13 24.53%
  • tried it, but uninstalled it cause i couldn't figure it out

3 5.66%
  • never tried it and don't care too.

3 5.66%
  • i don't like you and don't like polls

1 1.89%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I did the trial of the Lite version TWICE and removed it both times. I could never get the profiles to work right. They would never turn on/off at the right times and many times it would turn off vibration/sound alerts completely even though I had the options set up correctly. I keep my phone on vibrate all the time and was only interested in the "night" setting, which just never worked right.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Had problems with the full version on my W but the lite version works great! Can't live without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Have you ever noticed that you missed a call or had voicemail that you didn't notice for hours?
    no, i look at the bottom left corner when i am concerned i missed a call.

Do you wish your phone was smart enough not to waste the battery retrieving email while you are asleep?
    i turn it off. and have an extended battery. and a charger

Has your phone woke you up in the middle of the night for something stupid?
    no, people do. turn off/mute the phone and relax.

Do you wish your phone would be smart enough not to turn your keyboard lights on in the day time, but at night light them up so you can see them?
    no, turns off in 30 sec.

Just a few things that PA solves.
    could never see the point really. i think you spend more time setting it up than actually flipping the switch or looking at the phone or... who is calling that is so important? hey i appreciate everyone's views, and i burn a 1000 minutes a month for work, but i missed the value here.
    and we are missing "tried it, didn't like it" on the poll. nicely done software however, no glitches for me.
    I tried/purchased it over a year ago on my XV6600 and the light version on my 700w. I've had lot of problems with it so usually I'll either disable it or remove it after a while.
    Ok, ok. I think I'll test drive it tonight, although I kind of like things the way they are.

Full or lite version? Recommendations?
    END OF LINE
    The lite version did everything I needed. Check the comparison and pick the one that's right for you.

http://www.pocketmax.net/paLite_Compare.html
    Thanks, hannip -
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    The lite version was the one I was having notification problems with. I'm trying the full version now and it seems to be working so far. I really like the concept of PhoneAlarm, but much like Beryl end up removing it after a while due to issues.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Chr!s View Post
    no, i look at the bottom left corner when i am concerned i missed a call.

i turn it off. and have an extended battery. and a charger

no, people do. turn off/mute the phone and relax.

no, turns off in 30 sec.

could never see the point really. i think you spend more time setting it up than actually flipping the switch or looking at the phone or... who is calling that is so important? hey i appreciate everyone's views, and i burn a 1000 minutes a month for work, but i missed the value here.

Good for you for having a 9-5 job. The ONLY time I can turn my phone off is on an airplane. Having the profiles take care of the little things means I have more time to worry about the important stuff. It's called convenience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaflyer View Post
    Good for you for having a 9-5 job. The ONLY time I can turn my phone off is on an airplane. Having the profiles take care of the little things means I have more time to worry about the important stuff. It's called convenience.
    ok ok take it easy. i actually do not have set hours if it matters (it shouldn't to have an opinion). i might be more like you in that i actually make my money if the phone rings (i am in sales). but conversely, if i need a break, i take it. i think the treo is too slow and ok to begin with, so i am just adding more crap to it and taking time out of my day to program it. besides, if you can't ever turn off the phone, and it's always with you, why would you need the program to tell you have a message? am i missing a benefit here in productivity?
    I use it and the feature I like is the fact that you can set up the repeats alerts to repeat every 10 seconds. I work in a high noise area and this feature is worth the money for me. I also like the fact that it blinks the light green when you have missed some thing.
    Exactly, the repeating alarm for missed calls and voicemail was the primary reason I use PA. Where I work we have to mute cell phones during meetings and I've found many times I've missed calls during that time due to forgetting to unmute after the meeting.

PA takes care of the mute/unmute and alerts me of what I've missed. Simple as that.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Exactly, the repeating alarm for missed calls and voicemail was the primary reason I use PA. Where I work we have to mute cell phones during meetings and I've found many times I've missed calls during that time due to forgetting to unmute after the meeting.

PA takes care of the mute/unmute and alerts me of what I've missed. Simple as that.
    what, you don't have a job.

no, just kidding. this is the main reason I want this. I forget to turn it off mute. plus I like the repeat alarms. I work in a noisy environment. I don't like checking my phone all the time just to see if I missed something. i'll probley give this another shot this weekend.
    I also use it for the auto switching features. I like that it can see when I have meeting set in my calendar and mute/unmute the phone around them. Also the night setting works great for me, turns off MSDP, BT, and puts the phone on mute automatically every night.

The program is a little fragile, and if you accidentally hit the volume rocker on the side of the 6700 it overrides PAs volume settings until you switch profiles, but once you get it set up the way you want it works like a treat.
  16. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I am trying to adapt to it. To me, it seems to take some patience and tuning to get it right where you want it. In other words, too short of a trail may increase the chance of disappointment.

I didn't know about the one-click mute until I read this thread, that should be helpful.

Also, is there a way to temporarily bypass all PA settings without uninstalling the app?
    Quote Originally Posted by dwg View Post
    I am trying to adapt to it. To me, it seems to take some patience and tuning to get it right where you want it. In other words, too short of a trail may increase the chance of disappointment.

I didn't know about the one-click mute until I read this thread, that should be helpful.

Also, is there a way to temporarily bypass all PA settings without uninstalling the app?
    Well, you have 30 days to evaluate which by trial-ware standards, is quite lengthy.

I can't stress enough that reading the pdf manual will greatly enhance your user experience

For others...

As far as setting it up, the best part is you can export your settings. When I moved from my 6700 to the 700wx this is what I did and it took all of 15 seconds to "setup" on my 700wx.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  18. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    On second thought, maybe I would have been a candidate for the lite version. It is advertised as being low maintenance. Maybe my frustrations are from TOO many choices.

Not adding my vote because I am still at 'want to love it, getting used to it'
  19. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Alright. I am installing it now. The manual will be read and my "love" will be voted by tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Well, you have 30 days to evaluate which by trial-ware standards, is quite lengthy.
    Certainly not complaining about the trial length. I just wanted to encourage folks to give it more than a day before giving up on it.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if it is possible to lengthen the vibration in the alerts? I'm missing emails when at work because the two quick vibration alerts aren't enough for me to feel it. The long vibration that I had prior to installing PA was perfect. Is there any way to change this?
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast