Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Dumb question, how long should I wait to buy a 700wx so that I get a phone with the patch pre-installed? Is mail order through the Sprint.com website today or tomorrow too soon?

Thanks.
    the patch takes a whole 30 seconds to install. Buy the 700wx now
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I have a Treo 650 now, well I have it but it is not getting service. I just use it to play solitare at night and I use the alarm to wake up in the morning. Pathetic I know. I am not worried about installing the patch, just asking.

I currently have a SMT5600 I use with Cingular and also a Dell Axim x51v and miss many of the stuff my Treo could do, but I like the Windows software better. Especially using ActiveSync with Outlook 2003.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    wait, you're not saying you have MMS working for you within the Palm Threaded message app, are you?

You mean that you're sending MMS through Arcosoft and their using threaded SMS on the other side...right?
    I send a pic with arcosoft and it shows as sent text from within palm threaded messaging and then of course replied to in palm threaded messaging. I get the universal "out of memory error" if I try to use MMS in palm threaded messaging.

I was so close to sending the treo back. I send a lot of pic mail to non-sprint, non-pda/phone users. I had installed the palm messaging app when it was first available and for some reason it hindered the arcsoft app, then when the SMS bug popped up, that was the final straw.

I'm glad I didnt return it because this phone beats the heck out of everything available.
    I must make a modification to the order I previously suggested installing the arcsoft MMS (if you use it), the threaded SMS app and the Palm patch for the 700wx.

I would now suggest Arcsoft MMS -> Palm Patch -> Threaded SMS

I moved the patch to the middle rather than the end because of an issue I ran into after installing the patch post threaded SMS install.
    1. I noticed that in Outlook, I still had an option to switch between the regular inbox and the non-threaded SMS inbox. This should have been gone as it was previous to the Palm patch.
    2. New messages started being delivered to the non-threaded SMS inbox.

I fixed this by reinstalling the threaded SMS, which fixed 1 and 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    I must make a modification to the order I previously suggested installing the arcsoft MMS (if you use it), the threaded SMS app and the Palm patch for the 700wx.

I would now suggest Arcsoft MMS -> Palm Patch -> Threaded SMS

I moved the patch to the middle rather than the end because of an issue I ran into after installing the patch post threaded SMS install.
    1. I noticed that in Outlook, I still had an option to switch between the regular inbox and the non-threaded SMS inbox. This should have been gone as it was previous to the Palm patch.
    2. New messages started being delivered to the non-threaded SMS inbox.

I fixed this by reinstalling the threaded SMS, which fixed 1 and 2.
    I installed Threaded SMS then the Patch yesterday with no problems.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    It is WM5, so who knows why something works for one person and not another. My problem surfaced after a soft reset or 2, but I might have been unlucky.
    Remember people to reinstall the sms patch after a hard reset or if you restore a backup that doesn't include it.

Someone has put me back in 1/2 hell. I'm not naming names, but his wife is a fine girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Remember people to reinstall the sms patch after a hard reset or if you restore a backup that doesn't include it.

Someone has put me back in 1/2 hell. I'm not naming names, but his wife is a fine girl.
    man i said i was SORRY.

comming soon... threaded sms with patch beta 5

if anyone has a reason to included it hannip does.
    Well that would only help those that install the Palm Messaging app. The poutlook users can still send a >140 char message to put you in 1/2 hell without the patch.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Sorry if this has already been asked, but I could not find it anywhere. Earlier in this thread someone made reference to SMS messages longer than the 160 characters max. What can I do to get this? I am on Sprint & when composing it stops at 160 characters. Appreciate the help!
    The default text app doesn't support >160 chars. The Palm Messaging app does however. Just make sure you install the sms patch before sending any long sms messages to your friends!!!

If you want to install Palm Messaging go to ppcgeeks.com, register there and log in. Then go to this thread to download beta4.

http://ppcgeeks.com/palm-threaded-sm...1-21-t978.html
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Thanks. I just registered but did not receive the confirmation e-mail (although I did get the notification from this forum of your post!). Maybe it takes a while. Thanks again.
    At the same time that the SMS bug appeared, I could no longer send e-mail to SMS on Verizon, ie, xxxxxxxxxx@vtext.com.

This was useful when I'd want to contact recipients without revealing my phone number.

The patch doesn't seem to have fixed this. Can someone confirm this for me, please?
    Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post
    At the same time that the SMS bug appeared, I could no longer send e-mail to SMS on Verizon, ie, xxxxxxxxxx@vtext.com.

This was useful when I'd want to contact recipients without revealing my phone number.

The patch doesn't seem to have fixed this. Can someone confirm this for me, please?
    nah, something is broken on your end dude.

I and many others purposefully used the @vtext.com and the @tmob.com trick to get around the SMS problem e.g. that was my default work-around pre-patch!

So it definitely works. Something is wrong on your end.

nah, something is broken on your end dude.

I and many others purposefully used the @vtext.com and the @tmob.com trick to get around the SMS problem e.g. that was my default work-around pre-patch!

So it definitely works. Something is wrong on your end.
    Thanks so much for the feedback. I'm in touch with the support person from my Exchange host. This is hopefully an issue on their end, and not specific to my device!
    Thanks so much for the feedback. I'm in touch with the support person from my Exchange host. This is hopefully an issue on their end, and not specific to my device!
    ahh!

The plot thickens. Yes, in fact I DO remember reading others had problems SMSing via Exchange to Verizon! So you are not the first. Not sure why that is or if there is a fix but it IS related to Exchange.

Maybe just set up a POP3 account for doing this? Should be simple enough.

ahh!

The plot thickens. Yes, in fact I DO remember reading others had problems SMSing via Exchange to Verizon! So you are not the first. Not sure why that is or if there is a fix but it IS related to Exchange.

Maybe just set up a POP3 account for doing this? Should be simple enough.
    Even though it doesn't make it better, it's always a relief to know that it's not just me!

Is it as simple as adding a new account to Outlook, and entering my gmail POP settings? If I do this, what Inbox does Outlook open to by default? Is the default Inbox configurable?
    Even though it doesn't make it better, it's always a relief to know that it's not just me!

Is it as simple as adding a new account to Outlook, and entering my gmail POP settings? If I do this, what Inbox does Outlook open to by default? Is the default Inbox configurable?
    I 99% sure it defaults to either whatever you last left open (before closing) or whatever has a new message that arrived. So basically you only should see the Gmail account when you use it.

20.    #80  
    Wait, why would the SMS program send SMS'es through exchange???? Unless he's really emailing them, they should be independent of one another. This plot is too thick, I'm outta here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast