Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Have you tried any other forums for help? I know the i730 forum at pdaphonehome has some of the more expert-like support there, perhaps you will search and find someone who figured your situation out. I do hear most of the time that it is a firewall issue. You said you checked it, but you need to check all types--windows firewall, norton internet security, AOL port magic, Zonealarm, etc. I know ZoneAlarm is a PITA with this stuff.

Try this also, some reported success with this...

http://blogs.conchango.com/kenibarwi...3/22/3144.aspx

Also after you disable firewalls disconnect your Internet cable/connection, just to be safe.

Also, if you use Wireless Sync, that is probably your problem (although I believe you are a Sprint user, I'm just throwing it out there)
    Last edited by Pattycerts; 11/15/2006 at 04:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Didn't I hear this earlier? Thanks for advice. BTW, I am still trying to get the darn to sync.
    Did you try installing the certificates on your device. You need those in order to Sync with exchange (in case that is what you are trying to do).
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Have you tried any other forums for help? I know the i730 forum at pdaphonehome has some of the more expert-like support there, perhaps you will search and find someone who figured your situation out. I do hear most of the time that it is a firewall issue. You said you checked it, but you need to check all types--windows firewall, norton internet security, AOL port magic, Zonealarm, etc. I know ZoneAlarm is a PITA with this stuff.

Try this also, some reported success with this...

http://blogs.conchango.com/kenibarwi...3/22/3144.aspx

Also after you disable firewalls disconnect your Internet cable/connection, just to be safe.

Also, if you use Wireless Sync, that is probably your problem (although I believe you are a Sprint user, I'm just throwing it out there)
    Thanks for suggestion to try out another forum. I have been a Palm user for quite sometime now and, well I just did not think of it.

Yeah I disabled Windows firewall, disabled then uninstalled AV software, ran ScanPST.exe, ran Detect and Repair, Unistalled ActiveSync and reinstalled ActiveSync, Deleted partnership and repartnered, Hard reset, reboot computer each time. Then I noticed something, when I run Sync while Outlook is closed it will work sometimes, more times than not.

Holy crap I might have it! I have got it to the point where it is syncing only with Outlook open. Is this normal behavior?
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by al3azim View Post
    Did you try installing the certificates on your device. You need those in order to Sync with exchange (in case that is what you are trying to do).
    Unfortunatley, I am only syncing with Outlook. But thanks for the suggestion.
    Thanks for suggestion to try out another forum. I have been a Palm user for quite sometime now and, well I just did not think of it.

Yeah I disabled Windows firewall, disabled then uninstalled AV software, ran ScanPST.exe, ran Detect and Repair, Unistalled ActiveSync and reinstalled ActiveSync, Deleted partnership and repartnered, Hard reset, reboot computer each time. Then I noticed something, when I run Sync while Outlook is closed it will work sometimes, more times than not.

Holy crap I might have it! I have got it to the point where it is syncing only with Outlook open. Is this normal behavior?
    Sometimes you will run into problems if you try to sync ith outlook before "setting up" outlook. I have yet to hear about an activesync problem, it happened to me using "motorola phone tools" to sync my Razr contacts with outlook a while back. I hadn't created a profile in outlook yet
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Now that I think I have the sync issue somewhat solved, I can get on with tinkering.

Sorry for my rant above, it is just that ActiveSync was being a real PIA to setup, and with it being the first step in getting it setup to play with, and all. Well, it clouded my opinion and now I have to wipe my first opinion clean. We will see where to go from here.
    Last edited by NRG; 11/15/2006 at 06:11 PM.
    Now that I think I have the sync issue somewhat solved, I can get on with tinkering.

Sorry for my rant above, it is just that ActiveSync was being a real PIA to setup, and with it being the first step in getting to setup to play with your new device and all. Well, it clouded my opinion and now I have to wipe my first opinion clean. We will see where to go from here.
    Good, but you still shouldn't have to leave outlook open to sync. Is that still the case?
    NRG, ActiveSync blows!!! I do not use it at all on my pc, I sync as guest just so I can install apps on my 700wx that I can't install them with using my Mac. I sync with The Missing Sync with my iMac, does not use active sync, and from what I've read even on ppcthoughts, they preferred it over active sync. Of course this can only be used with a Mac, but I'm glad you got your active sync problem fixed, you're not alone with it. From the first Pocket PC devices active sync has always been crappy at best.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Jimmie,
    Its interesting you say that, because I've heard that for the last 6 or 7 years now, yet havent had any problem with AS and I go back to The Cassiopeia E-105 days.

Not that I am discounting what you say mind you
    I go back to the ipaq 3650 days and have had the same problems with my 3850, 2215, 4150, ppc 6700, and 700wx. Maybe you're just lucky
    Jimmie Geddes
    Stick with the 700wx. There is no finer PDA on the market. You just need to understand that the Palm OS is for kids and the WM5 is for grown ups. Tons of apps for closing programs, just search and you will find.

As far as multitasking, this ONE feature is what seperates the two OS's. Imagine, surfing the internet, downlaoding an email, reading the email, going back to the internet and your page is still there? Its a beautiful thing.
    Yeah, multitasking clinched it for me. I was never a fan of Windows Mobile, but the 700wx is the best smartphone on the market, especially for existing Treo users. You can finally do so much more. It takes some time getting used to, and there are tons of apps, and tweaks to make it close to perfect. Don't ditch it just yet.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I have a solution that's 100% effective:

Just reinstall Windows.

*ducks and runs for cover*

Seriously, it may just solve your problem.
  14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Good, but you still shouldn't have to leave outlook open to sync. Is that still the case?
    No, I think I exercised that demon.

I did it by uninstalling ActiveSync, then deleting C:\Program Files\Microsoft Activesync directory, then deleting the partnership on the Treo, restart computer, soft reset Treo, reinstall Activesync, went through the whole first sync motions. Then after that it has been all gravy.

This cleared up the error code 0x85010017 and allowed me to sync whether Outlook was opened or closed.

So now I think it is off to find replacement software for my old Palm proggies.
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    NRG, ActiveSync blows!!! I do not use it at all on my pc, I sync as guest just so I can install apps on my 700wx that I can't install them with using my Mac. I sync with The Missing Sync with my iMac, does not use active sync, and from what I've read even on ppcthoughts, they preferred it over active sync. Of course this can only be used with a Mac, but I'm glad you got your active sync problem fixed, you're not alone with it. From the first Pocket PC devices active sync has always been crappy at best.
    I had a thread titled that earlier "Activesync Blows!!" LOL.

Well anyways, if I had, had an option such as Missing Sync I would have jumped immediately. Well I guess I am happy there was not such an option, since it probably saved me some money, but it cost me quite a few hairs.
  16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    Stick with the 700wx. There is no finer PDA on the market. You just need to understand that the Palm OS is for kids and the WM5 is for grown ups. Tons of apps for closing programs, just search and you will find.

As far as multitasking, this ONE feature is what seperates the two OS's. Imagine, surfing the internet, downlaoding an email, reading the email, going back to the internet and your page is still there? Its a beautiful thing.
    Thanks for the words of support. Those other b*tches of mine, I am sure I can fix. I was just activesync is the foundation and it was being a PITA. It is fixed now, I think so.
  17. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    I have a solution that's 100% effective:

Just reinstall Windows.

*ducks and runs for cover*

Seriously, it may just solve your problem.
    My path was quickly careening towards that ditch.
    you can use styletap to use your palm apps on your 700wx, I use it.
    Jimmie Geddes
  19. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    you can use styletap to use your palm apps on your 700wx, I use it.
    I saw that, but would it work for something like SplashMoney?
    I saw that, but would it work for something like SplashMoney?
    I don't use Splash money, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Every app I've installed has worked, even the new Universe web browser works fine.
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast