1.    #1  
    does anyone have any recommendations for a good "soft reset app". i have one that i found but don't like it much ( softresetppc2003 ) . i knidof liked the one that came with the first palm messageing app. that has been removed and i cant find it in a search.

what do you guys use?
    how do you like it?

i have always used spb pocket plus which has one built in, but for different reasons i;m am looking for something else.

thanks, cody
    ...I drilled a hole in the battery cover. got the idea from a product available at seidio.com. Cheaper this way....My skyguide beta has a soft reset button, and i think a lot of the taskmanager add ons, like magic button, wisebar, etc. have a menu option. Sometimes WM is so unresponsive, u have to use the stylus on the hard button.
    I use Magic Button for reset. I'll have to check, but I think I still have the original Palm Messaging app somewhere with the reset app.
    I use MemMaid.
    PSShutXP is pretty nice
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I use Magic Button for reset. I'll have to check, but I think I still have the original Palm Messaging app somewhere with the reset app.
    any way a guy like you could pull the cab out of the cab. if you know what I mean. I don't want the palmbeta 1 running just for the softrest app.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    any way a guy like you could pull the cab out of the cab. if you know what I mean. I don't want the palmbeta 1 running just for the softrest app.
    No, I'm gonna make you install beta1 just for the reset app. hehe

Of course I'll create a new cab with just the reset app in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsup1o View Post
    PSShutXP is pretty nice
    I use this one and its very nice (and free).
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I use GSPocketMagic.. It's great and freeware, plus you get Start Menu with it.
  11.    #11  
    No, I'm gonna make you install beta1 just for the reset app. hehe

Of course I'll create a new cab with just the reset app in it.
    thank you
    Here it is. To Cody's specifications!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    nice.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  14.    #14  
    thanks hannip. it works perfectly. once again, you be da man.
  15. kac
    Thanks hannip! I was asking for this in the sms app thread. SWEET!
    Thanks hannip! Nothing hacks me off more than having to pull my phone out of the cradle to do a soft reset..
    Dumb question. I amnew to WM. How do I get the file on my Treo? I can open it on the PC but I cannot see how to transfer it. I have tried emailing the cab file butit does not come through.
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    If you have a storage card in your device, copy the .cab to that, put the card back in your phone, browse to wherever you put the file, and run it.
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

this is just what i was looking for, thanks hannip.