Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brmcguire View Post
    I just returned my 8525 yesterday and bought the Blackjack instead.
    Ugh. I was so close to getting one. However, since reading about the lack of voice dialing via headset and other BT issues, I decided not to pull the trigger. Now, I hear that if you use muiltiple BT devices, you need to go into the device settings and switch to the "active" device.

As for the 750, I will believe it when I see it.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    I hope Palm sells an unlocked, unbranded 750v like they are doing with the 680.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Apparently some Cingular stores are getting demo units. Check it out, over at www.boygeniusreport.com

I prefer the Vodaphone branding myself, don't know why but the Cingy logo looks cheap to me?? Now the question is really going to be how much are they going to sell it for?
    I would say most Cingular stores have the 750 demos. That's because they were supposed to start selling them December 9th. Now it looks like January. I have seen/and held the demo is a few stores in the Chicagoland area.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Hi brmcguire, how do you like the blackjack? I'm personally having trouble deciding keeping my georgeous new 750v or going back to my elegant Tmobile Dash. Smartphone seems to be just as capable as Phone Edition for my needs, and I am missing the thinner form factor of the Dash. It is a big difference. With the Treo I dont need to use the stylus ever and it is great! But because of that I find it not too much of a gain over the Dash besides my need for BBC. Are there any things from the 8525 that you find significantly lacking in the Blackjack?
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Ugh. I was so close to getting one. However, since reading about the lack of voice dialing via headset and other BT issues, I decided not to pull the trigger. Now, I hear that if you use muiltiple BT devices, you need to go into the device settings and switch to the "active" device.

As for the 750, I will believe it when I see it.
    I thought the Vodo 750V does BT dialing via headset? The cingular version does not do it?
    The Vodaphone 750 does have voice dialing via bluetooth headset. I would expect that the Cingular one would have it also.

Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post
    I thought the Vodo 750V does BT dialing via headset? The cingular version does not do it?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I was just wondering why Jgold said it didnt have it in the cingular version.
    Is it just me or does the Cingular demo, have less of that black ring around the screen compared to my 750v? Or is it just because it's a demo?
    It's you.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian studen View Post
    Is it just me or does the Cingular demo, have less of that black ring around the screen compared to my 750v? Or is it just because it's a demo?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    All I can say is it's so nice - what with the apparently imminent arrival of the 750 on US shores, at least from Cingular - to finally see an end to all the "w.a.s." (translation: Wild *** Speculation). It was getting too depressing :-).

But hey, how about the possibility that this US-bound 750 is somewhat different from the 750 elsewhere (e.g. different included apps, possible radio differences to, he says longingly, support T-Mobile's 3G as well)?
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post
    I was just wondering why Jgold said it didnt have it in the cingular version.
    I meant the Blackjack. I was getting tired of waiting for the Treo 750. I was considering getting the Blackjack and then I found out about the lack of BT headset dialing (using MS VC 1.6) and the various other BT issues concerning the device.

Given that, I am back waiting for the 750.

PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    The Vodafone 750v seems to have a red LED in the back, I have no idea what this is for, but the Cingular one does not. Anyone know what that red raised dot is on the back of the 750v?

[QUOTE=Manaz101;1152466]Apparently some Cingular stores are getting demo units. Check it out, over at www.boygeniusreport.com
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    Ok, I get it, its the Vodafone logo, surprised they embeded it like this, instead of just printing it on the back

[QUOTE=naftalim;1152833]The Vodafone 750v seems to have a red LED in the back, I have no idea what this is for, but the Cingular one does not. Anyone know what that red raised dot is on the back of the 750v?

Quote Originally Posted by Manaz101 View Post
    Apparently some Cingular stores are getting demo units. Check it out, over at www.boygeniusreport.com
    For those of us with the Voda 750, it will be good to have the Cingular model out as it has been very quiet on the 750 forum lately. More users, more information, more tips and tricks.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naftalim View Post
    For those of us with the Voda 750, it will be good to have the Cingular model out as it has been very quiet on the 750 forum lately. More users, more information, more tips and tricks.
    I 2nd that!

*still feels cool to have a phone not out in the US, yet*
    Quote Originally Posted by naftalim View Post
    PLUS, we can flash the Cingular ROM onto our 750's. Newer ROM's are always a good thing
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    The Vodaphone 750 does have voice dialing via bluetooth headset. I would expect that the Cingular one would have it also.
    bcaslis,

In another thread, someone said the voice dialing via BT on the 750 only works for BT Headphones (dual ear) and not single ear headsets..is that accurate?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I don't know if it's been posted here, but I was looking at the Cingular phones and found this rebate form: http://www.cingular.com/global/MEDIA...PHL_123006.pdf
    which lists the Treo 750 with and without a camera. The interesting thing is that the form EXPIRES December 30, 2006.

So, can one be expected before the rebate expires?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650