1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I was wondering what some of you folks are getting for speeds on your 700wx via DUN. This (http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/) is what I am using to measure the speeds, and it would be nice if you folks did the same, for consistency's sake. I took the measurements for the computer side not the Treo side. I am also noticing that PDANet can only hold a connection for like 5-10 mins. Let me know how your experience has been so far with PDANet.

PDANet DUN via BT
    Signal 2 bars
    Downspeed 1) 145 2) 162 3) 127
    UpSpeed 1) 45 2) 14 3) 20

For an average of:
    U: 144.6
    D: 26.3
    I get 300-400 dl and like 80-100 up. I don't have any connection loss.

that's with full evdo signal.
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Here is my speeds via usb

U: 34
    D: 359
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post

Are you connecting via BT or USB? That is what I would expect via BT, not the numbers I am getting. I am going to have to try it in another low-k with more signal.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I would still love a confirmation that you don't get charged from Sprint while using PDANet w/o a PAM plan... Cuz if so I'm all over it...

6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Uneek View Post
    I would still love a confirmation that you don't get charged from Sprint while using PDANet w/o a PAM plan... Cuz if so I'm all over it...
    If I can get some decent speeds out of BT DUN I wil confirm it for you. Although, I am sure someone here could probably let you know sooner.
    Ive tried once and not gotten any data charges. My download speed was around 250 from 700WX to Dell Axim X50v.
    I have tethered to my laptop using both PdaNet USB and BT mode with my 700WX. The average speed was vary as one expected as there were many variables and obviously it was primarily depending on the internet traffics at and your device distance from the EVDO server.

For me using PdaNet USB connection, I got download as high as mid-500kbps but also as low as 140kbps during different day/time sampling from the same location. I also noticed the changes of server IPs make a difference on the speed even though the device was placed at/transmitting from the same location. PdaNet Bluetooth connection speed average at or close to EDGE speed from my experience.

Does it sound about the same from other users here? Oh...btw, I have Sprint Power Vision plan only and have not gotten extra charge using PdaNet. Of course I use PdaNet sparely as needed, and I do not stream audio/video with it!
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post

Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Are you connecting via BT or USB? That is what I would expect via BT, not the numbers I am getting. I am going to have to try it in another low-k with more signal.
    these are my speeds with usb.

i didn't see you were asking for bt speeds, sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Uneek View Post
    no charges here and i have recieved bills since i started using.
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Just wanted to give you folks an update. Ditched the 700Wx and went back to the 700P. Boy, am I glad I did. Check these speeds out.

BT DUN
    same spot: my couch
    2 bars

D: 430
    U: 39
    Wow! My speeds with full bars, EvDO are:

D: 673
    U: 76
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djbrettb View Post
    Wow! My speeds with full bars, EvDO are:

D: 673
    U: 76
    Is this Bluetooth or USB?
    Isn't Bluetooth restricted to 115kbps, that's what it says on my IBM T42 Thinkpad.
    Sprint PCS ****
    Treo 700wx
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    using the USB cable, and pdanet trial, on a 700wx, I am getting 750 kps, down and 120kps up.

this is in Redwood City, CA.

tested at speakeasy and dslreports.