1.    #1  
    So everybody knows about Go To Mypc, or pcanywhear. it allows you to get to your home computer from work, and the other way around. Now is there any app like that for Treo. I want to be able to access my home pc from my treo if i am on the road, lets say.
    I havent been around in a while, and I have a Treo650 and use Biz Connect to look through all my docs while out and even email them or edit them. Not sure if Biz connects is for the 700w/wx, but you can check.

Hope this helps some
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Logmein.com, works on the treo 700wx. its almost the same thing as go to my pc, except they have a free version.
    Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> PPC6700 --> Treo 700WX --> Treo 800W --> Pre.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    pcAnywhere has a mobile version too. It works great.

Greg
    Last edited by GregE; 11/17/2006 at 03:37 PM.
    I haven't seen the mobile version of PCAnywhere... is it included when you buy the regular version? Or is it an extra charge? I use PCAnywhere now on a VLAN, so it is impossible to connect outside without this!!
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by briguy73 View Post
    I haven't seen the mobile version of PCAnywhere... is it included when you buy the regular version? Or is it an extra charge? I use PCAnywhere now on a VLAN, so it is impossible to connect outside without this!!
    I had version 10.5 and it was not included. I upgraded to version 12 since it came with the mobile version. Using it I can connect to all my PC's I already have set up.

You can get it at Buy.com for $180.94 with free shipping and there is a $100 rebate for upgrading and a $60 rebate too. My bottom line price was $20.94 to upgrade. Well worth it to get the mobile version if you ask me.

Greg
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Looks like it first came out in version 11.5.

Greg
    Thanks... My employer actually has an enterprise license for it... I just need to do a justification why I need it upgraded from version 11, which is what I currently have... Should have it by the end of the day!!!!!
    i use the included terminal services client on my 700w. there is a lot of scrolling around, but its free.
    Logmein is da bomb. Hey, its FREE, and works with Vista too!

Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I have VNC running on a pc and my Treo uses Palm VNC on a bluetooth wlan to see it. The connection can work on a cable modem, or similar connection, but you need to have your ip address and the ports (5800 and 5900) forwarded through a firewall to the pc running VNC. I would also use a vpn and run vnc through the tunnel.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    I have been testing an app called Remote2PC. You can check it out and download a trial version at http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=16879. If this link does not work, you can google z2Remote2PC.

I have used it for a few days connecting remotely different Windows based PCs at my office and home using my Treo 700WX EVDO connection.

In general, Remote2PC works very well and has many great features that I have not found in other remote programs. I especially like its security options as security is critical for me when connecting to ERP without available VPN client for my Treo.

So that everyone knows, I am not related to the developer or PocketGear. From my perspective, I just want to share the forum a great remote application for our device.

Cheers,
    Tony