Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Wait, why would the SMS program send SMS'es through exchange???? Unless he's really emailing them, they should be independent of one another. This plot is too thick, I'm outta here
    yeah, he's really emailing them so as to not display his phone #.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  2. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Oh boy. I think I want to blame the patch for a problem with Exchange Activesync Push. I started having problems with push around the time I installed the patch.

Today, I decided to do the simplest test possible. Hard Reset -> Test Push -> Reset -> Test Push -> Install Patch -> Reset -> Test Push.

Push stopped working right away after installing the patch and resetting the phone. I don't see this as a conclusive test, but I am definitely concerned.

I can still Send/Receive to get messages, and it almost seems like I am pulling every 15 minutes or so.

Has anyone noticed this? Did I miss a post or anything?
    no problems with push here...I have the patch and threaded sms.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by dwg View Post
    Oh boy. I think I want to blame the patch for a problem with Exchange Activesync Push. I started having problems with push around the time I installed the patch.

Today, I decided to do the simplest test possible. Hard Reset -> Test Push -> Reset -> Test Push -> Install Patch -> Reset -> Test Push.

Push stopped working right away after installing the patch and resetting the phone. I don't see this as a conclusive test, but I am definitely concerned.

I can still Send/Receive to get messages, and it almost seems like I am pulling every 15 minutes or so.

Has anyone noticed this? Did I miss a post or anything?
    certainly not. push with mail2web is working just as well as always.

I would think they'd be a huge message board riot if this patch broke Push!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  5. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I know, if I wasn't able to reproduce so easily I would have thought twice about posting. It isn't unusual for me to create my own unique problems.

The way it stands, though, it appears that I get to choose between SMS and Exchange push.

One possible difference is that I connect to my own company's Exchange server. I Suppose I could have a setting problem on that end. I'll try out mail2web and see what happens. Any other ideas for troubleshooting? Or, does anyone know how to remove the patch short of a hard reset?

Thanks!
  6.    #86  
    Is it Service Pack 2 exchange? Are you set to sync items "as items arrive?" Is the server set this way also?
  7. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Is it Service Pack 2 exchange? Are you set to sync items "as items arrive?" Is the server set this way also?
    Yes to the first two. I don't recall the server-side setting and will look tonight. I do know that it 'seems' to be setup correctly on all ends as emails are instantaneous without the patch.
    I just got a Treo and knew I had to install this patch, but for some reason I still can not seem to send a text to a Verizon phone.

I must be missing some kind of n00b step. I installed the program from Palm and I do see the SMSBuildPatch in the Windows folder.

Any help would be nice.

It received one fine.
    Same here! I installed the patch and did the check to see if it was in the windows folder, yet I am also still unable to send text messages without having to use the work around....I even tried sending a text to my sister-in-law who is on sprint and nothing!! UGH!!!!
    Try to do a soft reset.

That worked for me.

Just take off the back and push the button with your stylus.

My motto...when in doubt reset.
    Did that, tried to install and reset like 3 times and still no go......
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlygun View Post
    Did that, tried to install and reset like 3 times and still no go......
    same here recently I just bought this phone and installed the patch when I ask my friend who is on t mobile if getting my texts and he says nothing so any solution would be great
  13. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I just purchased the Palm Treo 700wx yesterday. Should I install the patch or should it be pre-installed by now?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I am having problems still. Just got mine on Monday, ported from VZW. Both phones still work for some reason, with the same number. If I send a txt to a verizon person for my sprint phone, their reply goes to my verizon phone. No problems with T Mobile. I have Treowhatever 1.14 and when I try to install the SMS patch it tells me I don't need it.

But I do NOT have the SMSBuildPatch file in my Windows folder. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by hamster_13 View Post
    I am having problems still. Just got mine on Monday, ported from VZW. Both phones still work for some reason, with the same number. If I send a txt to a verizon person for my sprint phone, their reply goes to my verizon phone. No problems with T Mobile. I have Treowhatever 1.14 and when I try to install the SMS patch it tells me I don't need it.

But I do NOT have the SMSBuildPatch file in my Windows folder. Any ideas?
    You won't have the PATCH folder because it was built into your ROM. Therefore, it sounds like a provisioning issue, might want to call them up and make sure they ported all channels correctly. Sometimes, hiccups occur in provisioning/porting too, so that might take a little bit of time to settle down.
    Does the patch works with the hacked version of the threaded SMS?
    Quote Originally Posted by sorepalm View Post
    Does the patch works with the hacked version of the threaded SMS?
    Yes
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345