Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 168
  1. #121  
    That rebate form has been out for a while now...Atleast a month and a half. Good call however!
  2. #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowrtype View Post
    Hi brmcguire, how do you like the blackjack? I'm personally having trouble deciding keeping my georgeous new 750v or going back to my elegant Tmobile Dash. Smartphone seems to be just as capable as Phone Edition for my needs, and I am missing the thinner form factor of the Dash. It is a big difference. With the Treo I dont need to use the stylus ever and it is great! But because of that I find it not too much of a gain over the Dash besides my need for BBC. Are there any things from the 8525 that you find significantly lacking in the Blackjack?
    Well, I returned the Blackjack. I had to check it out. I figured I was still within my 30 day return policy, I needed to make sure I selected the right device. I do miss the 750v. The form factor is just the best (IMO). The BJ is thin, etc., but the 8525 had so much to offer. Its basically the same size as the Treo's and has tons more features. The keyboard is nice. I am still getting used to the phone side. Definitely PDA first. Its a bit frustrating while driving. However, since I loaded up most of the cool features of the Treo 750v onto the 8525 (Palm Messaging, Photo Dialer, Google Search) its been better.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
  3. #123  
    For quick one hand text entry with the 8525, you might try tengo thumb.
    Just call me Berd.
  4. #124  
    WHAT IS A TREO 750? iT'S NOT EVEN LISTED ON PALM.COM.
    Gone Tokin, gurgle gurgle...

    JediChuckw/Treo

    Going for my Treo 700p and icon thingy!!
  5. #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by JediChuckw/Treo View Post
    WHAT IS A TREO 750? iT'S NOT EVEN LISTED ON PALM.COM.

    Just call me Berd.
  6. #127  
    I've been pretty happy with the 8525 as well.

    I'll agree with brmcguire that the one handedness while driving is a bit tricky.

    I'll be typing a message with Spb keyboard only to find out it hasn't typed a thing!
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  7. Manaz101's Avatar
    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by JediChuckw/Treo View Post
    WHAT IS A TREO 750? iT'S NOT EVEN LISTED ON PALM.COM.
  8. #129  
    Palm: The Treo 750 launch for U.S. customers remains on track to occur in the current quarter, he said, and is expected to boost sales. That smart phone model, based on Microsoft Corp.'s Windows Mobile operating system, first became available in Europe in September.

    Still, unit sales of Palm's expanded Treo lineup did grow in the second ...

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16286422/
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
  9. #130  
    I'm giving up on 750. Where can I buy a new 650 as backup for my current one?

    650 is no longer avail at Palm
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
  10. #131  
    1.) Why are you "giving up"? It's not like it's been canceled.
    2.) Assuming you need something immediately, buy a 680. It will be cheaper than the 650.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  11. #132  
    Man oh man. I've been reading a lot lately on TC about people planning to get "backup" Treos. Don't do it.

    Now I like my fancy phones as much as the next guy but there is no way I am going to fork out a few hundred bucks for technology that is already outdated, and stick it in a drawer in case I might need it.

    Here's my plan:

    1. Don't spend the money. (Done).

    2. Get a really cheap phone off Craigslist as a backup. (Done. Got an SDA for $100 and it's -- ahem -- not really worth it).

    3. If and when my Treo 650 dies, I will be really really p-o'd if I have another 650 at home already. The 680 (by then) will be cheaper and in way more glorious colors, and the 750 (by then) will be out in the wild unlocked and unbranded, and (by then) HTC will have produced about 187 new variations on the TyTN/Excalibur themes plus about 94 new smartphones that I'd never even thought about. (While HTC is putting out dozens of phones on the market, Palm, of course, will be spreading vapor and producing nothing. ).

    In other words, tomorrow (when my 650 dies) I will want tomorrow's phone. Not yesterday's.
  12. #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Man oh man. I've been reading a lot lately on TC about people planning to get "backup" Treos. Don't do it.

    Now I like my fancy phones as much as the next guy but there is no way I am going to fork out a few hundred bucks for technology that is already outdated, and stick it in a drawer in case I might need it.

    Here's my plan:

    1. Don't spend the money. (Done).

    2. Get a really cheap phone off Craigslist as a backup. (Done. Got an SDA for $100 and it's -- ahem -- not really worth it).

    3. If and when my Treo 650 dies, I will be really really p-o'd if I have another 650 at home already. The 680 (by then) will be cheaper and in way more glorious colors, and the 750 (by then) will be out in the wild unlocked and unbranded, and (by then) HTC will have produced about 187 new variations on the TyTN/Excalibur themes plus about 94 new smartphones that I'd never even thought about. (While HTC is putting out dozens of phones on the market, Palm, of course, will be spreading vapor and producing nothing. ).

    In other words, tomorrow (when my 650 dies) I will want tomorrow's phone. Not yesterday's.
    All taken care of. I have my KJAM waiting in the wings to be my backup when the 750 comes. I also have my Razr and Ipaq 2750 if I really need it!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  13. #134  
    any price leak on cingular treo750? also any news on when will cingular exclusive peried ends and when palm will sell unbranded 750?
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

    The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
  14. #135  
    correct....should receive my 680 today giving me, cingular or palm 30 days to make up our minds on the 750.

    i'm a happy camper with or without them.
  15. #136  
    sounding like Jan 7th or 9th is the date:

    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...41#post8462541
    Off to iPhone land...
  16. #137  
    Does anyone know if there's any credibility to the claim that you can get one from Cingular and just "ask" them to unlock it so you can use it in Europe?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  17. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser View Post
    Does anyone know if there's any credibility to the claim that you can get one from Cingular and just "ask" them to unlock it so you can use it in Europe?
    depends on the rep you get on the phone.
  18. dwella's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    depends on the rep you get on the phone.
    Also how good a customer you are....

    d
  19. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwella View Post
    Also how good a customer you are....

    d
    no, they really don't care about you, sadly enough. You can be a paying customer in good standing for 5 yrs and you could get rejected by a rep when someone that has had their account for 6 months will get an unlock code without hassle.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions