Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I have a Cingular branded phone in my hands right now. I've had it for a couple of weeks now and it seems pretty stable. Only a few soft resets. It is 100% better than my K-Jam (Wizard, 8125). I was a Treo 600 user and dumped it for WM2003Se and then WM5 for the push mail. This thing is the bomb. All I can say is that Palm knows how to make these things right. The whole time I had the I-Mate devices, I kept thinking 'One of these days, Microsoft is going to learn from palm about the nuances that make a great device.' They are almost there, but not quite.

Great phone, hope it is release before my trial is up.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjcace View Post
    I have a Cingular branded phone in my hands right now. I've had it for a couple of weeks now and it seems pretty stable. Only a few soft resets. It is 100% better than my K-Jam (Wizard, 8125). I was a Treo 600 user and dumped it for WM2003Se and then WM5 for the push mail. This thing is the bomb. All I can say is that Palm knows how to make these things right. The whole time I had the I-Mate devices, I kept thinking 'One of these days, Microsoft is going to learn from palm about the nuances that make a great device.' They are almost there, but not quite.

Great phone, hope it is release before my trial is up.
    I am confused about what you mean when you say you have a Cingular branded phone. Do you have a Cingular branded Treo 750 (and if so how did you get it)??!?!?!!? Or do you have a Cingular 8525 type of device???

What do you mean by your trial? Are you talking about the 30 days you get to return a phone? If so, I'm assuming you have the 8525 and not the 750 (bc who would return a 750?!?).
  3.    #23  
    Originally the 750 was slated to be released by Cingular 2 weeks after the 680. Is this still the case? If so, we are looking at a release of the Cingular branded Treo 750 around Dec 8th.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwein84 View Post
    I am confused about what you mean when you say you have a Cingular branded phone. Do you have a Cingular branded Treo 750 (and if so how did you get it)??!?!?!!? Or do you have a Cingular 8525 type of device???

What do you mean by your trial? Are you talking about the 30 days you get to return a phone? If so, I'm assuming you have the 8525 and not the 750 (bc who would return a 750?!?).
    I have a cingular Treo 750. I got it from my parent company's cingular rep. The trial is 30 days I guess for them to see if there are any customer issues. I wish I knew when it was coming out, but my tech guy at cnig says by Christmas.
  5.    #25  
    I have a cingular Treo 750. I got it from my parent company's cingular rep. The trial is 30 days I guess for them to see if there are any customer issues. I wish I knew when it was coming out, but my tech guy at cnig says by Christmas.
    Wow that's awesome! Can you give us some more info on it? Are you having any problems with it? Is it UMTS or HSDPA? Can you post a picture please? Thanks.
    I think I'm under NDA. I might be able to snap a pic. It is just UMTS as far as I can tell. I just did the 1mb test at dslreports, and got 306kbit/sec. 200K test get 197k, 600K test get 275k. It is way better than the speeds I was getting on my K-Jam. Push email works great, dialing from the today screen is awesome, as is assigning an alpha key to speed dials. Just hold down C to call my wife (firstname), a for my coworker (nickname), etc. I absolutely love that feature. Screen size doesn't seem to bother me. I had to scroll on the old one and still do on this. Finally, Kevtris works like a champ. Can't live without kevtris.

I keep my phones in my pocket, so I like a thin case. I remember when I got my Treo 600 thinking what a useless case that was since it didn't clip onto anything. Well, I stuck with it and when I moved on to the PDA2k and KJam, I really missed that case. I had to sew one up for the PDA2k and use an Ipod sock for the kajm. Everyone think's I'm gay with that, but oh well. Anyway, I just ordered an old 600 case off ebay for this thing. If you told me in 04 that I would be giddy about that thing coming, I would have laughed at you.
    I think I'm under NDA. I might be able to snap a pic. It is just UMTS as far as I can tell. I just did the 1mb test at dslreports, and got 306kbit/sec. 200K test get 197k, 600K test get 275k. It is way better than the speeds I was getting on my K-Jam. Push email works great, dialing from the today screen is awesome, as is assigning an alpha key to speed dials. Just hold down C to call my wife (firstname), a for my coworker (nickname), etc. I absolutely love that feature. Screen size doesn't seem to bother me. I had to scroll on the old one and still do on this. Finally, Kevtris works like a champ. Can't live without kevtris.

I keep my phones in my pocket, so I like a thin case. I remember when I got my Treo 600 thinking what a useless case that was since it didn't clip onto anything. Well, I stuck with it and when I moved on to the PDA2k and KJam, I really missed that case. I had to sew one up for the PDA2k and use an Ipod sock for the kajm. Everyone think's I'm gay with that, but oh well. Anyway, I just ordered an old 600 case off ebay for this thing. If you told me in 04 that I would be giddy about that thing coming, I would have laughed at you.

Hmmm....when did you get this unit? I can't believe that Cingular would launch the 750 without HSDPA. Maybe you're in a bad area?

As for cases, from what I can tell, the 750 is a bit smaller and rounder than the 650. I imagine that some types of cases wont work well with the new 750 form factor.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    I got it about 2 weeks ago. I don't know if they are going to do a rom to enable the HSDPA, but at the mothership, my co-worker's 8525 gets HSDPA speeds just fine.
    I got it about 2 weeks ago. I don't know if they are going to do a rom to enable the HSDPA, but at the mothership, my co-worker's 8525 gets HSDPA speeds just fine.
    I had a friend stopped by the local Cingular store yesterday and she said they had the 750 in stock....so I'm going by tomorrow......

Now this phone is high speed Internet? I sure wish it was Palm OS instead of WM5.....will there be a Palm version or is there one world wide?
    Quote Originally Posted by GaBoYnFla View Post
    I had a friend stopped by the local Cingular store yesterday and she said they had the 750 in stock....so I'm going by tomorrow......

Now this phone is high speed Internet? I sure wish it was Palm OS instead of WM5.....will there be a Palm version or is there one world wide?

i bet that the salesperson meant the 680.......i really doubt the 750 will be there tomorrow................
    Quote Originally Posted by treonu-b View Post
    i bet that the salesperson meant the 680.......i really doubt the 750 will be there tomorrow................
    Hey u never know. Someone at some cing store sold 680 before it was ready to sell . I think I read that in this forum somewhere.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Local store just got the 680 in...but said the 750 was delayed, again.

I don't have a personal relationship or anything with the sales rep, but this store is the only one in the area that actually knows what the heck I'm talking about when I throw out phrases such as "680", "750", and "Blackjack".

Said about two (2) weeks for the 750 release...so early-December.

Almost bought a 750v off ebay last night...
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Visiting my parents and stopped by their po-dunk cingular store. They had the 680 so I started asking questions about 680 pricing.

The rep pulled out the sales spreadsheet and started showing all the variables, 1 yr vs 2, w/ + w/out data. she handed it to me to look at and listed right below it on the page was a row for the 750.

essentially everything was +$200 to the 680 pricing.
    HP Jornada 420 --> HP Jornada 720 --> IPaq 3600 --> Clie 615c --> Cingular Treo 650 --> next? 680 unlocked or wait for 750

"Why is your lack of planning now my problem."
    Quote Originally Posted by GaBoYnFla View Post

I called the store back this weekend and they said they had neither phone so much for my brilliant friend giving me a scoup!
    Any latest info on a release date?
    Quote Originally Posted by KKSigua View Post
    Any latest info on a release date?
    just read over on HoFo that you'll be able to order the phone tomorrow but wont be in stores till next week (saying dec. 12).........

this guy mocky claims his source was right on a couple other realease infos and he's 99.9% sure the 750 will be released (to order) tomorrow.......

"I have connections
    Previously this guy was 100% correct about November releases of Black Jack, Pearl, and Treo 680."

"My connection tried to order it for his stores today and got message that order can not be taken before the official release date which is tomorrow. He expect the phones to be delivered to the stores next week."

-mocky from HoFo

Whether the phone will be available to purchase tomorrow or not, a bunch of other ppl are also sayin the dec. 12th date so thats the latest rumor........

Just relayin the info........not sure how accurate it really is......
    Well let's hope and keep our fingers crossed!
    I am calling the NBO in 20 mins, right when it opens. I have a FAN account, so this had better be true.
    I just called Cingular NBO (10:16AM EST) and the rep said the latest Treo they have is the 680. She said no Treo 750.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast