Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Anyone? This is very annoying... I have people constantly asking me "what are you doing!?" because they can hear every single move I make very clearly on their end. I tested this by calling my phone from a landline phone and every time I would BARELY move the phone or my fingers around the phone it was clear as a bell on the other end, that is way too sensitive and I can see how this would be very annoying. I can't believe there aren't a LOT more complaints about this unless the users in this thread just have defective phones.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I have only had my 700wx a couple of days and I've had two people ask about the ambient noise. This is annoying and I might return the phone!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stteve View Post
    I have only had my 700wx a couple of days and I've had two people ask about the ambient noise. This is annoying and I might return the phone!
    Sorry for replying to my own post.

One question for those more familiar with the process... what are the chances palm would/could post a fix/patch for this problem?
    Not sure, but I've emailed Sprint about and I'm awaiting their reply.
    700wx, same problem
    Same here. I helped my girlfriend buy a 700wx and am very disappointed in the noise factor I hear while she's not in very noisy places at all. Darn, I was going to get one too, but now I think I'll stay with the 650. Please post if anyone hears of any patch for this.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    this has been a problem since the treo 650....not sure we will ever see a fix.
  8. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I have the opposite problem. I like to have my mic set all the way up with VC, and find that my 650 does a fine job of downregulating it automatically when there is a great deal of background noise. The 700wx it sounds a lot more distant and muffled than the 650/VC.
    I have the same problem as all of you.
    The mic is really sensitive.

My solution is using my bluetooth headset that has noise cancelling on it.
    Sprint just responded by saying that they aren't aware of any problems and suggested a hard reset or having it checked at a service center. I think more of you should email sprint about this... maybe then they'll see it as a real problem.
    Great mic f,sure.To bad it,s running in speaker mode all the time with no profile change.ahalvor pretty much spelled it out.
    (this has been a problem since the treo 650....not sure we will ever see a fix)

Leading me to a simple conclusion that palm has no fix in the works.There to busy putting together those nice shinny 680 and 750v,s to worry about the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by manstretch View Post
    Sprint just responded by saying that they aren't aware of any problems and suggested a hard reset or having it checked at a service center. I think more of you should email sprint about this... maybe then they'll see it as a real problem.
    Can someone provide the Sprint email address to complain to, if they have it?
    Login to your sprint account online and click "Contact Us"
    I exp this same problem with my 700wx. As a result, I use my Plantronics bluetooth earpiece almost constantly, but I do have a work around.

I have tried this and it works, but it sucks we should have to resort to such a cheap work-around to fix a common problem.

A very temporary fix is to take a small piece of electrical tape and cover the mic opening on the phone. This will filter out almost all of the ambient noise, but the person you're talking to will still hear you loud and clear.

A longer-lasting fix is to find some kind of putty or paste to clog the mic holes with.

To test this theory yourself, take your fingertip and cover the mic opening while talking to someone. Turn on the TV or radio and ask them if they can tell a difference. I'll bet the person on the other end will confirm what I have written.

I know many of you will frown at the thought of taking such drastic measures and you will probably not want to do it if you use speakerphone a lot, but it does work.
    I sent Sprint an email from my PCS account "contact us" link, and included a link to this thread. I hope others do the same, and hopefully they will include a fix in the next patch. Thanks, billyman for your work-around. I'll give it a try on my gfriend's phone.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    i have the 700w and noticed that the mic sensitivity was too high, it picked up a lot of background noise. =\
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12