1.    #1  
    Hi,

My 700w suddenly does not have any sound.

That is, when I make a call or answer a call, I hear nothing and no one can hear me. Also, I have all the setting turned ON ( I believe ) and there is no sound when I touch the screen or make selections. Again the tap screen sounds are turned on.

The weird thing is that I could use Speakerphone and it works. But now even that option is "grayed out" on the menu and I cannot use speakerphone
    any longer.

And finally, when I plug in my hands free ear bug, that works. What the heck?

Any ideas? Thank you.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    I had one of my salesreps give me his phone and said it didn't ring. First thing I checked was the mute switch but that was fine. It ended up he had accidentally pressed the side volume buttons and turned them all the way down. Boy did he feel stupid. I would check that.

Also, do you have PhoneAlarm installed? I had a problem where my phone would not ring after waking up from Night mode. It ended up being a setting in there.

Greg
  3.    #3  
    The phone rings and makes other sounds such as receiving email and text messages. It is just the call volume and on screen toggling that has no sound. I have checked the side settings as well. Thanks for the post though.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    That's strange. Hope you figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by polyjb View Post
    The phone rings and makes other sounds such as receiving email and text messages. It is just the call volume and on screen toggling that has no sound. I have checked the side settings as well. Thanks for the post though.
    I have the exact same problem on a 750v.

I figured it out in the end. What had happened was where i had previously installed SPB Pocket + and lost the use of the volume buttons on the side, they had turned the phone volume down to mute, so i could hear text messages, as they are included in the PDA volume. By installing the fix from SPB i was able to gain control of the volume and turn it up again therefore restoring the ringing.

I m not sure if it is the same on the 700w. But worth a try.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    You might have the "broken headphone jack" issue that some have had. The phone always thinks the headphones are plugged in. Try inserting a wired headset, and see if you get all of your sounds. If you do, then your volumes are fine, and you need a new phone
  7.    #7  
    That is what I feared it was. Yes, everything is fine when my wireless set is plugged in.

Grrrr. 3rd Treo in 1 year. I miss my 600 Palm version.
  8.    #8  
    ...my 650 Palm I mean..

Thanks all.
    Broken Headphone jack.... Sorry
  10.    #10  
    Lovely. How the heck does that get broken anyway?
    Mine broke when using a stiff 2.5-3.5 adapter and the phone got leaned on. I since started using a headset that has the correct plug and eliminated the adapter. Mine was replace under warranty.