1.    #1  
    ok, the sling box site show 3 different boxes. pro, av, and tuner. i have see on the slingmedia forum that the new pro is not as good as the classic. something to do with passthrough?

my questions are...

1) do i have to pruchase the mobile slingplayer and the pc sling player each seperate to watch on my treo and home pc?

2) do we get free upgrade on our sling player when and if the new versions come out ( full screen)?

3) i think i'm correct when i say the slingbox av doesn't have the tv tuner part. it is just for audio and video components?

4) if i don't have a vcr or dvr or tevo that i will be hooking up with this should i just get the slingbox tuner or is the pro going to so something else that i would want?

5) the pro only costs like $30 more bucks than the tuner. should i just get the pro just in case i ever want to get a drv or something like that? i think the pro at my store is really the classic.

6) should i wear my black jacket tomorrow or the brown one?

7) is the classic (gray one) a pro? or is the red on the only pro?

thanks for any help, cody
    Last edited by codyppc; 11/13/2006 at 12:55 PM.
  2.    #2  
    http://www.slingcommunity.com/forum/.../16091/?page=1

this is the thread on the classic being better than the pro.

what do you guys think?
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    5) the pro only costs like $30 more bucks than the pro. should i just get the pro just in case i ever want to get a drv or something like that?
    Given the choices in your question, I would go for the pro.

6) should i wear my black jacket tomorrow or the brown one?
    Depends on the color of your pants (if any).

Greg
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    Given the choices in your question, I would go for the pro.

Greg
    sorry, post has been edited.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    sorry, post has been edited.
    Sorry, I just couldn't resist that one.

Greg
    For remote viewing the Pro really doesn't have anything over the classic. It is the same resolution. If you want the max resolution when viewing on a local lan then get the Pro. I rarely view tv over my local lan so the classic is just fine for me.

SlingMedia used to give out a free registration for the mobile player when you bought the classic. I don't know if they still do that. The PC player has always been a free download. Upgrades for the mobile player should be free if you already have a registered version.
  7.    #7  
    ok, close the thread. I just bought the classic.