1.    #1  
    I've experienced this problem twice in the last 3 days: the device seems to lose its voice and no audible/vibrating notification or screen taps can be heard.

The sounds return after a soft reset; but if unknown, I've missed calls and e-mails because not only is there no sound, the vibrating notification is also muted.

Anyone else experience this?
    I've not seen this. Do you have any third-party apps like PhoneAlarm installed?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I suspect you have voice command activated. I also had that problem when it was activated. It was a also prevalent in my Dopod 838 which I owned/used previously. Its probably a WM5 bug.
    I have voice command activated and don't see this issue, so I don't think it's a general voice command bug.
    I have voice command activated as well and I have not experienced any problems.
    Treo 750v ---> Now Sold.
  6.    #6  
    Interesting, voice command is activated on my phone. If this happens again, I'll turn it off and see if it makes a difference.
    I have lost my sound twice. Media player sounds, and clicks cannot be heard, but selected ringtones can be heard. I have switched off voice control. The two events that seemed to start it were

1) plug in headset

2) try and play a large 4M mp3.

Soft resets have made no difference, and I have switched off voice control and done a soft reset and this has made no difference. Doing a hard reset worked, but I do not want to keep on doing this as it is a PIA.

I am using a standard Vodafone 750v with no new apps on.

Any ideas,
    750v user and developer
    Previous Treos had a tendancy to have the headphone jack get "stuck" so audio wasn't coming out. It's possible you might have the same thing. I would insert the headset again and "jiggle" the connector around as you take it out. If the switch is stuck in the inserted position this should help fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by pcla View Post
    I have lost my sound twice. Media player sounds, and clicks cannot be heard, but selected ringtones can be heard. I have switched off voice control. The two events that seemed to start it were

1) plug in headset

2) try and play a large 4M mp3.

Soft resets have made no difference, and I have switched off voice control and done a soft reset and this has made no difference. Doing a hard reset worked, but I do not want to keep on doing this as it is a PIA.

I am using a standard Vodafone 750v with no new apps on.

Any ideas,
    Having fixed the problem (hard reset) I have tried inserting and removing the headphones a few times and the problem does not reappear. It does appear as if the headphone socket did have a small problem as initially it was not playing in stereo and now it is. There is probably a software problem as well since the hard resets fixed it on both occasions. Thanks for the suggestion anyway, as I now appear to have stereo.
    750v user and developer
    I don't have anything activated.

Its happened a few time.....very starnge. I do a reboot to fix.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I have this problem at times but have not had to hard reset to regain sound. In fact, a soft reset works for me. It hasn't happened that many times (knock on wood) but it does cause me to check every now and then. When I raise the volume through the volume rocker, I usually hear a small beep. When I raise the volume and I don't hear the beep, I know that I have lost sound and need to soft reset. However, like I said, it rarely happens.
    I had this same problem last week. Took me a while to trace it to a source. I kept soft resetting the phone and it would work for a while and then seemingly with no reason would stop ringing or clicking when screen tapped, etc. Also, this was a problem which started out of the blue... the phone had been working fine. I eventually traced this to an unregistered version of httpmail which I had set up to check my mail automatically every 3 hours. The trial period had ended and so I can only assume that some sort of error was being generated although nothing was shown on the Treo.

Anyway - I eventually realised that this was the only thing which had changed since the problem had started and so I registered httpmail. Problem gone!!

No idea why there should be this bizarre interaction and it may not be the same for all but that was my experience. I hope this helps someone else.

Surreal
    I bought a 750v last month from Vodaphone while traveling in Europe. Got an unlock code from www.imei-check.co.uk. Unlocked it and worked great with my Cingular sim card while in Europe. When I got back to the US everything worked fine except I can't hear anything through the external speaker! Can't hear rings, sounds, or mp3s through the external speaker. I've done a couple of hard resets but still have the same problem (yes the mute button is off). I can make and receive calls with no problem on the phone using the builtin ear speaker and mic but no sounds work via the speakerphone in back. Any ideas?

I was curious whether the unlock code software could be the issue? Also I haven't dropped or damaged the phone.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    I unlocked mine through imei-check also and don't have the speaker problem so I don't think that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by 007in803 View Post
    I bought a 750v last month from Vodaphone while traveling in Europe. Got an unlock code from www.imei-check.co.uk. Unlocked it and worked great with my Cingular sim card while in Europe. When I got back to the US everything worked fine except I can't hear anything through the external speaker! Can't hear rings, sounds, or mp3s through the external speaker. I've done a couple of hard resets but still have the same problem (yes the mute button is off). I can make and receive calls with no problem on the phone using the builtin ear speaker and mic but no sounds work via the speakerphone in back. Any ideas?

I was curious whether the unlock code software could be the issue? Also I haven't dropped or damaged the phone.

Thanks for any suggestions.