Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does ANYBODY have ANY info about a Cingular release WHATSOEVER!??!?! This is absolutely ludicrous how long this phone is taking to come out in the US. We know the 680 is being release this Friday and I hope it's not much after that for the 750. Anyone with any information PLEASE post something!!
    I think .7 over at HOFO, has a pretty reliable source:

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...&postcount=643
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    You should be happy that it looks like you are even going to get these products!
    Here in Australia we really only have a GSM network (CDMA has been shut down) hence these products will fit straight in yet it is unlikely we will see either until early in the new year.
    New Zealand for christ sake has got the 750 already, well before us!
    Palm IIIx > m505 > Tungsten T > T5 > Red BlackBerry Pearl 8110 (only device work IT will allow!)
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    According to a user on mytreo.net the unlocked Treo 750 will be released on or after Jan 1st 2007, as Vodafone as the exclusive until Jan 1st 2007...

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,42077.0.html

Lets just hope it is on or near Jan 1st 2007...
    Quote Originally Posted by john_s View Post
    According to a user on mytreo.net the unlocked Treo 750 will be released on or after Jan 1st 2007, as Vodafone as the exclusive until Jan 1st 2007...

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,42077.0.html

Lets just hope it is on or near Jan 1st 2007...
    No sources, no references no buy. Too many folks post for the sake of posting, with no knowledge whatsoever.
    Jer 23:29
  6.    #6  
    So according to .7 at HoFo, the 750 is a "mess." This is absolutely horrible news. I really hope that Palm releases an unlocked version soon bc I can't wait much longer and I REALLY don't want to have to buy a Cingular 8525.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwein84 View Post
    So according to .7 at HoFo, the 750 is a "mess." This is absolutely horrible news. I really hope that Palm releases an unlocked version soon bc I can't wait much longer and I REALLY don't want to have to buy a Cingular 8525.
    If you do you may not be able to go back to a Treo. I am using an 8525 and it is fantastic! HUGE improvement over the 8125. I held a 680 in my hands over the weekend and I was amayzed at how small and close the keys were. Since the form factor is the same on the 750 I think even though I will get a 750 I am not sure I will be able to stick with it after using the 8525.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers View Post
    If you do you may not be able to go back to a Treo. I am using an 8525 and it is fantastic! HUGE improvement over the 8125. I held a 680 in my hands over the weekend and I was amayzed at how small and close the keys were. Since the form factor is the same on the 750 I think even though I will get a 750 I am not sure I will be able to stick with it after using the 8525.
    While I understand what you're saying about the keys, I have no trouble typing on my 650. It takes some time getting used to but once you do, the convenience of have the exposed keyboard is tremendous. I do not like slide out keyboards in general but I do want a 3G smartphone!
    I had an easier time typing on my Treo 650 than I do on my 8125.

Also: Was there at one time a CDMA network in Austalia that has since been shut down? (or did I misread that)
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    i just went to a local rep store here in PA and asked when they're gettin the 750s and he says sometime in december (which is different from when i asked in TN they said tentative date of nov 29) but then i asked any set dates or just guessing...

he says "early maybe mid.....but definitely before christmas"

i said "definitely?"

"definitely"

so thats what i found out today.....

(but then again, these dates just keep changing so we'll never know until its out.....just thought id drop my info...)

Edit:
    Just found this over at www.the-gadgeteer.com on the review of the 750v........

"For what it is worth, a local Cingular store told me this weekend that the Treo 750 launch date is 5 Dec 06 (on their current print out). She said that unless that date slips, they will be able to order it on that date and the device should arrive 3-4 days later."
    Last edited by treonu-b; 11/21/2006 at 01:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by treonu-b View Post

"For what it is worth, a local Cingular store told me this weekend that the Treo 750 launch date is 5 Dec 06 (on their current print out). She said that unless that date slips, they will be able to order it on that date and the device should arrive 3-4 days later."
    Close to my report: stopped in a cingular store today to ask about release date, and he told me they had just gotten a report that it was pushed back to mid-December.
    Gimme the P-Funk!
    Quote Originally Posted by treonu-b View Post

Edit:
    Just found this over at www.the-gadgeteer.com on the review of the 750v........
    Did they move/delete the review? That link doesn't work for me.
    Gimme the P-Funk!
  13.    #13  
    I don't understand why the date keeps getting pushed back!! The phone works very well on vodafone and even the vodafone branded ones imported to the US seem to be working well with Cingular. What is Cingular doing to this phone that has been making the test units SOO unstable that the release date keep getting F-ed??
    It could be PTT. (I'm not sure if they are trying to incorporate PTT)
    Or Hspda.

Remember also,
    That Cing puts their Get Good and Media Net.
    They also like to lock out, or hide features.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwein84 View Post
    I don't understand why the date keeps getting pushed back!! The phone works very well on vodafone and even the vodafone branded ones imported to the US seem to be working well with Cingular. What is Cingular doing to this phone that has been making the test units SOO unstable that the release date keep getting F-ed??
    You know Cingular will put it's own ROM in it's branded phones. What I saw posted here was that the ROM for Cingular has bugs. Looks like it may still be in beta.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  16.    #16  
    No PTT on the 750 so that's not the problem. If HSDPA is the problem just release it with UMTS like vodafone did and come out with a firmware upgrade to HSDPA later on.

I understand Good and MediaNet features but they've released many WM5 phones with these features that havent been delayed THIS long. I mean this is crazy already!
    The 8525 was a bit delayed also.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    The 8525 was a bit delayed also.
    This is true but once the 8525 was released the 750 should have been easy to release! They use the same OS with the same radio and the same processor chip with the only difference being that the 750's chip being 300 Mhz and the 8525's being 400 Mhz. The 8525 even has WiFi and Bluetooth 2.0 (compared to 1.2 on the 750) so why the HELL is this phone taking FOREVER to launch.

Cingular, fix the damn problems and release it already!!

(P.S. While I am ticked off, I'm not as mad as you guys probably think...I plan on picking up a 680 this Friday and then HOPEFULLY returning it within 30 days for the 750)
    You don't want a buggy 750, especially for what they're going to get for them! Same with the 8525.

I still want a Palm unlocked though.

20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    You don't want a buggy 750, especially for what they're going to get for them! Same with the 8525.

I still want a Palm unlocked though.
    Yea I definitely agree with that but it shouldn't be taking this long to get the bugs out of a device that was already released in Europe.

Also, I would 100% choose Palm OS over WM5 any day of the week BUT any new phone I get MUST have 3G. It is unacceptable for any high end phone (especially smartphones) not to have high speed internet access.

Palm better figure a out a way to make Palm OS (old or new) compatible with UMTS/HSDPA and they better do it fast!
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast