Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    that wap setting should work for you. as i'm able to connect to the interent that way. I just cant send email from my work exchange email since i havent setup the vpn connection properly.
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles750v View Post
    I activated my 750v on TMobile with an unlimited interenet plan. Phone is working, picture and text messaging is working, but I cannot connect to the internet or get anything through the data connection. Does anyone have this working and if so, what are the settings? I created a connection called GPRS and then set it at wap.voicestream.com and left user and password blank. Shouldn't that work to get me out to the internet? I just get WAITING FOR NETWORK the whole time. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
    This should work, i did the same and am able to get on the net. Stupid question, but is your internet on? TMo sometimes takes a day to activate it. Have you checked the net on another handset?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I activated my 750v on TMobile with an unlimited interenet plan. Phone is working, picture and text messaging is working, but I cannot connect to the internet or get anything through the data connection. Does anyone have this working and if so, what are the settings? I created a connection called GPRS and then set it at wap.voicestream.com and left user and password blank. Shouldn't that work to get me out to the internet? I just get WAITING FOR NETWORK the whole time. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
    If you're in US, the unlimited internet setting is internet2.voicestream.com (or internet3.voicestream.com) not wap.voicestream.com. i always have problems checking email and acessing the internet if i use wap.voicestream.com.
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Actually, "internet2.voicestream.com" and "wap.voicestream.com" should both work. Unless you have requested VPN access the "internet3" settings won't work. No password or username are needed.
    Okay, I got it to work using wap.voicestream.com. It needed a Proxy server put in, which I did, but then it needed port 8080 added. Okay, now that that issue is solved and I can connect to the internet and to e-mail can anyone help me with GPRS vs. EDGE? How do I know when I have an EDGE connection vs GPRS? My signal only shows a G in a box, so I assume this stands for GPRS, but I am in an EDGE maket. Is there something I need to do to get an EDGE connection? I ran a speed test and on a 600k speed test and I am getting 123 kbit/sec and 1.742s latency 40.513s d/l time. Sounds like GPRS to me. What do I need to do to get EDGE on T-Mobile?
    No, your speed is an EDGE speed. I don't remember the exact speed but a GPRS connection is typically much slower.

The GSM in the menu means GSM not GPRS. So you get G for GPRS/EDGE. Likewise you get a U for UMTS/HSDPA.

Okay, I got it to work using wap.voicestream.com. It needed a Proxy server put in, which I did, but then it needed port 8080 added. Okay, now that that issue is solved and I can connect to the internet and to e-mail can anyone help me with GPRS vs. EDGE? How do I know when I have an EDGE connection vs GPRS? My signal only shows a G in a box, so I assume this stands for GPRS, but I am in an EDGE maket. Is there something I need to do to get an EDGE connection? I ran a speed test and on a 600k speed test and I am getting 123 kbit/sec and 1.742s latency 40.513s d/l time. Sounds like GPRS to me. What do I need to do to get EDGE on T-Mobile?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    No, your speed is an EDGE speed. I don't remember the exact speed but a GPRS connection is typically much slower.

The GSM in the menu means GSM not GPRS. So you get G for GPRS/EDGE. Likewise you get a U for UMTS/HSDPA.
    Thanks. So other than speed is there any way to tell EDGE vs. GPRS? A symbol, a setting, anything?
    Last edited by Noodles750v; 12/13/2006 at 08:32 PM.
    There isn't anything that I know of. A few devices use an E for edge, but the 750v doesn't.

Thanks. So other than speed is there any way to tell EDGE vs. GPRS? A symbol, a setting, anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    There isn't anything that I know of. A few devices use an E for edge, but the 750v doesn't.
    That's interesting given the fact that their CMDA competitor shows a 1x or an Ev so the user knows. You would think being demonstrative would be a selling/marketing point. Instead I am relying on the fact that there are no different settings for EDGE vs. GPRS. Of course no one at T-Mobile will help me put them in correctly since they don't sell the phone. I am hoping that by using the settings for the MDA/SDA, I am have done it correctly!
    The Treo 700w and 700wx also show a 1x or EV based on the data speed. But the HTC TyTN (WM5 GSM/UMTS) does the same thing as the Treo 750v, G for GSM and U for UMTS. I think this is a Microsoft thing.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12