1.    #1  
    I have done a search on the 700w/wx on this problem and have only found one post having the same problem as I am. It was back in July, but there are no responses so here goes.

I have saved a bunch of MP3's on my 2 gb storage card and when I try to add them via "sounds & notifications" I get this message:

Storage memory is critically low. If you do not increase storage memory, you may not be able to start some programs. Use File Explorer to delete files you no longer need, or move some files to a storage card.

when you say "OK" to that, then you get this message:

Failed adding \Storage Card\Ring Tones\whatever tune.mp3 to Ring Tones folber. Disk full or sound file of same name already exists.

I have the Verizon 700w and I already have several MP3's that I am using for ringtones but I want to add quite a few more. Most of them are 1 minute in length, but I didn't think size was that important since I am storing the actual ringtone on a SD card.

I didn't think I needed a 3rd party app to do this with the Treo being a Windows machine, but if it makes it work I don't mind spending the bucks.

Please help!
    When you "add as a ringtone," the treo saves a copy of the file on you device, in the Windows/Rings folder. If you don't have enough space on your device, you will get that error. My advice is to split the mp3 into a 30 second clip, save THAT to your rings folder and use it. You'll also find faster play time due to the reduced file size. Ringers on your storage card is a disaster waiting to happen.
  3.    #3  
    So won't that limit the ultimate number of custom ringtones I can have? Do I have any other choice for adding ringtones? Thanks!
    Yes it will limit the number of ringtones you can have... the reason why you can't keep ringtones on the SD card is because if your SD card isn't in the Treo, then you won't have your custom ringtone, plus I believe windows unmounts the SD card when the device is sleeping, so it would take longer for you to hear the ringer if someone called you when your phone was sleeping.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I actually chop up the mp3 to the 30 second clip and put it in a folder on the SD card called ring tones. Then in Sounds & Notifications I hit menu, add and point it to that folder. The phone puts a copy of the file in the rings folder automatically. All my ring tones work with the SD card removed from the treo due to them being in the Rings folder... So I'm not quite sure why having ring tones on your SD card is necessarily a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by J_Uneek View Post
    I actually chop up the mp3 to the 30 second clip and put it in a folder on the SD card called ring tones. Then in Sounds & Notifications I hit menu, add and point it to that folder. The phone puts a copy of the file in the rings folder automatically. All my ring tones work with the SD card removed from the treo due to them being in the Rings folder... So I'm not quite sure why having ring tones on your SD card is necessarily a bad thing...
    Because your ringers are really being played from the rings folder on the device. All of my ringtones are on my card also, and after a hard reset I just copy the folder to the rings folder. The OP was trying to copy multiple songs here, and ran out of memory.
  7.    #7  
    So other than reducing all my rings to 30 secs (which is very doable) are there any other suggestions?

Has anyone with a 700w tried the "Ringo Mobile for WM 5.0?
    I'm having this problem too... this is crap- all other WM phones just play the mp3 ringers directly from the root of the SD card, and if the sd card is not present it will play the default ringer found in the rings folder... is ringo the only solution to this??
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)