1.    #1  
    Does anyone know what value Phone Alarm is pulling its signal value from? I thought it was from the RSSI value, but its not on my 700wx.

For example, I just dialed the ##DEBUG# on my 700wx and got a 91 for my RX, but PA showed 50. However, my Rcve Sig Strength for EVDO shows around 50 under the Debug screen. It appears to be pulling its value from that.

EDIT: Per Penguin at the PA support forum, "On WM 5.0 there is a smoothed signal value saved to the registry under HKLM\System\State\Phone"

When I browse there, I see:

\HKLM\System\State\Phone\Signal Strength
    \HKLM\System\State\Phone\Signal Strength Raw

After some testing, I can see PA is using the "Signal Strength Raw" value. However, I cannot see any value under the ##DEBUG# screen that directly correlates to that value.

After a little more digging (google) I found that this value is a percentage of the full strength signal. Therefore, its a value between 0 and 100 with 100 being the best signal.
    Last edited by stroths; 11/17/2006 at 06:53 AM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I saw I difference with voice command and phonealarm as well.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Doesn't PA show a percentage??? I think my skin on PA shows %
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    Doesn't PA show a percentage??? %
    yes pa shows percentage. the question is where does pa get is info from to display percentage. the first guys compaired it to what info he got from ##debug# which should be the most accurate. I compaired voicecommand and phone alarm and also got two different readings.

I guess the question is two... where does pa and voicecommand get there info?
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Uhmm I thought the OP was maybe referring to the db reading under DEBUG which would be a different number than the %
  6.    #6  
    My PA skin shows an actual numerical value which generally ranges from 50-100. I know on CDMA networks, the lower numbers are better for the RSSI.

Here is a screenshot which shows 46 for the value.
    why not just ask Bruce directly and why he chose that way of the other?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    why not just ask Bruce directly and why he chose that way of the other?
    I will probably end up doing that. I hoped that someone with a 700w/wx might know, but it looks like everyone is as stumped as me on this one.
  9.    #9  
    Per Penguin at the PA support forum, "On WM 5.0 there is a smoothed signal value saved to the registry under HKLM\System\State\Phone"

When I browse there, I see:

\HKLM\System\State\Phone\Signal Strength
    \HKLM\System\State\Phone\Signal Strength Raw

After some testing, I can see PA is using the "Signal Strength Raw" value. However, I cannot see any value under the ##DEBUG# screen that directly correlates to that value.

EDIT: After a little more digging (google) I found that this value is a percentage of the full strength signal. Therefore, its a value between 0 and 100 with 100 being the best signal.

Does anyone know how WM5 calculates this value? I will see what I can find out as well.
    Last edited by stroths; 11/17/2006 at 06:53 AM.