• never tried it and don't care too.

3 5.66%
  • i don't like you and don't like polls

1 1.89%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    I like it alot. I use the lite version with no problems......except this:

Can any one tell me what that little lock is next to the home icon? I have never seen it before. It just started showing up???? It dosent cause any problems though..
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske View Post
    I like it alot. I use the lite version with no problems......except this:

Can any one tell me what that little lock is next to the home icon? I have never seen it before. It just started showing up???? It dosent cause any problems though..
    Not sure what it does but I can help you get rid of it.

Hold your stylus on the home button and you will get a menu that says Unlock to come up and you can get rid of that. If you then hold the stylus on your home button you will see the menu with Lock and Timed Lock.

You must have accidentally selected it.

Greg
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske View Post
    BTW...Did you know there is a clear version of the Jinks skin you are using?

Greg
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    BTW...Did you know there is a clear version of the Jinks skin you are using?

Greg
    Yep I have that one too!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    My Phone history.....
    that lock is a profile lock to temporarily over-ride automatic profile changes. extremely useful.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    that lock is a profile lock to temporarily over-ride automatic profile changes. extremely useful.
    Thanks!
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post
    Does anyone know if it is possible to lengthen the vibration in the alerts? I'm missing emails when at work because the two quick vibration alerts aren't enough for me to feel it. The long vibration that I had prior to installing PA was perfect. Is there any way to change this?
    I'm not aware of any hack or trick to change this ourselves.

Bruce responded to the recently:

"A long (configurable) vibrate is under consideration for v1.60 but not yet on my fixed list - vibrate uses more power in 1 second than ALL other features do in minutes, so it is a major battery drain (as it has to physically move the device this isn't so surprising)."

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Huh, that's funny. I never really considered vibrate as a battery hog. Thanks for the info. I searched over at PocketMax, but didn't find that post. I guess I could just set the repeating alarm for every 10 seconds. I wish there was some way I could set it to play the sound the first time the alarm sounds, then just vibrate every time it repeats.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    OT-I've been trying to find the clear version of the Jinks skin you have posted above with the Profile, Missed Calls, VoiceMail, SMS, Email, BT, and Config all in that order, and haven't been able to. I checked the skin forum at PocketMax and found one by Jinks that doesn't include email or SMS. Where did you get that skin? Thanks.
    What does the clear version of Jinks look like? What is on my screen and what is on the pocketmax site do not look the same.

*EDIT* Nevermind. I found it in the forum, but the CAB file on the skins page does not contain the clear version.
    Last edited by alightfoot; 11/15/2006 at 12:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post
    OT-I've been trying to find the clear version of the Jinks skin you have posted above with the Profile, Missed Calls, VoiceMail, SMS, Email, BT, and Config all in that order, and haven't been able to. I checked the skin forum at PocketMax and found one by Jinks that doesn't include email or SMS. Where did you get that skin? Thanks.
    Here you go. You will want to use jinksclear_email

Figured it was easier to attach it than find it again in the PocketMax forum.

Greg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Thanks. I just barely found it in the PocketMax forum. I noticed in both the file at PocketMax and the one you posted here the icons are different from the icons you have posted in your screenshot. I really like the icons you have there better than the ones that came with it. How did you get those? I want those exact icons, but in a clear version. They look great!
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Actually I think you are talking about Fittske's screen. I thought that was the Jinks skin but now I see the different icons.

Greg
    I've found on a 750v that the backlight setting keeps jumping back to the default 50% no matter the setting. I posted this on their forums and it sounds like they are aware of the issue but no fix until 1.6.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  15.    #55  
    ok, i have tried this app agian for the third time. i gave it a week and read all the instructions. i had no problem setting it up and just loved the profiles part of the app.

altho, i have uninstalled it and done a hard reset. it seems that in the week that i ran the phonealarm test, i had two complete shutdowns. the phone would not turn on. i called my self from another phone and just got my voice mail. no matter what i did to try to wake the phone and trun it on, it was staying off. i had to do a soft reset to get it back on.
    i'm thinking that with all the happy people out there that do use this, maybe it's a program that i am running that is conflicting with this app that makes it not work for me. i want to try phonealarm on a fresh device with nothing on it to give it one last try, but i cant live without all my other apps. i wil try to post a list of all the apps i run and hope one of you can spot the conflict. if someone knows of a conflict that had and found the fix let me know.

i haven't placed my vote yet , and i'm not giving up yet.

thanks, cody
  16.    #56  
    ok, this is a list of the programs i run.

hannips palm messageing app
    on demand
    spb pocket plus
    spb backup
    spb time
    weather panel
    google maps
    virtual earth mobile
    wm5 storage
    hidelogo
    keylight
    phm regedit
    total commander
    ui tweeker
    pda net
    slingplayer

i saw in this post called "List all Programs you are running" that a lot of you guys use phonealarm and run a lot of programs. what am i doning wrong?
    What are the differences between the lite version and the full version?
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    The lite version did everything I needed. Check the comparison and pick the one that's right for you.

http://www.pocketmax.net/paLite_Compare.html

From the second page of this thread.
  19. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    For what it's worth, it feels to me like the mute switch on the Treo impacts the alarm profiles in PhoneAlarm. Sorry so vague, just wanted to point it out in case anyone else has noticed this. I am still trying to get comfortable with it. The features are too important to give up.

Quote Originally Posted by dwg View Post
    For what it's worth, it feels to me like the mute switch on the Treo impacts the alarm profiles in PhoneAlarm. Sorry so vague, just wanted to point it out in case anyone else has noticed this. I am still trying to get comfortable with it. The features are too important to give up.

lol, it DOES do something, though I'm not too sure what, so I agree with you. It's a lot of variables to play with.

I just found I was having issues with the "one click mute" feature sort of killing all future audible alerts. Still testing with that one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast