1.    #1  
    I am having some difficulty getting my treo 700wx to sync over bluetooth. I have searched several message boards and followed various how-tos but I am still having problems.

I am using a D-Link DBT-120 USB bluetooth adapter. It is installed using the built-in microsoft BT adapters.

Activesync is installed from the Treo CD along with the bluetooth plug-in for activesync.

In the Activesync connection settings window, I have checked the box/pulldown menu to allow connections via bluetooth.

On the treo itself, I can pair with my computer. Activesync shows up as a list of services available on the computer.

When I run activesync on the treo and select "Connect via bluetooth" i keep getting an error message saying "cannot find existing bluetooth partnership that supports activesync"

I have tried deleting/readding the partnership. I have tried messing with the various bluetooth com ports, uninstalling/reinstalling everything...no luck.

I should also add that if I sync over USB cable, everything works 100%

Can someone please tell me what the heck I'm doing wrong with this bluetooth connection?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I ran into this a few days ago... I was able to get things going again by deleting the bluetooth pair on the phone computer and also removing the "Mobile device" from activesync. Then I set the bluetooth back up by going through activesync on the phone and now everything is working great.

I've had to do this twice and in both cases I'm sure it was something I did that messed things up and caused them to stop working. The last time I remember looking around through the bluetooth settings on my computer messing with com ports trying to get another device to sync.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ksoliz View Post
    I ran into this a few days ago... I was able to get things going again by deleting the bluetooth pair on the phone computer and also removing the "Mobile device" from activesync. Then I set the bluetooth back up by going through activesync on the phone and now everything is working great.

I've had to do this twice and in both cases I'm sure it was something I did that messed things up and caused them to stop working. The last time I remember looking around through the bluetooth settings on my computer messing with com ports trying to get another device to sync.

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH

bluetooth sync is finally working for me
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ksoliz View Post

I tried this a couple of times without any success...anything else I can check?
    Quote Originally Posted by equinox2 View Post
    I tried this a couple of times without any success...anything else I can check?
    Make sure the COM port assigned under (1) ActiveSync connection settings and (2) Bluetooth Local Services configuration is identical. That is, you must assigned the same available COM port number for both (1) and (2) above after establishing pairing between PC and Treo. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Tony
    I am having this same issue and have done all of the above. I keep seeing that there is nothing in the services box, am I missing a step somewhere?