Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    great, now how about the rest of the issues. i'm sorry to vent. this is good though. thanks for the post.
    Just curious......If I was not a member of this forum, how would Sprint be informing me that there is a fix out? Or would I not know until I called their Tech Support? I wonder if Sprint even knows that the fix is out yet.
  3.    #23  
    Its available on the Palm site foreveryone to see
    another confirmed working with sms threading app. life is good! All we need now is a native google maps app!
    woohoo! thanks much
    Finally!
    Quote Originally Posted by Durso View Post
    How do I change back from the 140 character SMS registry editor.

Can you release a fix to put it back to the way it was?
    You'll find a reg file to fix the settings at this post.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=1466
    For those curious, the patch installs 3 files.

TelephonyInterfaceLayer.dll
    PalmSMSSetup.dll
    SMSBuildPatch.txt

All the files are dated 11/13. If you look in the SMSBuildPatch.txt it contains:
    "10/27/06: SMS update"

So it looks like Palm had the fix since 10/27 and it took them over 3 weeks of testing before the final build, then another week of testing before they delivered the patch.

Also included in the cab was a setup.dll that may have changed other things such as reg settings. Unfortunately I didn't dump my reg before installing the patch so I can't do a diff of before and after.
    "...Palm had the fix since 10/27 and it took them over 3 weeks of testing before the final build, then another week of testing before they delivered the patch....

I wouldn't complain, although I, as a really new Palm Treo anything user (like 3 weeks) having just bought the 700wx, and being an advid text message user........my text minutes are at least 5 times my voice minute use......and the majority of that to a handful of Verizon users........MAN, was I pissed when out of the box it didn't work.

But, considering some the experiences I had when I was a Verizon land line customer, and some of the experiences I had early on with Comcast (as my broadband supplier), Palm's service reps (and Sprint's for that matter) provided excellent responses to me. Although, I must admit I always skip the help desk person, and ask immediately for a tech.

I am glad they tested it for weeks before giving me yet another partially tested scenario.

anyhow, yeah, it works to my Verizon people also......cool!
    Is it impossible to download hannips threaded text, ppc geeks picture mail and palms patch and have them all work together?
    If you mean do they all play nicely together the answer is yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by veronicamays View Post
    If you mean do they all play nicely together the answer is yes.
    Is there are particular order for installing them?
    That I haven't figured out due to the fact when I have the MMS program installed I get errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay View Post
    Is there are particular order for installing them?
    I don't know the correct order for sure, but I would suspect its MMS, Threaded SMS then Palm patch. I say this because I installed the MMS after the threaded SMS once and it caused some issues. I ended up having the standard SMS as well as the threaded SMS. It would randomly pick one or the other. I think the Palm patch would be fine at any point, but I installed mine after the threaded SMS and it works fine that way.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    has anyone noticed that the soft keys no longer have labels?
    My softkeys have labels. Did you change something lately besides the SMS patch?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    no, just installed the patch.
    ok, very freaky. they just came back. maybe they took a coffee break?
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    You'll find a reg file to fix the settings at this post.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=1466
    Thanks hannip...

Do I need this? It sounds like once you install the patch, it also fixes the max character 1/2 hell problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Durso View Post
    Thanks hannip...

Do I need this? It sounds like once you install the patch, it also fixes the max character 1/2 hell problem.
    You only need it if you had changed your max chars per sms setting from 160 to 140. There was a previous reg file that I uploaded to set it to 140 when everyone was having the 1/2 hell problem. If you didn't do that then you don't need to do this one either.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast