Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. aznspiki's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
       #1  
    hi... i want to backup my data from Treo 700wx coz ...internet explorer kept crashing when i press "back"

    i want to back up my ...

    Contacts
    Text messages
    Tasks
    Calendar

    That's it
    i cant put back other stuff by myself...

    How can i do it?

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    sprite backup
  3. #3  
    Also if you synch and have outlook you can backup your contacts, tasks and calendar
  4. aznspiki's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
       #4  
    can you guys explain it to me more? i tried to backup with Sprite backup 5.1 but how can i choose only Contacts, Text messages, Tasks and Calendar to backup? i don't want to backup the system files and registery coz i'm having problem with the internet explorer so i need to get fresh files.


    Thanks
  5. robdam's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by aznspiki View Post
    can you guys explain it to me more? i tried to backup with Sprite backup 5.1 but how can i choose only Contacts, Text messages, Tasks and Calendar to backup? i don't want to backup the system files and registery coz i'm having problem with the internet explorer so i need to get fresh files.


    Thanks
    Do you synch your Treo with Desktop OL? If so, than no worries; it's backed up on your Desktop OL.
  6. aznspiki's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    Do you synch your Treo with Desktop OL? If so, than no worries; it's backed up on your Desktop OL.

    no i don't.... i always cancel it.
  7. #7  
    Its much easier to just activesync. Make sure you only have tasks, calendar, and contacts checked so its quick and easy. As far as sms, there is a file in your windows folder for it. Search for SMS FILE BACKUP, and you should find the name. Search posts though, not threads.

    Another suggestion would be to setup a free mail2web account. It will sync your calendar, contacts, and tasks with ease. I highly recommend this, it truly is the meaning of Windows Mobile 5.0. You'll never look back, trust me. This won't backup your texts though, so you still have to search for that one.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by aznspiki View Post
    can you guys explain it to me more? i tried to backup with Sprite backup 5.1 but how can i choose only Contacts, Text messages, Tasks and Calendar to backup? i don't want to backup the system files and registery coz i'm having problem with the internet explorer so i need to get fresh files.


    Thanks
    It is not possible to only backup Contacts, Text Messages, Tasks and Calendar. If you Open Sprite Backup in Advanced Mode, uncheck everything in the selective tree except "Email" and "Personal Database", then you will backup all your email accounts, Text Messages, Contacts, Tasks, And Calendar. There will be no system files and registry in the backup file.
  9. #9  
    spb backup will let you backup just what you want under custom. you can try fro free.

    http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/backup/?en
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    spb backup will let you backup just what you want under custom. you can try fro free.

    http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/backup/?en
    Same to Sprite Backup. For Spb it is also not possbile to restore only Text messages, contacts, etc, since the text message belongs to "email". All your email will be restored.
  11. #11  
    +1 here for spb backup. Great program. Also allows for a reset after backing up which has a good way of jogging the phone awake if it slows down on you after a while.

Posting Permissions