1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Just got a 700WX for the 14 day trial. I have had nothing but absolute issues with Activesync since it has been installed. I will get a clean sync one time, then I will get "Server is Busy" errors (85010017). It will not sync my email except as copies in a list that I can not assign accounts to specific folders. It corrupts my email in Outlook on my PC. Activesync crashes at random, then takes Outlook with it. I also get a few other errors which crop up randomly. It goes to sync every time I attach it, and THERE IS NO WAY TO off that "feature". I am using AS 4.5. Why MS would not just follow the path of "Hotsync" is beyond me. Is there any other programs for the 700WX with HotSync like functioning?

If I cannot resolve these issues, it will be going back.

edit: Also the syncing process in general is SLOW
    Last edited by NRG; 11/15/2006 at 08:52 AM.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Ok here is what I have done to try to get this working. In no particular order.

1) Detect an Repair Outlook
    2) Connected via USB
    3) Installed AS 4.5
    4) Deleted Partnership and remade partnership
    5) Reinstalled AS 4.5
    6) Check firewall
    7) Disabled Anti-Virus software
    8) Followed the 11 point instructions on TC

I am sure there are other measures I have tried to no avail. It really should not be this difficult.
    Well now that Jeff's gone, your activesync should work....
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfmcdowell357 View Post
    Well now that Jeff's gone, your activesync should work....
    Nope, I started with this yesterday. Jeff leaving does make happy though.
    If you're looking for an alternative, try an exchange server. I use 4smartphones to sync my calendar, contacts, and emails via the exchange. Then I install .cab files via the sd card instead of installing programs via activesync. I hardly ever activesync my phone.