Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1.    #1  
    Random question here.

    How does the Treos screen handle these two things. I know we all wash our face and hands, but that does not stop the fingerprints and face oils. I am sure it shows up on the screen, but does it wipe off easily?

    Once I finally get one of these I hope to start answering some questions instead of asking all the time.

    Thanks.
  2. #2  
    I just rub it into the screen. They help remove the dust that collects on it.
  3. #3  
    I use a screen protector and just wipe all the crud that collects on the screen off on a cloth.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

    Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  4. #4  
    Windex
  5. #5  
    i get insurance, and when my phone starts looking old and dirty i delete a bunch of registry keys and do an insurance claim. once a month i get a new one.

    no just kidding... i use the bestskinsever to protext my device. it an easy to apply, super thin layer, of clear plastic that goes around the device.http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/StoreFront

    i use a screen protector for the screen. every couple of months i replace the screen protector, but with these two my device is pretty protected. of course this doesn't take care of the makeup in the keys issue, but what do i know... i dont wear makeup.

    cody
  6. #6  
    tell the truth cody
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    tell the truth cody
    ok, i do get a new phone every month. lol. jk

    I DONT WEAR MAKEUP and YOU CANT PROVE IT WAS ME
  8. #8  
    lol, I knew it.
  9. #9  
    I like it dirty. It makes me feel like I use my treo. When I got mine from e bay, the keys looked like a bum had been using the thing, and i just cleaned it as well as I could.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keluah2 View Post
    I like it dirty. It makes me feel like I use my treo. When I got mine from e bay, the keys looked like a bum had been using the thing, and i just cleaned it as well as I could.
    i kind of agree. it's like a brand new truck. you dont want to scratch it and try to take such good care of it, then boom, you get a scratch. you mope a little and then.... it's now a used truck. you can finally use it like a truck.

    did i make any since there?
  11. #11  
    I use a screen protector and just change it out every few months.
    "We must all fear evil men, but there is an evil we must fear most. And that is the indifference of good men." -- The Boondock Saints.
  12. #12  
    Analogy works. I'm not one of these folks who uses rubberized protectors, or skins, or fancy cases. I like my device as-is. I put it in my pocket w/ nothing else, and I'm happy. I'm never abusive w/ it, but I sure as hell don't baby it. It's a tool. I like the scratches--so long as they're NOT on the screen. For that, only, I do use a screen-protector (shieldzone.com).

    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i kind of agree. it's like a brand new truck. you dont want to scratch it and try to take such good care of it, then boom, you get a scratch. you mope a little and then.... it's now a used truck. you can finally use it like a truck.

    did i make any since there?
  13. #13  
    tee shirt
  14. #14  
    yes, lose-weave cotton shirt (t-shirt)
  15. #15  
    I cut 'clear transparency film' using the screen size and use that as screen protector. I change them every month and the screen always looks brand new. It works great and none can tell if I have the transparency firm (other than me).
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by player2 View Post
    Random question here.

    How does the Treos screen handle these two things. I know we all wash our face and hands, but that does not stop the fingerprints and face oils. I am sure it shows up on the screen, but does it wipe off easily?

    Once I finally get one of these I hope to start answering some questions instead of asking all the time.

    Thanks.
    I use a screen protector -- but I have also found that "Monitor Wipes" by Dust Off (stated on the package to be "Safe for Laptops and LCD Screens") works well in giving my Treo an occassional slightly damp sponge bath.

    Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 11/13/2006 at 11:27 AM.
  17. #17  
    I wear one of those intel clean room full body bunny suits (neon green), so I never get any body oils on my Treo. Chicks dig the bunny suit too
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  18. #18  
    The face oil works good as polish for the screen giving it a luster shine when wiped with the end of your t-shirt.
    at&t iPhone3G
  19. #19  
    I lick my oily screen 3 times a day. Yummy.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Sun View Post
    I use a screen protector and just wipe all the crud that collects on the screen off on a cloth.
    x2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions