• tried it, but uninstalled it cause i couldn't figure it out

3 5.66%
  • never tried it and don't care too.

3 5.66%
  • i don't like you and don't like polls

1 1.89%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    this is the only program that i just cant seem to keep on my phone. i don't know if it's me or the app it self. i have installed it and uninstalled it. at leaset three times. the program has all the fewtures i want and need, but i just cant figure it out right. in the "post your today screen" thread i see PA (phonealarm) a lot. i have heard people complain about problems, but i'm woundering how many of those problems could have been figured out. people like Malatesta have figured it out and speek highly about it.

please take the poll and let me know if i'm the only one who has giving up on this. maybe i just want thing to be simple. please let me know what problems you had and how you fixed them. if you did. if not tell me what made you give up on the app.
    the only thing i can't figure out is how to put my voice mail password in it.
    I had the light version on my 700w and it worked great. I haven't installed it yet on my wx. Just haven't gotten around to it yet I guess.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
    the only thing i can't figure out is how to put my voice mail password in it.
    man i saw in the settings that option. in fact i saw Malatesta telling someone in some thread. if it doesnt get posted here in a few hours, i would pm Malatesta. i know he knows
    I use the light version and I love it. It makes my today screen look less clutered and the skin I use has everything on it I need.
    "We must all fear evil men, but there is an evil we must fear most. And that is the indifference of good men." -- The Boondock Saints.
    Re: Voicemail

Just set it up like this under Settings --> Adv

(where 0001234567 = your phone number)

Re: Password, right from the Manual:

"You can include your password by adding ",,#xxxx#” after the voicemail
    number where “xxxx” is your password. This format is provider
    specific, so check with your operator if you have problems."

so...0001234567,,#xxxx#

Manual
    http://www.pocketmax.net/pA_User.pdf

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I'm just curious, given the number of users... is it REALLY worth it? I mean, really, really worth it? The price, the configuration, the endless threading on this forum for any number of reasons related to the app itself? I saw the poll on this thread, but I want to know. If you've got it, and you LOVE it, why? What makes it better than the default messaging options? Sell me on this!
    END OF LINE
    Have you ever noticed that you missed a call or had voicemail that you didn't notice for hours?

Do you wish your phone was smart enough not to waste the battery retrieving email while you are asleep?

Has your phone woke you up in the middle of the night for something stupid?

Do you wish your phone would be smart enough not to turn your keyboard lights on in the day time, but at night light them up so you can see them?

Just a few things that PA solves.
    Ok, ok - I'm listening...
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Have you ever noticed that you missed a call or had voicemail that you didn't notice for hours?

Has your phone woke you up in the middle of the night for something stupid?

Do you wish your phone would be smart enough not to turn your keyboard lights on in the day time, but at night light them up so you can see them?

Just a few things that PA solves.
    I can say a big yes to the first question. I recently pruchased the lite version, and love it. It is just so customizable (skin & settings) and like Dankinia mention it keeps my today screen nice and neat.
    I like how it turns of my backlight during any phone call (except for voicemail).

Controls my backlight on profile changes.

Setting individual sounds based on profile.

Vibrate on connect so you know the call went through.

Call and SMS forwarding, though I don't use them, are quite powerful.

One-click mute to kill any alarm (and any repeat notifications) is handy.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    If I had just one app on my phone, PA would be it. Since I'm on call 24/7, the profiles allow me to forget about turning the volume and alarms down at night, turning everything to vibrate during a meeting, or even turning the volume up while in the car during my commute. The skins give you all the info you need, ie. missed calls, voicemail, emails, SMS, battery, signal, BT, etc. I wish I could find another app this good.
    Do you wish your phone was smart enough to mute itself when you are in a meeting?

Edit: Delta beat me on that point

Did you ever forget to unmute your phone after a meeting was over?
    Last edited by hannip; 11/12/2006 at 06:21 PM.
    i had it on my 6700, but it just used way too much battery power, so i had to take it off...

conidering the fact that my treo's battery is much better than my 6700's, i figure i can give this another try...
    my best app yet!
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I love Phone Alarm but it juts seems to never agree with my device.. I continually have the issue where I'll be typing something and it justs mutes both the system and speaker volume. And this is whether i have I have 1 click mute enabled.. There were a few more issues but of course when I need to i can't remember em.. But I do love the software's functions and features.. Just wish I could use it

Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    I had issues with the full version at the beginning... I now have the lite version and I love it!!!
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I voted tried it, but uninstalled it due to problems with the app, but decided because of this thread to give it another try. It's been a while since I had it installed. I loved the functionality and looks of the app, and spent a few hours customizing my skin.

I was loving it until it was time to go to bed. I put it in the Night profile, and started falling asleep. Then I was very annoyingly woke up to a couple vibrations. It seems that even though I had the email notifications set to silent, and had vibrate turned off in every conceivable location, it was still vibrating when a new email came in. I ended up removing PhoneAlarm again because of problems with the app. I really wanted it to work, but it just wouldn't.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    0001234567,,#xxxx#
    did that and it worked. i just had to get rid of extra "," and it worked.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
    did that and it worked. i just had to get rid of extra "," and it worked.
    see, i told ya mal would have the answer. and it only took an hour.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast