Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    How much space does this patch take up? Do we have to install it to the MAIN or STORAGE?
    You don't get the option. It will install to your main storage automatically.
    the patch is a little over 400k.
    Even if I don't use SMS or Text msg at-all, is it a good idea to still install this?
    If you never ever text msg or ever plan to in the future then no you don't need to install this patch.
    Now when I receive text messages that I send directly to the phone, I get the responses to the workaround thread (number@vtext.xom). Even when I delete the address from contacts and the thread it still comes up this way. Any way to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Younghen View Post
    Now when I receive text messages that I send directly to the phone, I get the responses to the workaround thread (number@vtext.xom). Even when I delete the address from contacts and the thread it still comes up this way. Any way to fix this?
    Does this happen even after you delete that thread? Or did you not want to delete it for some reason?

Edit: Sorry, I glazed over the part where you said you deleted the thread. Hmm, you can try renaming the \windows\PalmMsgV001 file and soft reset. That will clear all of your threads.

If that doesn't work then the texts might be also stored in cemail.vol. This file can not be renamed or removed. The only way to get rid of it is to do a hard reset.
    Last edited by hannip; 11/21/2006 at 01:16 PM.
    It keeps that information in your recent texts for some reason. You can delete them from contacts, delete the thread and it still shows up...
    Yeah i deleted the thread and it still comes back. If needed I can delete all messages, but I was wondering if there was another way without having to do this.
    I applied the patch today, and I have confirmed that I can now send and receive texts to Verizon and T-Mobile.

Woot!
    Thank goodness. My Google SMS now works again. I haven't been able to use it since I got my 700wx.
  12.    #52  
    You guys should have some fun. Now call Sprint and Palm to complain again and see if they even know about the patch yet. hahahaha that would be great!
    haha, most at Sprint still don't know a problem even existed yet.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Is this only for sprint? Is the threading patch the only thing i need if im with verizon? Or do i need the ppc picture mail application also. I jus want to be able to send messages and picture messages with no problem
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by sfld View Post
    Is this only for sprint? Is the threading patch the only thing i need if im with verizon? Or do i need the ppc picture mail application also. I jus want to be able to send messages and picture messages with no problem
    You will need to download the picture mail app, and I addressed the patch in the other thread. Fuggedaboutit
    Well all are installed and running perfect, picture mail, sms patch and threaded sms, in that order.

I am successfully sending and receiving pics with non-sprint users within threaded conversations.
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    Well all are installed and running perfect, picture mail, sms patch and threaded sms, in that order.

I am successfully sending and receiving pics with non-sprint users within threaded conversations.
    What device and carrier?
    700wx Sprint

It would be great if the out of memory bug gets fixed then we could do all the things those other high end phones do with 1 less extra app.
    Man. Nice they fixed it, but it was long overdue.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    700wx Sprint

It would be great if the out of memory bug gets fixed then we could do all the things those other high end phones do with 1 less extra app.
    wait, you're not saying you have MMS working for you within the Palm Threaded message app, are you?

You mean that you're sending MMS through Arcosoft and their using threaded SMS on the other side...right?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast