1.    #1  
    Okay - I have to admit that I have always seen these threads and reassured the OP that there is nothing to worry about with receiving a replacement device that is actually a factory refurbished phone... well, I would now like to retract anything that I have previously said!!!

I received a replacement 700w a couple of weeks ago to replace my two month old original phone... It was having an internal issue and needed to be replaced. Well, as I was saying, I received my replacement phone a couple of weeks ago only to find out that it isn't reminding me of my Outlook appointments and that the alarm clock did not give me the option to snooze or dismiss... had to go into the alarm clock feature and manually turn the alarm off!

After hours on the phone with Verizon last week, I was finally able to have them send me out a replacement device - as it was finally determined that the last replacement was defective...

Well, I received the replacement today and guess what? The left soft key is broken!!! Right out of the box, it is pushed into the phone and doesn't work. And if thats not enough - the little rubber covers on the back of the phone are missing!!!!

Okay - done venting... Lucky for Verizon that this is a work phone or I would be looking to cancel my contract or be pushing for a new phone...
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Get the wx on sprint At least you won't get crippled memory.
  3.    #3  
    If my employer wasn't locked into a contract with Verizon, I would switch in a second! I just can't believe that two replacement phones were shipped defective... and the second one had visible signs of being defective!!!! Horrible and completely unacceptable!
    I received a defective replacement phone as well. I took the replacement into a VZW store and told them to make it work. After an hour they gave up on the replacement and gave me a brand new one from their inventory. Works fine and I couldn't be happier.
  5.    #5  
    That is what I like to hear!!!! I just got off the phone with my Verizon rep... she transferred me to Wireless Data Technical Support... they're sending me another refurb... If I get another defect, theres no telling what I'm going to do...
    Just tell them that one doesn't work either and you will get a brand new phone. The way it works is 2 refurbs then the 3rd replacement is a brand new phone, factory sealed and everything. Just ask the rep next time your on the phone with them and they will confirm.
    Quote Originally Posted by trev230 View Post
    Just tell them that one doesn't work either and you will get a brand new phone. The way it works is 2 refurbs then the 3rd replacement is a brand new phone, factory sealed and everything. Just ask the rep next time your on the phone with them and they will confirm.
    yes this is true....3 stikes and your out......lol.
  8.    #8  
    I had a similar experience when I had my Q... Only, they actually let me get a completely different phone after a couple of months in to the contract! This is when I got my 700w... I like the thought of a factory sealed phone... this is how it should be the first time around... I mean, I paid for a brand new phone and it has been getting replaced with refurbished ones... doesn't make sense!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by happypappy View Post
    yes this is true....3 stikes and your out......lol.
    You are right... I got my 3rd replacement yesterday and it is almost a brick... battery drains in less than 3 hours and the phone is constantly hot to the touch. Called Tech Support this morning and they immediately said they would be shipping out a brand new phone today!