Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    One quick question - do stereo bluetooth headphones work if I were to stream TV/videos using ORB?
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    I'm going to experiment at work today to see how it does on only UMTS. Normally it's jumping all inside the building. I have noticed in one area when it always goes to GSM, it was still holding a weak UMTS signal.
    It will be Interesting to hear your results.
    Just call me Berd.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Well, I will tell you that my CU500 was jumping all over the place when it was placed in dual mode. But once I set it to 3G only, it worked great. Even with 0-1 bars of 3G reception, I was still able to stream ORB.
    Yea, I read a review of the 8525, where they said they only had 1 UMTS bar, and they said the calls were still clear.
    Just call me Berd.
    Well, indoors at work it held the signal fine with UMTS only even though normally on auto it's switching all over the place. I was too chicken to leave it on UMTS on the ride home since I didn't want to miss a call, but it likely would have worked. UMTS coverage seems to be best on the highways. At home I think the signal is too weak, but I'll try it tonight.

Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  6.    #26  
    I guess I live in a good area. I get 3-full bars on the train ride, and in the office, I have full 3G signal. I'm in Chicago for work, NW suburbs is where I live. Works great all around me. Now I just wonder what it'll be like once I get a client that is out of town...
    I notice a big drop-off in UMTS signal when in a building. At the edge of the building I can get full strength UMTS, but 20 ft inside I'm down to 2 bars. I don't see that drop-off in the GSM signal.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    I notice a big drop-off in UMTS signal when in a building. At the edge of the building I can get full strength UMTS, but 20 ft inside I'm down to 2 bars. I don't see that drop-off in the GSM signal.
    Supposed to be a pretty nice day today, suns out

So do you feel you still had pretty good call quality when you left it on 3G only, (even w/ few bars)?

The reason I ask is; I have friday night dinners up at inlaws,
    And my treo causes thier Big screen TV to really buzz.
    (that radio interference I told you about).

So I figured I would try just using UMTS only, to prevent the buzz.
    Just call me Berd.
    Yes even with less bars the call quality seems fine on UMTS (better than GSM). I can hear the difference when a call is on GSM or UMTS but it's hard to describe. It just seems clearer.

I've never gotten it to interfere with UMTS. But it was on GSM the other night and I could hear an interference with some close speakers.

Supposed to be a pretty nice day today, suns out

So do you feel you still had pretty good call quality when you left it on 3G only, (even w/ few bars)?

The reason I ask is; I have friday night dinners up at inlaws,
    And my treo causes thier Big screen TV to really buzz.
    (that radio interference I told you about).

So I figured I would try just using UMTS only, to prevent the buzz.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12