1.    #1  
    on incoming mail so that I know without powering on the screen that I have an email or text message.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Would be nice. I can't believe somebody hasn't hacked this yet.
    It can be done with Phone Alarm but I'd rather personally not use a program that does 999,999 things I don't need for the 1 thing that I do.

I'd just like to see a small app or hack that does that one thing, enable flashing LED on message, missed call, etc.
  4.    #4  
    Phone Alarm is an intriguing program...

Are there other applications that handle that feature of summarizing all missed calls, emails, sms's etc?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    After messing around with Phone Alarm and LEDup, I found out that neither program did what I wanted it to do. Phone Alarm was too much, and I'm not even sure what the point of LEDup is.

I found a way to keep the LED blinking green on a new email/sms message though.

All you have to do is go into your notification settings and turn off "display message on screen". If you turn that off, the light will constantly blink until you read the email/SMS.
    Actually... there have been talks about the green LED staying on if you install Phone Alarm and then remove it. It discusses that Phone Alarm leaves something installed on your Treo even after an uninstall.

I get no green light right now because I never installed Phone Alarm.

This might be whats happening with you. I noticed though that even after I uninstalled Phone Alarm and I still got the green light... it would never stay on for me. Maybe ill try turning the notification off like you said.
    I read reports of that too. I actually tried it before I uninstalled Phone Alarm. I had Phone Alarm turned off but not uninstalled.
    boo. how about emuleding ledOff thru the palm os emulating software ?

is it me or is a WM treo user more or less screwed, software wise?
    You can solve 99% of the Treo's problems with a hard reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by question View Post
    boo. how about emuleding ledOff thru the palm os emulating software ?

is it me or is a WM treo user more or less screwed, software wise?

i actually thought about doing this but it not worth it to me, have 2 programs running just for one function, assuming that it would work....
    As I said on Treo 750 hardware forum...

Hi, I'm developing a freeware app called Treo Tweaks.

This app enables some tricks for treo 750v like enabling SMS/MMS receipt notifications (spanish Treos have them disabled), making configurable Web Search Today Plugin, customizable radio on/off screens and sounds and now, with TigerShark's help, led enabling for notifications.

I have a first version (incompleted yet) downloadable from TodopocketPC.com (sorry, spanish version only right now).

Ok, I'm trying reinventing the wheel, but I think it's usefull for preventing wrong registry modifications.

If you want to use it, you'll need .NET Compact Framework 2.0
    Newness Developments apps:

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    As I said on Treo 750 hardware forum...

Hi, I'm developing a freeware app called Treo Tweaks.

This app enables some tricks for treo 750v like enabling SMS/MMS receipt notifications (spanish Treos have them disabled), making configurable Web Search Today Plugin, customizable radio on/off screens and sounds and now, with TigerShark's help, led enabling for notifications.

I have a first version (incompleted yet) downloadable from TodopocketPC.com (sorry, spanish version only right now).

Ok, I'm trying reinventing the wheel, but I think it's usefull for preventing wrong registry modifications.

If you want to use it, you'll need .NET Compact Framework 2.0
    deCorvett... tried looking for the software on your website (do speak spanish) but wasn't able to find it. I even tried doing a search in the software section. Can you point me to the right place. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mcapiro View Post
    deCorvett... tried looking for the software on your website (do speak spanish) but wasn't able to find it. I even tried doing a search in the software section. Can you point me to the right place. Thanks
    Sorry, by mistake I forgot to put the link here. The app it's in a forum post, so it's difficult to find it

It's better to have a direct download link:

Treo Tweaks
    does this help you?

Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    This works on both various WM03 and WM05 devices to turn off the blinking led lights:

Hkey_Local_Machine/Drivers/Builtin/AllLEDMgr

Change the Index value from 1 to 0

Soft reset if needed

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...LED#post873439
    Hobbes:

I am trying to get the LEDs to blink when an email comes in. Thats all I want. I don't want to shut them off completely.

Its a shame there is no basic tweak to do this yet.
    My app does it. My app isn't a hack, or a resident app. It's just a registry tweaker.
    Newness Developments apps:

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iammike View Post
    I'd just like to see a small app or hack that does that one thing, enable flashing LED on message, missed call, etc.
    Has anyone done that successfully on treo 750v? I tried the MortScript method suggested in another thread and it works well. However, i think it suck up more battery juice than i previously thought. So in the meantime, I had it uninstalled. The registry as suggested by deCorvette sounds good. I'm the sort of tech guy who likes to keep the treo clean and simple for optimum performance. Any chance that it's in English now? Thanks!
    Ericsson 688 : Phillips Genie Sport : Siemens S35i : Handspring Visor : Nokia 8310 : Nokia 6610 : Nokia N70 : [Vodaphone Treo 750v WM6 + 2GB Transcend miniSD]
    I have a Cingular 8525, I guess an HTC TYTN unbranded, and it has an option to blink orange when received an SMS or Email for a certain amount of time.

If someone knows how to get this option ripped or whatever, I'm willing to upload it here...
    I am extremely interested in this too. Would like to get the Butler LED control I had on my 650: green, red, orange, blink/no blink... English version of Treo Tweaks yet?
    SE P900-->Treo 650 (Cingular)-->Qtek 9100-->Treo 650 (Unlocked)-->Treo 680 (Unlocked)-->Treo 650-->ATT Tilt-->Blackberry Curve-->?PRE
    Quote Originally Posted by cutoffcirc View Post
    I am extremely interested in this too. Would like to get the Butler LED control I had on my 650: green, red, orange, blink/no blink... English version of Treo Tweaks yet?
    Not english version of Treo Tweaks right now, bout i'm going to release it as soon as possible.

By the way, It doesn't controls the led's color, just two positions: green blink/not blink.