1.    #1  
    I'm getting closer and closer to can Sprint as I have the capability to cancel without paying the ETF because of their network and this damn phone. I love this phone because of it's size and "potential" and the fact I have GPS for it (iGuidance). But for some reason it takes my phone a good 30 seconds or sometimes more to get a dial tone; Sometimes it doesn't even ring at all. Anybody experience this? Not only can I not text message to my friends and family (all are on Verizon) but I can't even make a d@mn phone call.
    sometimes mine takes up to 10 but never 30. wow. what kind of signal do you get?
  3.    #3  
    1 - 2 bars in my house.
    I get that much of a delay very rarely. However, I got this sometimes when I was with Cingular previously.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Do you mean that when you dial nothing happens for 30 seconds? I have a similar, if not the same problem... I am on my 3rd 700W and every now and then when I make a call, it says it is dialing or connecting but there is no timer saying it is connected... I finally give up and try again. The person I call asks if I just called them because they just received a call where there was silence on the other end... Anybody have this problem as well?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by briguy73 View Post
    Do you mean that when you dial nothing happens for 30 seconds? I have a similar, if not the same problem... I am on my 3rd 700W and every now and then when I make a call, it says it is dialing or connecting but there is no timer saying it is connected... I finally give up and try again. The person I call asks if I just called them because they just received a call where there was silence on the other end... Anybody have this problem as well?
    Sounds like more or less the same problem. I'll punch in a number, push dial and nothing happens just some odd faint noises through the ear piece; sounds like it's trying to connect. But in my case, when I push dial it says "Dialing" and the counter is going.
    Same here with a VZW 700W. I was thinking it was a weak network connection, but it may be a 'feature'.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I assume you are all using Push email? If so, I think this has to do with stopping the "link" your phone has with your Exch server. At least, this is only what seems to make sense. When I had the 6700 it would just drop the first attempt while trying to stop the data connection, I am OK with the 10-15s wait for a call to go through but I do find my self constantly looking at it as there doesn't seem to be "call failed" tones.

Now if you DO NOT use Push email, then I have no clue
  9.    #9  
    I don't use push email, just POP3 every 15 minutes.
    OMG! This is the ONE thing that I absolutely hate about my (700w) phone! It happens to me at least once a day. I would love to get to the bottom of this issue.
    Every so often (three days on avg) the same thing happens to me.
    After I soft reset it doesn't happen for a few days.
    Last edited by adhood; 11/17/2006 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Staying on Topic
    adhood, stay on topic man! there' a huge thread on the txt issue w/ your answer.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter