Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Is there any way to block incoming calls or txt messages? I know Verizons site says NO on the incoming calls, but I couldnt find anything regarding txt messages. I am getting unwanted messages from someone and its getting fairly irritating. I searched but no luck. Im hoping one of you crafty peeps have figured something out

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COBronco View Post
    Is there any way to block incoming calls or txt messages? I know Verizons site says NO on the incoming calls, but I couldnt find anything regarding txt messages. I am getting unwanted messages from someone and its getting fairly irritating. I searched but no luck. Im hoping one of you crafty peeps have figured something out

Thanks
    You can try CallSMS Blocker:
    http://www.winmobileapps.com/device/...c/csb/csb.aspx

There is this new one (though I can't get it to install):
    http://www.magisoftwarehouse.com/

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    You can try CallSMS Blocker:
    http://www.winmobileapps.com/device/...c/csb/csb.aspx

There is this new one (though I can't get it to install):
    http://www.magisoftwarehouse.com/
    Ugh, the first option has no trial option. I refuse to buy apps before testing them as most of them suck, and like you I cant get the second one to work!

Thanks for trying, I guess Ill just have to fight with verizon on this for a while. Its stupid there isnt an option to block callers/txt....
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Could you add them as a contact and assign a ringtone with no sound to it? Then your phone would not ring when they call at least.

Greg
    Ugh, the first option has no trial option. I refuse to buy apps before testing them as most of them suck, and like you I cant get the second one to work!

Thanks for trying, I guess Ill just have to fight with verizon on this for a while. Its stupid there isnt an option to block callers/txt....
    Well, the 2nd one is brand new and I'm helping the developer beta test it.

I have a special version that does work and I have to admit, it's a nice program.

I'm just starting to play with it now though so I can't give any real feedback outside of it's well designed.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I actually got the 2nd one installed. It will manage the calls fine, but not anything to do with the txt messages. Saw your post on helping him develop it. Thats great! I notice this is a trail version with an option to buy. Any way that I can help out or avoid having to buy the thing until its ready to be released? If I could get the txt part of it to work I would buy it right now
    I actually got the 2nd one installed. It will manage the calls fine, but not anything to do with the txt messages. Saw your post on helping him develop it. Thats great! I notice this is a trail version with an option to buy. Any way that I can help out or avoid having to buy the thing until its ready to be released? If I could get the txt part of it to work I would buy it right now
    read here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=283565

I can't get the app to hang up or pick up/hang up blocked calls. It ignores fine, pass on fine.

Also, outgoing blocked confuses the phone app a bit (if you hit your right menu key, you'll still see options for speakerphone and mute.) That may be related to the optional notification.

Haven't tried SMS yet.

Actually an update on that 2nd program:

It's actually working very well. Even a blocked SMS was sent to my deleted folder like I set it up to do.

It can pick up/hang up, ignore calls, pass on (logs calls) all incoming.

Outgoing works well to: hangup or "change number" (not sure what that does).

Hangup doesn't seem to work, it just sends to voicemail which is still really nice.

Call SMS blocker can be downloaded to see what features it has. Lots of options to include or exclude lists for e-mail and calls. Other software I have tried for this allows for a quick ring to escape (other software needs time to recognize the number coming in). I used CallFilter on Palm and this is the closest I could find. It doesn't work until purchased. I use Treo 700 - it works.
    any updates to this forum? did any of you find a good app that does block sms for a predefined list, and as well log those sms? i'm looking for an app that I can have a predefined list that I receive sms from, yet receive it silently. how is that call smsblocker, did anyone buy it?

thanks for your help