1.    #1  
    I dropped mine the other night at the bar. It only dropped from my seat, so it fell about 3 feet onto a wood floor. To be honest, I hate the fact I dropped it at all. It wasn't cheap. The good news is that it only suffered a micro scratch in the upper left hand corner above the volume buttons. The soft touch paint is pretty tough.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Drop!!

No, not yet. Trying hard not to! Sorry about your drop, but at least it sounds like it survived OK.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I haven't drop mine yet, but I just recently found a crack on the edge beside the left function key

Don't know what happened here, probably it's because of the stress left on the plastic part during the molding process.

A.W

Hearing about dropping really good phones depresses me. I try to keep mine on a level desk at all times for that very reason. And if I'm outside, I only pull the phone out if necessary.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I've dropped my 600 and 650 more times than I can remember, I'm a klutz. Some have been harsh falls on to cement floors. These devices are tough though, I just pick up the pieces and put them back together and they come right back on. I can live with the scratches, I find it gives them character Anyway, my 750 should be arriving momentarily via UPS and I hope I don't drop it within the first month at least...
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    The rubberized casing of the 750v does stop it slipping out of your hands like my 650 used to doesn't help it from not getting knocked off a desk/table though So far this hasn't happened to mine
  7.    #7  
    The little scratch I have I assume is from the 3 foot wood floor fall. It's so small that maybe I just never noticed it. I really have to get the right angle to even see it. It very well could of been that way from the start. I was playing around with the phone, tossing it back in forth from hand to hand. This is not a good idea when you have a few beers in ya.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    i dropped it on a hard floor. it bounced. But no marks.
    Quote Originally Posted by freit5 View Post
    I've dropped my 600 and 650 more times than I can remember, I'm a klutz. Some have been harsh falls on to cement floors. These devices are tough though, I just pick up the pieces and put them back together and they come right back on. I can live with the scratches, I find it gives them character Anyway, my 750 should be arriving momentarily via UPS and I hope I don't drop it within the first month at least...
    My 650 is beat up to the Hilt!
    I might be right with you in Klutzville.

And Today, Just now getting out of my Truck,
    I dropped my Brand New 8525.

I am so pissed!
    Oh Well, I guess I can't take it back within 30 days.

I'll tell you guys this; the Treo's are Tough.
    The plastic on the 8525 gouges pretty easy.

I've dropped my Treo 3'+ onto concrete lots of times,
    and it never gouged like this 8525.

Attached Gouge Pic:
    (taken w/ 650)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    yikes!!! that looks pretty bad!!
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
  11.    #11  
    Holy smokes!! That really sucks. I don't care about giving my phone character. I just want it to not have scratches or dings.
    Brian McGuire
    I dropped my 650 the first day I got it, it made me feel like the worst *****. Nevertheless, it survived nicely and gave me good service till I got the 750v a month ago. However, it does make it harder to sell the 650 at a good price.
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Man i dropped my 650 earlier this year outside and cracked the screen right in half........little by little it "leaked" out to the point i had to buy a new screen and swap it out. Once i did that, it looked like a whole new phone and i'll have it for 2 years come feb