Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Hi All,

I'd really like to get some feedback from those using the 750V on T-Mobile.

I'm currently using a Blackberry 8700g but I've posted it on Ebay. My plan was to get a Treo 680, but I'm now wondering about a 750V unlocked.

I used a Treo 650 for almost a year and really liked it's ease of use....then I got an itch to try Windows so bought a T-Mobile MDA. I liked it at first, but got annoyed with the keyboard and experienced some freezes. Sold that after about 2.5 months and got the Blackberry....reliable, but boring to me.

Since my only experience with Windows has been with the MDA, my concerns are: freezing, additional # of steps it takes to perform a function as compared to Palm's OS, ease of use, lags, etc.

Have those of you who purchased a 750V to use on T-Mobile had an easy transition? I've read numerous threads on the device and the need for 'special settings' for use with Cingular/TMO, issues with using the shortcut speed dial for voicemail (something about being set to Vodaphone), etc....I'm somewhat technical, but am wondering if the OS will just be more trouble than it's worth.

I'd love to be able to play with one here in Houston, but obviously that's not possible...would checking out a Treo 700wx help familiarize myself with the OS?

Any advice would be much appreciated! The release of the 680 is taking forever, but having this time is making me reconsider my purchase too.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmorris View Post
    Since my only experience with Windows has been with the MDA, my concerns are: freezing, additional # of steps it takes to perform a function as compared to Palm's OS, ease of use, lags, etc.
    i've had mine on T-Mobile for 3 weeks... i can't address the transition questions, but i have not had any freezing, major lags, etc. i say major, because i may experience a lag if the the phone is polling my 4 email accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by kmorris View Post
    ...I've read numerous threads on the device and the need for 'special settings' for use with Cingular/TMO, issues with using the shortcut speed dial for voicemail (something about being set to Vodaphone), etc....I'm somewhat technical, but am wondering if the OS will just be more trouble than it's worth.
    you'll need to create settings to access the internet with T-Mobile or Cingular. you can find the settings and the process to implement the settings with your "google" friend. once you create the settings they are saved on the phone. i have not had any issues with voice mail with T-Mobile or Cingular. I swap SIMs, select the T-Mobile or Cingular internet setting and i'm good to go. voicemail has always worked when i pressed the number 1. if you're coming from POS to WM5 and haven't used a WM device is quite a while, you should expect some initial frustrations. only you will know if it's more trouble than it's worth (to you).
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    Just got my 750v today and have it fulling running on T-Mobile. I had tried out a 700wx for about 2 weeks and already like this phone a lot better!!!
    It is a bit smaller then the 700 as if they shaved off the edges a bit more. It is also rubberized so it has a great feel to it. So far the signal is as good as the Jam and 700 even without the stub antenna. Screen is MUCH brighter then the 700 which is great as I uses this for GPS a lot.

Also the end button works corectly again (i.e. 1 press goes to today and another to turn it off). Now I just need to get a 4gig SD card though for all my movies. So far I LOVE IT!!!

Only issue I have so far is that this is the 1st Windows Phone I have purchased that doesn't have Messanger on it. I will need to locate a download for it somewhere.
    How r the download speeds on tmobile?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    How r the download speeds on tmobile?
    based on my dslreports.com tests it's good, but not as good/fast as Cingular's UMTS. since i use mine mostly for email, T-Mobile's Edge service is more than acceptable
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    What about shourtcuts on the 750v vs the 650? Does it still take 2-3 extra steps with the 750v? Is it more like the the 700w, 700wx or is it totally different?
    Not sure what you mean by shortcuts. The changes compared to the normal WM5 is very much like the 700w/wx on the 750v. You can set speeddials on the today page, lookup contacts by just typing, SMS threading, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    What about shourtcuts on the 750v vs the 650? Does it still take 2-3 extra steps with the 750v? Is it more like the the 700w, 700wx or is it totally different?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Kindof what butler does with the Keylauncher
    Quote Originally Posted by dcortez View Post
    you'll need to create settings to access the internet with T-Mobile or Cingular. you can find the settings and the process to implement the settings with your "google" friend. once you create the settings they are saved on the phone. i have not had any issues with voice mail with T-Mobile or Cingular. I swap SIMs, select the T-Mobile or Cingular internet setting and i'm good to go. voicemail has always worked when i pressed the number 1. if you're coming from POS to WM5 and haven't used a WM device is quite a while, you should expect some initial frustrations. only you will know if it's more trouble than it's worth (to you).
    So you had to manually input the data settings? the phone didnt take the SIM's settings? I had the 680 and when i slipped the SIM in, i didnt have to program anything. Just looking for clarification
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    I have decided to part with my 750V and go back to the POS. Anyone interested in a very good price?
    oh now you sell it i just bought mine yesterday!!

what was the deciding point for you? I have the 680 but i like to be able to mulitask and have PUSH email for work so that was a deciding factor for me to return my 680 and get a 750
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    I changed because of the WM5 multiple steps required to do the same thing.
    Productivity!
    i've noticed that a lot w/ veteran POS users...i guess i've always used WM5 and even WM2003 that i am accustomed to it. luckily i dont have to sync up w/ mac at home otherwise i would be hating it more
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Actually Missing Sync for Windows Mobile 3.0 is really good. I actually think it does a better job than the Palm OS version. Retains all contact info including ringtones, transfer iCal items with categories, even transfer songs from iTunes and makes WMP playlists! This was increased my tolerance for WM5 immensely (although I think prefer Palm OS in most ways).

Quote Originally Posted by foofighter View Post
    i've noticed that a lot w/ veteran POS users...i guess i've always used WM5 and even WM2003 that i am accustomed to it. luckily i dont have to sync up w/ mac at home otherwise i would be hating it more
    Quote Originally Posted by foofighter View Post
    So you had to manually input the data settings? the phone didnt take the SIM's settings? I had the 680 and when i slipped the SIM in, i didnt have to program anything. Just looking for clarification
    The Palm devices can do this; the Windows devices cannot.
    David
    This is not true. My 750v read the settings from the sim just like Palm OS versions have done. It does work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by defii View Post
    The Palm devices can do this; the Windows devices cannot.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    This is not true. My 750v read the settings from the sim just like Palm OS versions have done. It does work fine.
    i just booted this phone up and it's not reading the settings
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    This seems to work for some settings, guess you were just lucky bcaslis.....i've spent pretty much the whole day getting mine set up and it's still no 100% as my 650 was. I've gotta say the POS is much more user friendly, but WM5 has much more flexibility, speed and expandability.
    Well, I don't know what to say if yours isn't getting it. I've had three and all did the same thing, just read the info from the sim. Maybe it's dependant on the sim? Maybe old sims don't have the necessary info?
    I activated my 750v on TMobile with an unlimited interenet plan. Phone is working, picture and text messaging is working, but I cannot connect to the internet or get anything through the data connection. Does anyone have this working and if so, what are the settings? I created a connection called GPRS and then set it at wap.voicestream.com and left user and password blank. Shouldn't that work to get me out to the internet? I just get WAITING FOR NETWORK the whole time. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast