Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I guess it would make it more expensive to have a bt sink on each can. It would be really cool though.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    The Jabra's and Plantronics headphones can do that too.

http://www.jabra.com/JabraCMS/NA/EN/...abraBT620s.htm
    Also, just so I get this straight, if I am listening to music via the dongle, and a call comes in, i can immediately answer the call and use the bluetooth headphones and mic if I use the Ant/Jabra/Plantronics headphones?
  3.    #23  
    I guess it would make it more expensive to have a bt sink on each can. It would be really cool though.
    Yea, it would be totally cool as you could use just one can like a BT earpiece.
    Quote Originally Posted by dartmouth01 View Post
    Also, just so I get this straight, if I am listening to music via the dongle, and a call comes in, i can immediately answer the call and use the bluetooth headphones and mic if I use the Ant/Jabra/Plantronics headphones?
    Yep. The music pauses while you are on the call and should resume when you hang up.
    Yep. The music pauses while you are on the call and should resume when you hang up.
    Thanks hannip. Does this work by using two profiles for the treo? (one for the dongle, and one that connects straight to the phone)?

With the Jensen's you own, can you do this as well?
    Thanks hannip. Does this work by using two profiles for the treo? (one for the dongle, and one that connects straight to the phone)?

With the Jensen's you own, can you do this as well?
    Yes, the Jensen's pair with both the dongle and treo. The a2dp profile is used with the dongle and the handsfree profile is used with the treo. I make a connection to the treo first then I plug in the dongle and turn it on which also connects to the headphones at the same time.

I listen to some music and a call comes in. The music pauses and then a ring comes into the headphones from the treo bt. I push the phone button on the headphones and it answers the call. When the call is done I hit the phone button again and it hangs up the treo and the music starts playing again.

Note that the Jensons are really designed for playing music and it's phone function is a bit lacking. There is a little static when using the handsfree profile. There are definitely better headphones, but the music sounds great on these.
    Wow, technology has come so far....

Thanks hannip.
  8.    #28  
    Yes, the Jensen's pair with both the dongle and treo. The a2dp profile is used with the dongle and the handsfree profile is used with the treo. I make a connection to the treo first then I plug in the dongle and turn it on which also connects to the headphones at the same time.

I listen to some music and a call comes in. The music pauses and then a ring comes into the headphones from the treo bt. I push the phone button on the headphones and it answers the call. When the call is done I hit the phone button again and it hangs up the treo and the music starts playing again.

Note that the Jensons are really designed for playing music and it's phone function is a bit lacking. There is a little static when using the handsfree profile. There are definitely better headphones, but the music sounds great on these.
    Thanks for the review hannip. Any other stereo BT headphone experiences with the 700w/wx. Particularly phone functionality with the headset as well as music/stereo quality.
    Well I have my Samsung Anycall SBH100 headphones which are cool, have good call quality and good sound quality and support all of the avrcp functions, however they can't do the dongle/treo trick to be connected to both at the same time. If Palm ever comes out with the a2dp support for the 700wx these will be my preferred headphones.

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/...bh100-en.shtml
    How about the ant x5's? Anyone 700w users want to throw a quick reveiw of those headphones?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    So, none of the Treos will let me listen using BT headphones unless I plug in an adapter to the phone?

I have just been introduced to the whole BT stereo headphone experience but I am thrilled with mine. I use them with my iPAQ and I have never had such a good headphone experience. Yeah, my Sennheisers definitely sound better, but these (Motorola HT820) really sound quite good. Plus, getting rid of the wires of other headphones while on the move is unbelievably convenient.
    The treo 750's support a2dp natively, but not the 700's. For the 700's you need the dongle for now.
  13.    #33  
    Ok, so I went to Frys today to actually test and purchase a pair of stereo BT headphones. You know, FRYS. The frigging holy land of all that is tech and you know what! NOT a SINGLE pair of stereo BT phone headphones. NONE. All they carried was a Motorola set for use with a computer for voip calls.

Anyone know a chain with a good amount of models to try?
  14.    #34  
    Ok, finally received the Blue ant BT headphones. Nice design BUT will not do stereo through the dongle when using the standard 2.5 to 3.5 adapter. Ok, scratch that. After plugging and unplugging a few times the stereo kicked in. Will have more review as I have more use time with these.
    I've had mixed results with various 2.5 to 3.5 adapters. I finally just went to my local radio shack and picked one up. Works great. Most of the ones you get online don't seem to work unless specifically designed for the treo and even then I've had problems. I guess the treo 2.5 connector isn't "standard".
  16.    #36  
    I've had mixed results with various 2.5 to 3.5 adapters. I finally just went to my local radio shack and picked one up. Works great. Most of the ones you get online don't seem to work unless specifically designed for the treo and even then I've had problems. I guess the treo 2.5 connector isn't "standard".
    Yea, it seemed like it needed a couple of connections for the stereo to take. But no other problems yet. Edited to add. Now I can't get the stereo to kick in again. Gonna try some different adapters. The one I'm using I got way back when for my Treo 600.
    Last edited by daThomas; 12/27/2006 at 01:08 PM.
    Hey daThomas, if you find one that works can you let me know where you got it and the part number? My sis actually ordered me the same headphones for Christmas and I should have it later this week hopefully....

Overall, what do you think of the sound quality? Any other comments?

Thanks for keeping us updated!
  18.    #38  
    Hey daThomas, if you find one that works can you let me know where you got it and the part number? My sis actually ordered me the same headphones for Christmas and I should have it later this week hopefully....

Overall, what do you think of the sound quality? Any other comments?

Thanks for keeping us updated!
    I love the headphones. The materials are solid and the sound is great when BT'ng from a 'puter. I called arouhnd to several wireless stores and Rad Shack and no one has any, The Rad Shack guy said it has to be a 4 pin 2.5 to 3 pin 3.5 convertor.

I ordered the SPE Stereo Adapter and the Seidio Audio-Out Coupler here at TreoCentral but it will be over a week for delivery. I hope I don't get stuck having to use the Coupler.

Seriously, I would pay $30+ to get A2DP on this thing. I can't believe it's not possible.
    I use the 3 pin 2.5 to 3 pin 3.5 converter and it works fine. Most 4 pin 2.5 to 3 pin 3.5 converters I've tried don't work or only play in mono.
  20.    #40  
    I use the 3 pin 2.5 to 3 pin 3.5 converter and it works fine. Most 4 pin 2.5 to 3 pin 3.5 converters I've tried don't work or only play in mono.
    Thanks for the input hannip. I wasn't sure about that as it's out of my realm and yet I should have realized. I've never had a factually true statement from a Rad Shack employee.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast