1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Been a Treo user through the palm days and almost loving my 750v (Have used WM before), but am getting really frustrated with anything related to Bluetooth. I use, or have tested the following and only one seems to work perfectly;

Parrot CK3100 Car Kit
    Jabra 250v Headset
    Motorola HC500 Headset
    Sony Ericcson HCB100 Speakerphone
    Fortuna Slim Bluetooth GPS
    Anycom Bluetooth Access Point
    Think outside Stowaway Keyboard

Now, the latter apparently has not been tested with the 750v, possible my bad, but then even using the default Bluetooth HID drivers it doesn't work. Pairs with it, eventually, but nothing.

Bluetooth Access point, as far as I can see there are no PAN drivers in the the Bluetooth stack, ok, fair enough.

Slim GPS - Driving me nuts, I've used GPSGate in the past so multiple apps can read the GPS Data, and it works well (I've just discovered there's something similar built in, so playing), except on the Treo. I use this in the main with TomTom 5, and it (was) working, in the extent that GPSgate would see the GPS, we got data, TomTom worked. Except if I got back in the car later, turned GPS on it wouldn't find it, closing and opening the connection in GPSGate would grind the machine to a halt and I would have to reset, to the extent that the only way to get them to reconnect was resetting, I left it 20 mins once and it still didn't connect up.

Then, even when working, after a 2 hour drive TomTom started playing up, and decided I was no longer on the A1 and in the field to one side (I assumed that it was a new stretch it didn't understand), and it's now got worse, to the extent that TomTom grinds to a halt and takes about 5 minutes to respond to a screen press, and if it does get a GPS fix it then loses it again. It's like stop frame animation, except there's 5 minutes between each frame. It suggests bad GPS connection, yet if i go into the TomTom GPS config bit it shows at least 8 satellites and the position updating, speed etc, it all seems fine.

And finally, onto all forms of hands free. The car kit mostly works, I've got it syncing up the contacts, and 95% of the time the auto pair up when I get in the car. However (and this seems true of all hands free devices I've used on it) when it rings, and I press the call answer button I almost have to count to 5 before it 'really' answers, ie if I press and start talking as I used to the other end don't hear me at first. On the occasions when I did have TomTom running and hence two bluetooth devices connected it was impossible, phone would ring, I'd press to answer, and then nothing, as if the device was overloaded and couldn't handle it all at once.

With other hands free, the headsets and the desktop speakerphone I still have the delay (When I think about it, I sometimes get the delay when using the phone to my ear, but not as bad), but I also find it looses connection. I certainly cannot trust that pressing the answer button on the bluetooth device will answer the call, and if I dial from the phone I again cannot trust that the call will go through the bluetooth device and not just the handset (This has happened in the car too, bl**dy frustrating and embarrassing).

Now, it could be the phone not having enough oomph, it could be broken, it could be bluetooth is royally broken, but I know other people are using the same bluetooth devices as me without issue, and am not hearing other people complain, so I assume it's just me / my handset.

Appreciate any advice, comments, or general me too / not me feedback so no what to do next. Am gonna hard reset and keep it 'clean' in terms of addons (other than TomTom) for a while to see if helps, else think it's going back to Vodafone.

TIA - and thanks for reading!

PS: All this lot worked well on my Imate PDA2k which was Windows Mobile 2003 so fairly sure the accessories work
    I can't comment on all the devices you mentioned. But on the bluetooth system in my car the Treo 750v has serious problems. Sometimes it works fine, a few times it seems to work but no audio comes out the Treo or the car speakers, and sometimes when trying to answer or call the Treo sorts of freezes up for about a minute then tries to call or answer but loses all the audio also. It seems to work OK with a Jabra JX10 headset, and Motorola HS-820 stereo headphones. It seems to work OK for bluetooth DUN and syncing with my MacBook Pro. But there are clearly bugs here. I'm just amazed that every device from Palm, no matter what OS continues to have bluetooth problems. They really need to fire whoever is working on this because they keep messing up time after time.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    I use the parrot 3100 car kit and have the following problems. Every so often the treo 750v forgets to connect to the parrot. When connected it sometimes loses the audio. I installed the reset program just for this issue. it only syncs the speed dials but i think that is how Palm designed it.

otho I tried the e61 and the ipaq 6915 and will definitely stay with the treo.
    I have exactly the same problems. if I use my BT GPS and then get a call, I often cannot answer. or worse still the system freezes, or just won't allow me tol get to the today page. Other times my JX10 just will not answer. it all seems to be too much for the device. very dissappointing. in fact, I am so dissappointed about the fact that I can't use GPS and answer calls reliably that I'm back on my treo 650 using a wired headset!

I think WM5 isn't reliable or stable.
    actually I have to add that a couple of times when I have been using the BT GPS, a call came in which when I tried to answer the system TOTALLY FROZE, and even soft resets wouldn't clear it. the today page wouldn't load properly and got stuck. on 2 occassions I had to do a hard reset and reinstall software. I was phoness for hours. A disaster and to me unacceptavle for a device which is so critical to my day to day work.
    I've never had any Bluetooth problems with the Uconnect system in my Magnum R/T.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    I just drove from Portland OR to Kennewik WA using GPSGate (V2) and SLIM with Mapopolis... No problems at all. I sent several SMS and even took a call all while driving (shame shame) and the GPS ran fine in the background. In and out of the car for breaks, meals etc. I could turn on and off the 750v and it would always reconnect without an issue without having to reset or even restart a program. No idea why you guys are having trouble.

No special setting here. Just Slim connected to GPSGate outputting to Virtual COM 4. FYI, I did NOT pair the SLIM and Treo rather just let GPSGate do its thing.
    I think the issue is using TWO bluetooth devices ar the same time. I'm using BT GPS then get a call nd try to answer with BT headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy View Post
    I think the issue is using TWO bluetooth devices ar the same time. I'm using BT GPS then get a call nd try to answer with BT headset.
    That could very well be the problem. I'm using my Treo with Jabra JX10 in the office for eight hours on end an no issues what so ever. Colleague of mine has the same set up and also no problems.
    Treo 750v ---> Now Sold.
    I confirm there are issues with car kits. I have BT bundled in my Seat Altea; it worked with troubles with Treo 650 firm RAW release, then it worked perfectly with latest RAW update.

now, with Treo 750v, things are back again: the Treo succesfully connects the car BT, then it suddenly disconnects, and it reconnects after a while. this on\off continues until I feel bored and disable BT on Treo.

:-\
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
    No special setting here. Just Slim connected to GPSGate outputting to Virtual COM 4. FYI, I did NOT pair the SLIM and Treo rather just let GPSGate do its thing.
    Hmm, interesting, I might try this, I have it paired and GPSGate run in Wizard mode and it seems there's a known problem where it doesn't refind the GPS and attempts to 'Close' the incoming connection practically locks it up and you have to reset. Other solution is to use a bluetooth bonded com port, but appratenly I don't have any left!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by wally View Post
    I use the parrot 3100 car kit and have the following problems. Every so often the treo 750v forgets to connect to the parrot. When connected it sometimes loses the audio. I installed the reset program just for this issue. it only syncs the speed dials but i think that is how Palm designed it.
    Since the hard reset it seems to have stayed connected, but voice dialling is not working, no matter the setting it wants to use the phone and not the ck3100, no matter how often I disable Voice Command.
  13.    #13  
    Ok, overall update. Did a hard reset and things are better, not fixed, but a bit better.

The main problem with regards the phone being underpowered / delays in me pressing answer and actually taking the call are almost gone. The only difference I can think of is I did have the spb gprs tools and spb phone alarm installed. Also had the Wether panel installed, this and grs tools have Today panels, am wondering if it was this / a refresh problem.

Also, I did have an mp3 ring tone, could it be that the loading / playing of this on incoming call is too much, or maybe the straw that broke the camels back?

As to TomTom, this is definately working (assuming GPSGate keeps the connection). Did a compelte re-install with this, wiped the SD Card and everything. Will see how that pans out.

At the moment still not right, and not good enough really (I sent my early release 650 back for simialr problems), but I think probably tolerable for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by flish View Post
    Ok, overall update. Did a hard reset and things are better, not fixed, but a bit better.

The main problem with regards the phone being underpowered / delays in me pressing answer and actually taking the call are almost gone. The only difference I can think of is I did have the spb gprs tools and spb phone alarm installed. Also had the Wether panel installed, this and grs tools have Today panels, am wondering if it was this / a refresh problem.

Also, I did have an mp3 ring tone, could it be that the loading / playing of this on incoming call is too much, or maybe the straw that broke the camels back?

As to TomTom, this is definately working (assuming GPSGate keeps the connection). Did a compelte re-install with this, wiped the SD Card and everything. Will see how that pans out.

At the moment still not right, and not good enough really (I sent my early release 650 back for simialr problems), but I think probably tolerable for now.
    No way your issues have anything to do with processing power of the phone. My KJAM is a 195mhz OMAP (which I do auto-scale to 247 max) and I have no issues with BT, pairing both to a regular headset and a A2DP stereo headphone. I also pair to my Tom Tom GO 510 when in the car. As for software, I am running a bunch of things like iLauncher, PhoneAlarm, PocketBreeze, Contact Breeze, and WeatherPanel in addition to MS VC. The 750 even it it's base processing speed is faster than my OC'ed KJAM.

There's something else causing your issue. I just can't believe it has anything to do with the processing "oomph" of the Samsung 300mhz processor.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    There's something else causing your issue. I just can't believe it has anything to do with the processing "oomph" of the Samsung 300mhz processor.
    That's what I would be inclined to say, but that's what the end result looks like, it just reacts really slowly.

At the moment am inclined to think it's some piece of software doing something nasty instead, hence in minimal mode at the moment. Will see, dull day in the car on Wednesday, see how stressed I am with it when I get back!