Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    If this helps anyone, I am looking to sell my 3 week old 750v for which I am the original owner. The phone is in perfect working order, comes with accessories, and is only being sold because I prefer the POS.

If you are interested, please email me at jcarey116@insightbb.com .

Thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by needmoretoys View Post
    Okay, I called 3 stores and the cingular 800 #. No one knows when this thing is coming out. One guy says he thinks early January, but I think he was just guessing. My dilemma is that my treo 650 is on it's last leg and I need to dump sprint. My work will give me the 700wx to me for free, but on sprint - hell no.

I'm thinking of getting the 8525 and switch if the 750 comes out within the 30 days. But thatís a big gamble cause if it doesn't then I could be stuck with the 8525 if I don't like it.

This sucks, how can palm/cingular not release this phone for Christmas, no wonder wall street dumped the stock last week when palm announced the delay.

i dont see cingular rushing to get a buggy 750 to us. one, the 8525 is selling rather well for cingular. i ordered a second one for work and it was backordered last week. if you do go from your 650 to the 8525, you wont go to a 750! the screen dimensions make up for the lack of a keyboard under the screen!
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    If you do go from your 650 to the 8525, you wont go to a 750! the screen dimensions make up for the lack of a keyboard under the screen!
    Actually, I'm returning my 8525 to cingular and returning to my 650. From "not as fast as promised" internet speeds to the lack of true one-handed usability - for my needs, the 650 trumps the otherwise amazing 8525. Once the 750 comes out, I'll definately upgrade. I need a phone centric device that can do a lot of other stuff.
    I considered the HTC Hermes (a dopod 838 Pro) but my experience with the HTC Wizard ( http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/review/...ocket_pc_phone ) proved to me that it is not the best formfactor for one-handed use. The Treo 750v is perfect in this regard.
    Palm Treo 750v
    Running on Three Australia
    1GB miniSD - Bluetooth GPS - Nokia CK-1W Car-Kit
    That's my problem with the 8125. I need two hands and a stylus to do just about anything. I've not used a smartphone device so I have no idea how you would use WM5 without a stylus, but however they accomplished it I'd really like to see some of that technology filter it's way back into the PPC version.

The 750v form-factor at least eliminates one big PITA for me: The slide-out keyboard. Quite difficult to text someone back if your hands are full when you need two hands. (And even when it's slid out the 8125 keyboard is so wide that you can't use one thumb to tap out a message.)
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01 View Post
    That's my problem with the 8125. I need two hands and a stylus to do just about anything.
    Then you didn't customize it properly. Granted, some investigation and effort is necessary, but one handed operation (sans keyboard) is totally possible. I have total one-handed operation on my KJAM using iLauncher, Small Menu, Pocket Breeze/Contact Breeze, and Smartskey. The only time I take out my stylus is to write notepad items in drawing mode.

I agree with you on the keyboard issue. However, I can live with that for awhile longer until a Cingular 750 hits the streets.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser View Post
    I spent a lot on my unbranded 650. I sure would love to consider a Cingular 750 that could be flashed. Can that really be done? No drawback?
    I'm not sure, I'm new to Treo's and WM5. I've demo'd the 700w (Verizon) and 700p (Sprint.) I guess I was assuming/hoping it would be possible, I guess that is still in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    What did Cingular cripple on the Treo 600 and 650? Nothing that I'm aware of...
    That is good to hear, I've been using Nokias since the beginning, and I just prefer unlocked/unbranded phones for not having features I would like be hidden, and also for not having the carrier-added programs/features. I guess I'm just too picky though.

So far as the PTT, it's not for me, personally

Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    I've paid $700 for Palm branded unlocked Treo 600 and 650 in the past years and can't help feel that I totally wasted my money becuase it wasn't necessary.
    Thanks, I'm thinking I'll probably pick up the Cingular version when it comes out, and hope I can reflash it with the unlocked ROM when it comes out.
    Dec 14 for Cingular 750, I heard
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Ok I hope so, but will they have color options for an unbranded one like they do on the palm site for the 680?
    Quote Originally Posted by ericrwalker View Post
    Ok I hope so, but will they have color options for an unbranded one like they do on the palm site for the 680?
    Nope. The 750 is not considered a "consumer" device like the 680. I don't think Crimson, white, etc will go with the "enterprise" tag of the 750.

Dec 14 for Cingular 750, I heard
    I haven't heard any buzz nor words from any of my "sources". I would be real surprised if anything happens so soon. If anything, perhaps the 14th is an "announcment date" saying that the phone will be available in the future.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Just talked to two local corporate stores. They both are now sayning January Been a reader for a while but this is my first post. Hopefully not my last! Hope to be able to nurse my razr until the 750 comes alive. My first smartphone.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    According to the Boy Genius

We all have been waiting patiently for the Cingular machine to crank out that Treo 750. Now we have word on an estimated time frame as well as some bad news. I'll give you the goods first – the 750 has been scheduled for a Q4 release. I say scheduled loosely since I doubt Cingular will come through with this but at least if its delayed it can't be that far off. The bad news is that instead of getting the download speeds of HSDPA we are going to have to settle for just plain UMTS. We thought maybe Cingular would squeeze that upgrade into their version seeing as how long the product has been delayed for, but guess not. Cingular is offering an upgraded firmware shortly after the release of the product to add HSDPA support although no scheduled launch date has been announced. Keep it here for updates coming soon!

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Just talked to two Cingular reps who say it was supposed to come out on Friday like we had previously heard, but pushed now to February.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    This back and forth is so dumb.
    I was in a Cingular store today in Atlanta. They just received the "dummy phone" for the 750. They are hearing Dec 18th.
    Dummy phones coming in are a GOOD GOOD sign.
    LOL, this sounds just like the release of the 680. So many dates flying back and forth. So many people complaining that it's not released when they said they would. All we can do is wait and see what happens.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    I work for Cingular and we just received an email stating the launch of the 750 is pushed back to January 9th. Actually 3 phones are scheduled for that date. Some new type of razor phone, a new version of the samsung c417 and the treo 750.
    Quote Originally Posted by DAlba View Post
    I work for Cingular and we just received an email stating the launch of the 750 is pushed back to January 9th. Actually 3 phones are scheduled for that date. Some new type of razor phone, a new version of the samsung c417 and the treo 750.
    Interesting. We shall see. I never believe it until I see it in the store or in someones hand!!
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    @DAlba is correct. I just returned my 8525 yesterday and bought the Blackjack instead. I mentioned to the store rep that I had the 750v before hand and really loved it. Why I switched is beyond me. He pulled out a non-working Cingular 750 demo. He mentioned that they were supposed to get them and start selling them December 9th, but got pushed back to January. He said because of FCC/Cingular's testing policies, etc. I am not sure if that's the real reason, but it looks like its soon. Given they had some information and a demo to show tells me that its soon at least.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone