1.    #1  
    Using the 750 as a modem to connect to the Net via Bluetooth or cable is diffcult using the Palm knowledge base. Having downloaded the PalmUSBmdm driver it failed to connect. Alternatively I picked this extra initialization string from a Blackberry Forum and it works like a charm - no commercial software needed to connect.

Try it and let me know how it goes. Modem--> Properties--> Advanced and then add +cgdcont=1,"IP","APN".
    APN is the access point name or network. Eg. cingular.com
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Don't get you here - as long as you have ActiveSync running and a cable attached, can't you just lauch the Internet Sharing applet on the Treo 750v?

I don't have this Treo, but the Dash's SmartPhone edition of WM5 has this applet built in. It worked (via usb cable anyway) flawlessly (right up until the time I returned the Dash opting to wait for the 750 instead) :-)
  3.    #3  
    I had problems connecting to the Net via ActiveSync and had earlier used PDANet to connect. Now I select the 750 as a Standard Bluetooth modem in the control panel and use the above extra string to connect without Activesync.
    im curious to see how this phone would pair up and DUN on a mac
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    It works fine with bluetooth just like a Treo 700p or 680. I don't think there is any USB driver for it at the moment.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    It works fine with bluetooth just like a Treo 700p or 680. I don't think there is any USB driver for it at the moment.
    Very interesting. Did it work on a PC or a Mac? (I couldn't tell from your post).
    Mac. Just use the bluetooth assistant during pairing and it will find the dun connection. Use the Windows 460k script from here: http://www.taniwha.org.uk/files/Wind...GSM2006-10.zip

Dialing number is *99#. Works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by tcc View Post
    Very interesting. Did it work on a PC or a Mac? (I couldn't tell from your post).
    Any speed differences of USB vs. BT, or is it not possible to tether via USB right now?
    Off to iPhone land...
    For UMTS it doesn't matter. The bluetooth can keep up at the maximum bluetooth rate. However once we get HSDPA, USB will be much faster since bluetooth tops out around 350kbit/sec while HSDPA can routinely get 900kbit/sec.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    For UMTS it doesn't matter. The bluetooth can keep up at the maximum bluetooth rate. However once we get HSDPA, USB will be much faster since bluetooth tops out around 350kbit/sec while HSDPA can routinely get 900kbit/sec.
    Interesting and good to know. My laptop doesn't have bluetooth and I'm getting 650 kbps via USB in San Francisco using a tethered blackjack.

Perhaps the biggest thing I'm going to miss about the blackjack beyond the size/weight is the fact it charges while attached via USB. Very disappointing that Palm didn't incorporate this into the 750.
    Last edited by ghileman; 12/26/2006 at 08:56 PM.
    Off to iPhone land...