1.    #1  
    I've now progressed to getting an SD card for my 700wx .... because I want to load some music and play .... and I felt good that I was able to load correctly and it would play .... so I started loaded some favorites ..... and find I can't load more than 1/2G onto the card .... I check the card properties and it says that I have used 496MB and have 1.5G left .... yet when I try to load another music file via synch .... it says I don't have enough storage left to load it ....

help! .... and thanks
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Let me guess here... You bought it off ebay?
    It could be a bad card, a mismarked/fake 2gb, or it might need to be reformatted.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I don't know about Treo 700 but here is an idea. Try putting files in folders rather than in the root of the SD card.. If that's not the problem then stroths may be right.
    Prio Treo
    Unlocked Unbranded Treo 650 on T-Mobile-T-Zone
  5.    #5  
    Jdoc
    Let me guess here... You bought it off ebay?
    Actually ..... the card is a 2G Dane-elec .... which I purchased from a retailer here in San Francisco I believe for $29 which I thought was reasonable ....

I spoke at length this morning with tech support from Dane-elec and I believe that we have narrowed down the problem ....

I was transfering music files to the card ....

it seems that the card is a FAT16 drive (? whatever that is -- I don't know) and that there is a limit on the number of individual files which can be recognized -- that number being around 137 .... well I transfered approzimately that number of music files which also equaled approzimate .5 G
    (close to the 512) ....

The fix is to create a file on the storage card and transfer my individual music files to that file ....

I did manage to find the storage card and found that there are two file folders on the card already .... WMDRM and MSMETDATA
    I created a music file but will have to wait until tonight to transfer the individual files to it ....

I will let you know if this works ....
  6.    #6  
    PrioTreo --

sounds like that is exactly the way to go .... and for the reason I stated above ....

thanks for your help .... I will let you know tonight if it works
    You are welcome. FAT16 or VFAT16 has that limitation and many SD cards (at least those less than 2GB) come formatted that way.

I hope you created a new Folder fomr your music files. Putting a file inside another file may not work.
    Prio Treo
  8.    #8  
    PrioTreo

I did .... as I explained earlier in a thread here .... I am 58 and have been a computer user for ..... longer than most here have been alive!

I remember working with the old IMB 360 mainframes in the 60's and bought my first Atari 800 for about $400 in 1982 (then upgraded with an external disk drive 64M for another $400 shortly thereafter)

BUT .... I am rather technically challenged .... (I HATE being PC -- I'm dumb about programming and but SMART enough to know that when I try to do things -- I can REALLY mess them up!!!) so I like to understand WHY!

Thanks for your help .... I'll let you know tonight if it all works
  9. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    FAT16 limits the number of files to 65,517, not 137. There is a 512-file limitation in the root folder, but that seems irrelevant here.
    I didn't even think of that. I thought the card was formatted to FAT32. Glad you found a possible solution.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    aph

The 512 files / directories in the root directory is corect for 8.3 file names. With VFAT and Long File Names (LFN) that number is much less.

Cheers
    Prio Treo
    Can the card not be reformatted?
  13.    #13  
    ok ..... moved the music into one file and I can load more ......

thanks all for your help