my BT is dead now too. Has anyone come up with a fix for this aside from a hard reset?
    I think it has something to do with Threaded SMS, Phone Alarm, or Weather panel. Aside from the BT lockup, I had other kinds of lockups also...phone would not soft reset last time...stays stuck on the Treo Splash screen. Had to do about 3 Hard resets in as many weeks.

I can live w/o phone alarm. I've switched from Weather Panel to SBSH weather, which is comparable in features and seems zippier. No running Threaded SMS either. Phone seems much zippier and responsive...haven't even had to soft reset in about a week.

Really miss Threaded SMS though. Hesitant to take the plunge again. It always works great, but after a while things seem to bog down a bit and then some kind of lock up occurs. I hate the hard reset thing....
    I think it's a combo of the threaded sms install and the sms patch that is causing the problem. I have a backup from when I had it all working nicely together that I always return to when the bluetooth locks up. PITA. We can only hope that Palm will eventually come out with an update that includes the threaded sms and sms patch.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast