Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Did a search and almost nothing came up.....so, does any of you use this program? and if so, what are your thoughts on it?

Thanks
    I placed it under the startup folder, that tells you how good it is.
    Its the fastest and easiest way to manage your running programs. It is probably the program I use the most since I manage what programs are open on my WX. And, I never had it lock up on me.
    I prefer the Task Manager found in AE Button Plus over Magic Button.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I posted a few screen shots here, if you look next to the start button you'll see how Magic Button puts icons of running programs up there. For me, having this visual of my running applications is crucial. You can reach and tap on them to switch but I..
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta
    I prefer the Task Manager found in AE Button Plus over Magic Button.
    also switch applications using the AE task manager because I can accomplish that with the five-way. So for me it's a great combination.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    I posted a few screen shots here, if you look next to the start button you'll see how Magic Button puts icons of running programs up there. For me, having this visual of my running applications is crucial....
    Very good point.

I used to use TrueToolbar which puts running icons in the lower task tray. Best part is those are all accessible via the d-pad (no stylus). Great app.

However, I'm now using this PA skin (One2Touch) and I had to give up TrueToolbar.

MB is a suitable substitute though.

I posted a few screen shots here, if you look next to the start button you'll see how Magic Button puts icons of running programs up there. For me, having this visual of my running applications is crucial. You can reach and tap on them to switch but I..

also switch applications using the AE task manager because I can accomplish that with the five-way. So for me it's a great combination.
    Only because the selection and action on those icons is not d-pad controllable makes MB a pain to use. I prefer using a start menu app like Small Menu to quickly see what tasks I have running (a one button press). I know that Jason (the developer of SBSH iLauncher) is planning to build taskbar icons into iLauncher. Time will tell if those icons are d-pad controllable.

Oh and btw, I have switched from GSPocketMagic over to SmallMenu. It does indeed perform a bit better than GSPM and is less prone to lockups/freezes. The only problem I have with SM is that one a soft reset, SM does not recognize the settings menu and you have to select it from the standard WM menu. After that, SM works fine. Second, the task close option is only for the currently selected application or "all others beside". Yes, you can choose to show an "X" in the task list, but to actually close an app, you need to touch the screen. GSPM had the advantage there by being able to close any app at any time with just d-pad use.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    I used this for a long time before I found spb pocketplus. pocket plus does this and more. I have it maped to my "hold ok" key where I hold that button and can see all running apps. I can theen close all or just the ones I want, softrest, go to one of those running apps. multi pages in pie. shortcut icons on today screen. properties options add to files, zip support, battery meter above start bar, ect. give it a try for a FEW days and let me know if you like it. I may be able to give you a discount.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    I used this for a long time before I found spb pocketplus. pocket plus does this and more. I have it maped to my "hold ok" key where I hold that button and can see all running apps. I can theen close all or just the ones I want, softrest, go to one of those running apps. multi pages in pie. shortcut icons on today screen. properties options add to files, zip support, battery meter above start bar, ect. give it a try for a FEW days and let me know if you like it. I may be able to give you a discount.
    I have been a long time user of Pocket Plus. I just recently (in the past two weeks) made the jump over to SBSH iLauncher. Pocket Plus just takes up too much ram for what it does as compared to iLauncher.

From Menneisyys' Blog:
    The results (I've done several tests on my clean x51v to be absolutely sure. I'm also sure about the test methology.):

New iLauncher: about 200-300 kbytes
    Previous iLauncher: about 400 kbytes
    Spb Pocket Plus 3.04: ~1600 kbytes (everything enabled); ~1400 kbytes (only battery bar and Today plug-in enabled so that it can be directly compared to iLauncher)
    Resco 5.35 Today plug-in: about 300 kbytes

This means iLauncher occupies little dynamic RAM on WM5 devices, unlike the latest version of Spb Pocket Plus, which occupies considerably (about 3-4 times) more memory.
    http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/ind...1&pb=1#more561
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    How do I activate the AE Button Plus Task Manager? I see a picture of it on their AE Button Plus page, but cannot find a way to map a key to it in AE Button Plus.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    How do I activate the AE Button Plus Task Manager? I see a picture of it on their AE Button Plus page, but cannot find a way to map a key to it in AE Button Plus.
    (Obviously it does't have to be a triple press, that's just my choice. It can be anything.)

That fixed it. I had it assigned to "Long Press" for the OK button, but it would still bring up the default WM5 task manager. Changing it to triple press did the trick. Do you know how to force the long press mode to stick on the OK button?
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    That fixed it. I had it assigned to "Long Press" for the OK button, but it would still bring up the default WM5 task manager. Changing it to triple press did the trick. Do you know how to force the long press mode to stick on the OK button?
    Maybe undoing all the OK assignments/return it to the system.

Then under "new key" map the OK button. I think that creates a separate entry. It worked for the Side key as now I can have 4 presses for that one.

Edit
    : Doesn't work. ;-( So I don't know.

I Know! In AE Buttons plus, assign OK/Close to "Single Press" for the OK Button.

Here's the trick: Assign Task Manager to "Single Press" for the "Option + OK" button. That's how I did it.
    I Know! In AE Buttons plus, assign OK/Close to "Single Press" for the OK Button.

Here's the trick: Assign Task Manager to "Single Press" for the "Option + OK" button. That's how I did it.
    lol, i was just going to post that!

this does work. You can also assign it just under Buttons but not obviously not the AEB+ extras.

I thought about that, but figured it was too simple to work. I just tried it and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the help.
    What would be interesting is to assign the center button on the d-pad to task manager. I tried to add a button, but it did not seem to work on long press. Oh well