Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    it has worked flawlessly on my 8525.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Why are you planning to move to the 8525? Are you having issues with the 750?
    Not really. I actually like it a lot. I guess I was just looking to try the 8525. These posts are helpful to see other experiences. I guess I am still on the fence to actually pull the trigger and test drive the 8525 to see for myself if I like the form factor, etc.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT View Post
    it has worked flawlessly on my 8525.
    Good to hear. Where are you on your experiences with both devices?
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Just picked up the 8525. Installing all the goods. 30 days and counting. I will see how the 8525 works for me over that time. Installed BB connect as well.
    Brian McGuire
    Not at all familiar with BB Connect. Is the idea that you have a BB server at work that you can connect to? Is it useless if you don't?
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT View Post
    Not at all familiar with BB Connect. Is the idea that you have a BB server at work that you can connect to? Is it useless if you don't?
    My company supports Blackberry and Lotus Notes. Not a good combo for Windows Mobile. BB Connect allow me to manage everything on a WM5 device. Which basically bridges the gap. Can you PM me the CAB file for the threaded sms app. I can't find the download on the forum. All the links I have tried are broken links.
    Brian McGuire
    I tried BB connect on a 750v and couldn't get it working well at all. My company supports both BB and Goodlink. The Goodlink has its own set of problems but is better. If I was stuck with BB, I'd get a BB device and just live with two devices. The BB 8700 and Pearl are both decent devices (but not 3G).
    Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    I tried BB connect on a 750v and couldn't get it working well at all. My company supports both BB and Goodlink. The Goodlink has its own set of problems but is better. If I was stuck with BB, I'd get a BB device and just live with two devices. The BB 8700 and Pearl are both decent devices (but not 3G).
    Unfortunately, BB Connect only works on a GPRS/EDGE connection and not UMTS, etc. I had to force my 750v to use GSM rather then Auto/UMTS. I really don't understand why. It might have something todo with a always-connected connection and since GPRS is a low power drain connection, BB Connect likes it better. I believe UMTS does not stay connected in the background to avoid battery drain, etc.
    Brian McGuire
    I PM'd you but don't know how to PM a file...

Here is the link you need:

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/palm-threade...mms-t1244.html
    This is indeed an interesting discussion. I had to send my TyTN for repair as it stopped receiving a signal (probably due to a lot of travel and swapping of SIM cards. Not sure if this is a weakness due to the TyTN or just my phone).

So... I opted to check out the 750v in the mean time. I certainly agree with this:

- Screen on TyTN is terrible in daylight.
    - The slider slides out when you do not want it to
    - The orientation of the screen and layout of the keyboard definitely makes it harde to get used to, and slower to type on

The drawbacks of the 750v:
    - Definitely seems slower on 3G than the TyTN
    - No built in Wifi
    - No camera facing the caller on 3G calls
    - Small screen
    - Camera not very good compared to TyTN (who does 1mp anymore.. really?)
    - Seems to use battery quicker (although this can be do to my data connection seemingly always on -- strange, after it has checked email, it should shut the connection)

With regards to WiFi, the Spectec card works great, and I usually only use WiFi at home for Skype calls, so that is not a big deal. Also, since nobody uses video calling at the moment, the missing camera is not a big deal... yet.

The 750v definitely feels much better in the hand than the TyTN as well. While typing it seems like I have almost decided, but I am actually not sure. I love the speed of the TyTN, but there is a fix on the 750v for HSDPA, so if you have access to it, it may not matter.

Still a tough choice....
    Believe it or not, but I'm looking at the TyTN again. Although I'm still uncertain if I can get used to the Sidekick-like typing. It's the screen size and wifi along with 3G that's making me look again. So far I like the 750 though!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123