Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46
  1.    #1  
    Last edited by Pattycerts; 11/15/2006 at 11:10 PM.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    damn it littlepat, *I* was going to post it this! you beat me

    who's gonna try it and report back?

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3.    #3  
    Don't download yet, issues...
  4.    #4  
    Ok, so I buy/download the app, which is UPGRADE ONLY, and I get an error saying the program MUST be installed on the PC and NOT the device. I will try connecting the treo and see if I get the error. I may have wasted 40 bucks
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    damn it littlepat, *I* was going to post it this! you beat me

    who's gonna try it and report back?
    HAHA then I beat you to the geeks too! Man I'm good!
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    HAHA then I beat you to the geeks too! Man I'm good!
    I'll allow you the glory even at geeks....this time.

    So this might not be the "full" release, just the upgrade if you pre-installed it. We might be in a pinch for awhile since we have it in our rom...gotcha.

    keep us posted and I'm sure Handango will give you a refund if that is the case.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  7.    #7  
    corrected link above, sorry.

    The Full version is also available, in the first post, and I am downloading now. Handango automatically changed it for me when I tried to purchase. I will report my findings in 3 minutes...
    Last edited by Pattycerts; 11/15/2006 at 11:15 PM.
  8.    #8  
    OK, first screenshots....





    Note version on right side. Now onto bluetooth testing....(drumroll please)
  9.    #9  
    OK, in my short, short tests I have found a few things, not so much good however.

    --Press and hold the multi-function button on bluetooth headset: Initiates VC....GOOD!

    --You cannot use bluetooth devices' microphone or ear speaker. It still uses the phones' mic and speaker. I messed with the settings a little also, nothing.

    --VC now anounces messages. A plus, not a BIG deal for me.

    In conclusion, if you use a BT earpiece in the car, and the phone is very close to you, it will be awesome. You can call anyone in your contacts without touching the phone. BUT, the phone needs to be near you so you can talk into the mic and listen to the confirmation questions. Voice recognition is good, it hasn't screwed up yet. I've tried 8-10 times.
  10. #10  
    well...baby steps.

    how is the announcement of emails? e.g. is "you have a new email" or is it "you have a new email from...X" with an automatic contact lookup kind of thing?

    I assume the latter but to be honest, I have little experience with VC (something odd about talking to a device)

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  11. mjnoles1's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    #11  
    Ok, I am confused.

    Can you use voice command to call someone in your contacts by JUST using your bluetooth headset and keeping the cell phone on my belt clip and never having to actually touch my cell phone? Can I press my bluetooth headset and say call home and it will call OR do I still need to speak into my actual cell phone?
  12. #12  
    Sounds like the answer is no to your first question. This is not any better in that regards than the last version. I was able to initiate VC from bluetooth before using jetware's handsfree extension.
  13. #13  
    darn it.
  14. #14  
    Once again I must remind everyone that the Bluetooth Limitations are HARDWARE on the Treo 700.....Now on a 750....
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdar View Post
    Once again I must remind everyone that the Bluetooth Limitations are HARDWARE on the Treo 700.....Now on a 750....
    Exactly.

    For a 700wx this program is NOWHERE NEAR worth the price of admission. I do not recommend it to any of you. For most other phones this program will be great. Oh well.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjnoles1 View Post
    Ok, I am confused.

    Can you use voice command to call someone in your contacts by JUST using your bluetooth headset and keeping the cell phone on my belt clip and never having to actually touch my cell phone? Can I press my bluetooth headset and say call home and it will call OR do I still need to speak into my actual cell phone?
    You need to speak into the phone. Worthless
  17. #17  
    so, can any of the 750 files make this work for the w/wx?

    is this a hardware problem or a software? I would think that if it was a bluetooth stack issue that it is software. this would mean that the stack could could be rewriting or possibly changed with a rom update.

    man, someone please give some optimistic view to ever getting this figured out. this was something I was really hoping could make this work.

    cody
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    so, can any of the 750 files make this work for the w/wx?

    is this a hardware problem or a software? I would think that if it was a bluetooth stack issue that it is software. this would mean that the stack could could be rewriting or possibly changed with a rom update.

    man, someone please give some optimistic view to ever getting this figured out. this was something I was really hoping could make this work.

    cody
    I smell a guinea pig!

    It seems the problem is in the BT stack. Whether that is hardware or software I have no idea. Before you go spend 40 bucks, try this: Find some of the free BT solutions out there, the BT dialer and bttoggle, and see if they will work with your 750 dll's. If not, then don't waste your time with it
  19. dimitri's Avatar
    Posts
    881 Posts
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    #19  
    You know what? I really don't care about stero bluetooth. All I want is to be able to use my bluetooth to use VC. How hard is it for a company to give us that. Even the cheap phones have that. And we don't? Yet we paid the big bucks and this is what we have to deal with.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    You know what? I really don't care about stero bluetooth. All I want is to be able to use my bluetooth to use VC. How hard is it for a company to give us that. Even the cheap phones have that. And we don't? Yet we paid the big bucks and this is what we have to deal with.
    Wanna feel better? The Treo is the ONLY windows Mobile phone that cannot do this. Sit on that fact for a minute....

    Palm, can you hear me?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions