1.    #1  
    I am wondering whether the indicator light on the Treo 750v should have a blinking green light when the phone is in a Telco coverage area? The reason is my Treo doesn't have any blinking green light. If the Treo went outside the coverage area, it blinks amber light.

When it charges, it has a solid Red, and when it's done it has a solid Green light.

Should there be a blinking green light or not?

Thanks.
    Unfortunately not...the Treo 600 and 650 had the status indicator..but on the Treo 750v (and the Treo 700w and wx i believe) such is not the case. I like having a status indicator as well...maybe a hack/program will come out shortly to augment such a thing
    As stated the 750v doesn't blink to indicate service. The 700wx and 700p from Sprint don't do this either, while the 700w and the 700p from Verizon do blink. I personally would prefer it not to, but I'm guessing they make it to the service operator's preference.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    A registry dump from both a Verizon 700w and a Sprint 700wx might help track down what enables/disables it
    Not having it blink is nice when you have the phone in your room at night. Nothing like trying to sleep with a strobe light :-)
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
  6.    #6  
    it is true that it is nice having the indicator light not blinking. but sometimes in a very spotty coverage area, it is nice to know that the phone has a service without having actually turn the screen on to check.

A.W
  7. Wiz
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wangsanegara View Post
    it is true that it is nice having the indicator light not blinking. but sometimes in a very spotty coverage area, it is nice to know that the phone has a service without having actually turn the screen on to check.

A.W
    errr ... I would think the fact that the Treo's indicator light starts blinking should be enough proof to be able to determine that one has no coverage without the need to turn the screen on ..... for me this behaviour was a welcome feature actually ..

so what is it you miss in an area with spotty coverage
    ---------------------------
    The one and only Treo 750v
    ---------------------------
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    The problem with not having the light on is you can't tell if the phones got a signal or is switched off
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiz View Post
    errr ... I would think the fact that the Treo's indicator light starts blinking should be enough proof to be able to determine that one has no coverage without the need to turn the screen on ..... for me this behaviour was a welcome feature actually ..

so what is it you miss in an area with spotty coverage
    Wiz, I get what you mean. It just that I was not really used to this feature that instead on blinking light when the phone has service, not the light is blinking orange when it has no service. Just need time to get used to this 750v
    Just out of curiosity will the LED flash or go solid or whatnot if there is a notification of some sort (like a missed call, email, sms…etc etc)

thanks
    No flashing LED for a notication. It does solid for charging (red/green), flashes red for no signal, and I think that's about it (at least without any third party software).
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    No flashing LED for a notication. It does solid for charging (red/green), flashes red for no signal, and I think that's about it (at least without any third party software).
    oy! thanks
    anyone know of a 3rd party app to control the LED?
    I heard of phone alarm, tried it and didn't like it myself.
    I also miss the easy reminder of the phone being on and in receptive mode. One person recommended Butler software but I have not tried it.
    Glad to know that I am not alone. Let's hope for a correction.
    Cheers,
    Graham
    Quote Originally Posted by gconnor View Post
    I also miss the easy reminder of the phone being on and in receptive mode. One person recommended Butler software but I have not tried it.
    Glad to know that I am not alone. Let's hope for a correction.
    Cheers,
    Graham
    Butler is Palm OS, not for 750.

Phonealarm enables LED for notifications only I believe, not for service. I just looked through the menu and didn't see an option for it.
    Yes, Phonealarm can enable it for SMS, MMS, email, and I think voicemail, but not for service.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Yes, Phonealarm can enable it for SMS, MMS, email, and I think voicemail, but not for service.
    so with this app, the LED will flash with incoming emails, etc?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Yes, but I'm not sure how bug free it is. I tried the latest version and it would flash the LED for email, but I couldn't get it to play any sounds, so I removed it.