1. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    For those apps that require a Windows install, I like to grab .cabs to keep on my SD card in case I need to reinstall an app after a reset. Normally I will find them under c:\Program Files\<product> or c:\Program Files\Microsoft Activesync on my Windows system.

Sometimes, though, I don't seem to find the .cab anywhere. Does anyone know where these are stored?
    HAHA I like to call that "find the cab."

Sometimes they are in one of the two that you mentioned. Matter of fact, I don't remember ever finding any in other places. You are aware that they are sometimes deleted after install right? You have to run the exe when the device is NOT connected. Then find the cab and copy it before it installs. Hope this helps, if not let me know which program specifically and I'll see if I can remember where I found it. I know off-hand that POCKET QUICKEN took me a while to find....
    some apps have a mac version that is a zip file that will have the cabs there. two of the programs that i run have the exe and the zip download options. the exe version didn't put the cab in activesync folder. the only way i found to get it was throught the zip. i like to get the cabs on my storage card as well for backup.

what cabs are you looking for? maybe we can help.
  4. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help! Using your clues I was able to find the ones I was looking for. I was careful not to synchronize before locating the .cab, and I ran out and found some zips for a couple products. Aces Texas Holdem put itself in Temp which was a little tricky to find.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwg View Post
    Using your clues
    We just figured out Blues Clues..

BECAUSE WE'RE REALLY SMART!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post

BECAUSE WE'RE REALLY SMART!!!!
    wow, what was that?

and I was just about to say " good job team", but now I thing I may not want to be on this team. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    wow, what was that?

and I was just about to say " good job team", but now I thing I may not want to be on this team. lol
    LOL, like I said, I consider "find the cab" a game. Maybe I was a little over the top, I digress