Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 168
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    Only the 3G and BT 2.0 can't be matched by 8125, both of which has no use for me since I am in TMobile. As to the camera, both 2MB and 1.3 MB are crap. Other things like A2dp, 5 customizable hardware buttons and a scroll wheel all exist in 8125 with patches. As to the better display, it is too subjective. Some people can see the difference between SONY and SHARP LCD, while I never can tell.

    The one-hand operation in 8125 is fantastic, which is all due to the OS. I don't think 8525 has BETTER operation convenice than 8125.

    Don't be frustrated, the instant keyboard in treo 750v makes big difference, which is the main reason I can give up the 320*240 LCD and wi-fi and wait for the treo 750v. Again, 3G is no use to me.
    Couple of questions. What patch allows the existence of a scroll wheel (not saracastic, but I do not understand this statement)? 2MB camera on the 8525 is MUCH better than the 8125 (but is still a phone camera, so I am assuming you are saying all phone cameras stink). Also, you should know that T-Mobile has stated that they rolling out their UTMS network.
  2. #62  
    T-Mobile is bringing out 3G but at different frequencies than anyone else. The world except for the U.S. uses 1900/2100 (UMTS requires two frequencies for upload/download). Cingular is using 850/1900. A few devices (Treo 750v and HTC TyTN) support 850/1900/2100 so they can be used world-wide. T-Mobile is going to use 1700/2100. That means no existing devices will work with them and likely they will only be able to support devices manufactured specifically for them. That was one of the reasons I left T-Mobile after having them for almost 10 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by moppet52 View Post
    Couple of questions. What patch allows the existence of a scroll wheel (not saracastic, but I do not understand this statement)? 2MB camera on the 8525 is MUCH better than the 8125 (but is still a phone camera, so I am assuming you are saying all phone cameras stink). Also, you should know that T-Mobile has stated that they rolling out their UTMS network.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  3. #63  
    Okay, I called 3 stores and the cingular 800 #. No one knows when this thing is coming out. One guy says he thinks early January, but I think he was just guessing. My dilemma is that my treo 650 is on it's last leg and I need to dump sprint. My work will give me the 700wx to me for free, but on sprint - hell no.

    I'm thinking of getting the 8525 and switch if the 750 comes out within the 30 days. But that’s a big gamble cause if it doesn't then I could be stuck with the 8525 if I don't like it.

    This sucks, how can palm/cingular not release this phone for Christmas, no wonder wall street dumped the stock last week when palm announced the delay.
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by needmoretoys View Post
    This sucks, how can palm/cingular not release this phone for Christmas, no wonder wall street dumped the stock last week when palm announced the delay.
    Yeah, I feel the same way. I was all gung-ho on picking up a Blackjack because I am getting tired of waiting for the 750. However, I found out that the Blackjack doesn't support BT voice dialing (it's screwed up BT stack) so I gave it the kibosh.

    My KJAM battles on.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  5. #65  
    i think the blackjack just looks horrible anyway..............im fine with waiting for the 750, i mean the wait is killin me but im not gettin that blackjack thing...........
  6. #66  
    I had a meeting with Microsoft today in which they did a presentation on their Exchange push email. One of the MS guys had a 750v and he said it would be late December early Jan for the Cingular launch.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by treonu-b View Post
    just read over on HoFo that you'll be able to order the phone tomorrow but wont be in stores till next week (saying dec. 12).........

    this guy mocky claims his source was right on a couple other realease infos and he's 99.9% sure the 750 will be released (to order) tomorrow.......

    "I have connections
    Previously this guy was 100% correct about November releases of Black Jack, Pearl, and Treo 680."

    "My connection tried to order it for his stores today and got message that order can not be taken before the official release date which is tomorrow. He expect the phones to be delivered to the stores next week."

    -mocky from HoFo

    Whether the phone will be available to purchase tomorrow or not, a bunch of other ppl are also sayin the dec. 12th date so thats the latest rumor........

    Just relayin the info........not sure how accurate it really is......
    Drop that 100% for the source.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
  8. #68  
    I don't care if it's locked. I can easily unlock it if need be. I just want a Cingular-branded Treo 750. Would I have more access with the Vodaphone version as far as Cingular blocking anything on theirs? For one, I do want manual network selection. What else does Cingular block that Vodaphone maybe does not? Thanks...
  9. #69  
    Ok im about to give in. What are some sites that are selling the Unlocked Vodaphone one here in america. Ugh!

    Thanks
    C
  10. #70  
    Chris I feel the same way...I am using the 680 to keep me until the 750 comes out...The problem I have is the 680 hardly gets a signal in my house. The moment I walk outside it goes to a full signal. When I had the Blackjack for a short time I had a full signal on the 3G network. This is why I am getting it.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris A. View Post
    Ok im about to give in. What are some sites that are selling the Unlocked Vodaphone one here in america. Ugh!

    Thanks
    C
    Wait until the 14th of this month. That is the current rumor I am hearing from different sources. If it is not out by then, maybe it's worth just getting the unlocked version. I would hate to see you spend $800 just to have the Cingular version come out a week later.
  12. #72  
    Boy do I feel pain in these posts.
    What makes it worse is neither Palm nor Cing is letting you guys know what's going on. I know someone will come along and say that they don't owe you anything.
    But it sure seems to make sense to atleast let you know something.

    I bet the hold up is just trying to get their stupid cing crap apps to play friendly.

    Yea, it's a good chance I will still get the 750. But having the 8525 has really eased the pain.

    I guess that's why I'm still confused at the hold up.
    The 750v is out and working on Cing and some hacked it to get Hsdpa. The 8525 is out and I have had no issues at all. (except for a few apps I tried loading, but that is to be expected.)

    What is so different with the Cing branded 750 that they can't get it out to their customers?
    Just call me Berd.
  13. BamaATL's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    Would I have more access with the Vodaphone version as far as Cingular blocking anything on theirs? For one, I do want manual network selection. What else does Cingular block that Vodaphone maybe does not? Thanks...
    The blocked manual network selection is not part of the Cingular branded phone. This is still blocked on the Vodaphone 750v that I have. From what I understand this is done by the Cingular SIM.
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerShark View Post
    The blocked manual network selection is not part of the Cingular branded phone. This is still blocked on the Vodaphone 750v that I have. From what I understand this is done by the Cingular SIM.
    I am hoping for a hack like the one I've enjoyed and needed for so long on my beloved Treo 650. We could have something like that done on the 750, no?
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Boy do I feel pain in these posts.
    What makes it worse is neither Palm nor Cing is letting you guys know what's going on. I know someone will come along and say that they don't owe you anything.
    But it sure seems to make sense to atleast let you know something.

    I bet the hold up is just trying to get their stupid cing crap apps to play friendly.

    Yea, it's a good chance I will still get the 750. But having the 8525 has really eased the pain.

    I guess that's why I'm still confused at the hold up.
    The 750v is out and working on Cing and some hacked it to get Hsdpa. The 8525 is out and I have had no issues at all. (except for a few apps I tried loading, but that is to be expected.)

    What is so different with the Cing branded 750 that they can't get it out to their customers?
    You talk like it's late.

    And you're right: They don't owe you anything. They just launched a product into the market a couple of weeks ago. I;m sure they want to give it a chance to sell on it's own before being overshadowed by a higher end model.


    We all feel it would be nice if they were better at communicating in advance, but since they never really have done that, why are people still surprised and disappointed when they don't?

    If they are making sure that Cingular regional warehouses and stores are properly stocked on the day of launch so we can actually go get one and take it home with us, then that is not a bad business practice.

    I've never seen such a collection of whiners..........
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
  16. #76  
    You're seeing impatient people because the phone is technically already out, BUT at a very high price. People who want Cingular to release the phone are those who want the subsidized model.

    I however want to see what Palm itself wants for the unlocked model. I have decided to never get a Cingular branded phone again due to something always being disabled by Cingular. But I'm certain the unlocked model will be out by next year, I'll wait.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  17. #77  
    i along with Lady Diva will wait. but perhaps like/unlike her, i'd prefer an unlocked "unbranded" version.

    we'll have to see.
  18. pthall's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I have decided to never get a Cingular branded phone again due to something always being disabled by Cingular.
    I'm with you about being tired of cingular restricting features on their phones.

    I'm currently thinking of getting a Cingular branded phone and reflashing with the unlocked rom and getting the unlock code to give me the best of both price and freedom, or am I overlooking something?
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by PTHall View Post
    I'm with you about being tired of cingular restricting features on their phones.

    I'm currently thinking of getting a Cingular branded phone and reflashing with the unlocked rom and getting the unlock code to give me the best of both price and freedom, or am I overlooking something?
    I spent a lot on my unbranded 650. I sure would love to consider a Cingular 750 that could be flashed. Can that really be done? No drawback?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by PTHall View Post
    I'm with you about being tired of cingular restricting features on their phones.

    I'm currently thinking of getting a Cingular branded phone and reflashing with the unlocked rom and getting the unlock code to give me the best of both price and freedom, or am I overlooking something?
    What did Cingular cripple on the Treo 600 and 650? Nothing that I'm aware of. Call time in the call history is the only thing I'm aware of.
    Other phones generally get something axed (like Wifi on the blackjack) but the Treo's so far haven't had any real crippling. The 650 didn't have bluetooth DUN right away but that was enabled in a future upgrade.

    I personally might appreciate Cingular's Push to talk feature being on their version. Besides, I'd rather get the 750 off Premiere for about $400-$500 (or upgrade price of $500 - $100 mail in rebate if you're not lucky enough to have premiere) vs. $750 for a Palm branded and just re-flash it with the Palm branded ROM when it's available (if it's necessary.) I'll call Cingular to get the unlock code.
    On xda-developers forums they have the method for re-flashing WM5 phones including Treo 750.

    But if I had to pay full no-contract price of $650, I'd just pay the $100 more and get it directly from Palm.

    I've paid $700 for Palm branded unlocked Treo 600 and 650 in the past years and can't help feel that I totally wasted my money becuase it wasn't necessary.

Posting Permissions