1.    #1  
    So I've got the Threaded SMS app installed on my 700wx. Of course it sucks because my texts dont really work right now as is being experienced im sure by everyone else who has this phone with sprint...

I do have a couple of messages in there though, and I was wondering if there was any way to sync/backup all the messages I have in it. Ive tried the Jeyo program before when I was just using the regular outlook sms. It worked mostly fine except for the dates on sent items. I havent yet tried it with this new threaded sms app, but I was just wondering if there was any better solution out there than Jeyo before i bother... Or if Jeyo even works at all with this.

I've been told by sprint that I can expect a software update by the end of this month. Will that require a hard reset? If so, then itd be reeeeally nice to know how to back these up soon. Thanks!
    \Windows\PalmMsgV001

Backup that file and restore it after a hard reset to restore your texts.
    When I try to do this is complains that the file is locked. Any way to get around this?
    Use Resco File Explorer
    I get this error when in Resco file explorer. Is there any setting that I need to change?
    Quote Originally Posted by Younghen View Post
    When I try to do this is complains that the file is locked. Any way to get around this?
    Try to do it from a fresh soft reset prior to opening the messaging app.
    great...that worked perfectly... thanks
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    \Windows\PalmMsgV001

Backup that file and restore it after a hard reset to restore your texts.
    I have seen reference to this 'PalmMsgv001' file in many posts regarding backing up SMS medssages but I cannot find it on my Sprint Treo 700w runnning WM5. Any suggestions?
    hey hannip,

a while back you had mentioned trying to figure out a way to parse out that file. Did you ever figure out a way to view it without having to put it back as the active file? Mine just gets too big after a while, so I've got a couple of them stached away...

drew
    Quote Originally Posted by bmceachen View Post
    I have seen reference to this 'PalmMsgv001' file in many posts regarding backing up SMS medssages but I cannot find it on my Sprint Treo 700w runnning WM5. Any suggestions?
    Its a file created ONLY by the Palm Threaded SMS app, so if you have not installed this on your own (it doesn't come with the wx) then you will not have this file
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    is there anyway to VIEW the file in plain TEXT?

so i can clean out my fone and not worry abt losing the texts...

Thanx