Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    I smell a guinea pig!
    i'm not scared. i have eveything i need backup and can allways do a hard reset. just give me the files and tell me where to put them.

maybe we should bring benjimatt in on this. he is the one who has been tring to get a2dp on the wx/w for a while.

just let me know, cody
    Last edited by codyppc; 11/16/2006 at 02:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Don't say that to Palm. All you'll get back is "You need to talk to Verizon. We don't provide support for this."

Makes me want to scream.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    Don't say that to Palm. All you'll get back is "You need to talk to Verizon. We don't provide support for this."

Makes me want to scream.
    haha the wx doesn't either. Its because of their sh*tty BT stack they put in here. Not sure if that can be addressed via firmware or not.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    haha the wx doesn't either. Its because of their sh*tty BT stack they put in here. Not sure if that can be addressed via firmware or not.
    When will we get another update so that we can use our BUSINESS PHONE FOR REAL BUSINESS.
    I'm not happy at all that this doesn't work through my headset! Lucky for me, I bought VC years ago so the upgrade only cost me $10.00.

I did notice after installing it that the bluetooth icon on the today screen doesn't turn to a headset anymore. It's really not a big deal, but I just thought it was strange.
    PDA history - Psion 5/Sharp Mobilon/Jornada 540/ipaq 3835/ipaq 3935/ipaq 5550/ipaq 4700/PPC-6700/Treo 700wx
    $40 is for the upgrade? So I spent $40 to buy this and now they want another $40 for the upgrade???
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    $40 is for the upgrade? So I spent $40 to buy this and now they want another $40 for the upgrade???
    The upgrade is 10 bucks, but in order to qualify you have to have 1.5 ON YOUR PC. It checks before you even connect your phone.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    So what about those of us that have it on our phones?
  9.    #29  
    For those of US (myself included), that had 1.5 pre-installed on their phones DO NOT qualify. Thats all 700w/wx's. Mine cost 40 bucks, but I am going to use it on a different device that it will actually WORK on...

Like I stated before,for THIS DEVICE it is NOT worth it to buy it. It only adds a few minute features.
    once agian... screwed.

you should be use to it by now
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    once agian... screwed.

you should be use to it by now
    Yeah but they could start using a little KY jelly. My a$$ is getting red from taking it so much.

And what's up with the review on Treocentral's homepage saying that v1.6 "The upgrade is $39.99 and appears to add support for both speaking and hearing voice commands through a bluetooth headset."

When we all know that you can't speak a command into the bluetooth headset.
    I smell a guinea pig!

It seems the problem is in the BT stack. Whether that is hardware or software I have no idea. Before you go spend 40 bucks, try this: Find some of the free BT solutions out there, the BT dialer and bttoggle, and see if they will work with your 750 dll's. If not, then don't waste your time with it
    Could this problem be caused by the fact that all BT headsets on 700w/wx are profiled as "Hands Free" instead of "Headset"? If so, who's at fault?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaflyer View Post
    Could this problem be caused by the fact that all BT headsets on 700w/wx are profiled as "Hands Free" instead of "Headset"? If so, who's at fault?

Palms fault.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Yeah but they could start using a little KY jelly. My a$$ is getting red from taking it so much.

And what's up with the review on Treocentral's homepage saying that v1.6 "The upgrade is $39.99 and appears to add support for both speaking and hearing voice commands through a bluetooth headset."

When we all know that you can't speak a command into the bluetooth headset.
    Well, first of all it's not a review, it's a news piece.

2nd - I'm just finding out that it's not working with the wx. Will update the story as I figure out more. So far, though, I can't even get notifications to go to the bt headset - despite it seeming to want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
    I did notice after installing it that the bluetooth icon on the today screen doesn't turn to a headset anymore. It's really not a big deal, but I just thought it was strange.
    OK...I don't usually quote myself, but now this is bugging me. Because of the problems the wx has with dropping the bluetooth connection I was actually getting used to looking up and seeing the light blue icon letting me know my headset was paired. Since I installed the new Voice Command the icon just shows dark blue all the time so I don't know if I'm paired or not. It won't turn light when the phone is paired and it won't turn into a headset when the call is connected. Has anyone else noticed this?
    PDA history - Psion 5/Sharp Mobilon/Jornada 540/ipaq 3835/ipaq 3935/ipaq 5550/ipaq 4700/PPC-6700/Treo 700wx
    Wish I'd have found this thread before dropping my $40 today.

Pretty much just confirming what others have said.
    You can "activate" the Voice Commande system from a BT headset, but still uses the Treo's microphone and speaker for the use of VC.

Can get announcements over the BT.

The BT icon never indicated it has link, or an open connection, just the blue icon. Makes it tough if you have a device that drops in and out from time to time.

On my device the unistall software for VC1.6 left me with a broken 1.5 - couldn't do anything with it. Had the choice of re-install 1.6 to hard reset to go back to factory settings and a clean 1.5
    Hi! My very first post!

1. I had previously installed VC 1.5 onto my desktop andTreo 700w.
    2. I purchased the upgrade of VC 1.6 from Handango for US$9.95.
    3. I removed VC 1.5 from my Treo 700w.
    4. I did a normal install of VC 1.6 to my Treo 700w using ActiveSync.
    The install checked to see if VC 1.5 was on the desktop, but not the Treo 700w.
    5. Finally, the installation was complete onto the Treo 700w.

VC 1.6 works well.. but as specified earlier, it does not use the my BT headset to say the commands.. it uses the Treo 700w mic & speaker.

HO HUM!

Regards,
    ramboy
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    What a jip
    Ok I just got "Microsoft Voice Command 1.6 - Pocket PC US Version" for my Treo 700wx and let me tell you it is sweet!!! So ha $print I do not have to pay your $5 dollars a month for voice commands. I am sure they will figure out a way to charge you for this like the text messaging that use to be free. It installed smoothly for me and work great. I just have to find a list of all voice commands I can use. I would reccommend it as a good purchase. Reason I got it is I have my arm in a cast and hard to dial or click buttons when driving. People do not like the knee driving and the swerving for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtgo3 View Post
    Ok I just got "Microsoft Voice Command 1.6 - Pocket PC US Version" for my Treo 700wx and let me tell you it is sweet!!! So ha $print I do not have to pay your $5 dollars a month for voice commands. I am sure they will figure out a way to charge you for this like the text messaging that use to be free. It installed smoothly for me and work great. I just have to find a list of all voice commands I can use. I would reccommend it as a good purchase. Reason I got it is I have my arm in a cast and hard to dial or click buttons when driving. People do not like the knee driving and the swerving for some reason.
    Yeah, but here's the kicker...

You DO know that your phone already came with MS VoiceCommand 1.5 built in, right?

And that the "newer" features in 1.6 really aren't that huge for our phones?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast