Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    is there any way to have the date shownext to the time and battery icon? I'm not sure if you can do this. Thanks in advance.
    Jimmie Geddes
    how much room you got up there? lol

you know i did see something a while back about putting the date up there instead of the time, but both of them i think not. do you use weather panel? if so put the date there. thats what i did. i use the compact rd layout that comes with the simple 240 themes.

i would check in the dev and hacking part of xda. that's where i see this kind of thing the most.

tweaks2k2

Nuttin you can do about the year cutoff though...
    That's a damn sexy today screen Littlepat!
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    That's a damn sexy today screen Littlepat!
    Minus phonealarm, and add weatherpanel, and thats my today scren now.

And thank you, it took me many different candidates before I found a winner!
    i stand corrected. nice littlepat. i never used tweaks2k. does any one know the manual reg edit for this?
  7.    #7  
    a regedit would be cool
    Jimmie Geddes
    It took me a while to get the formatting perfected, but here it is!

No year chop either.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    another format you can put in is "MMM dd " withou the quotes for the abbreviated month and date.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    another format you can put in is "MMM dd " withou the quotes for the abbreviated month and date.
    Yeah, but that also changes the date display in Resco and any other app to that format. That's why I kept to the "M/d/yy " format.

No year chop either.
    The formatting is just perfect! Tweaks2k2.net never got this right.

In the (unlikely) event that I'd want to change this back, could you please post the original key as well?
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post

tweaks2k2

Nuttin you can do about the year cutoff though...
    Volunteer Ambulance Corp?
    Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post
    In the (unlikely) event that I'd want to change this back, could you please post the original key as well?
    Yeah, that would be good too.

I'll then post both at ppcgeeks in a thread for people to find easier in the future (or hannip can go ahead and do that in the 700wx forum if he wants).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts

No year chop either.
    Where would I put this at?

I already moved it to my SD card, then looked it up in File explorer, clicked on it, and it did not do anything. Do I need resco registry editor?
    To back out the changes what you'd need is a reg file with the following contents. However it looks like neither Resco or the xda TaskMgr knows how to delete keys using the hyphen after the equal sign syntax. Anyone know how to delete values via a reg file on WM5? At any rate you could do this manually. Change the TBOpt to 1 and delete the 4 string/values listed under overrides.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell]
    "TBOpt"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\nls\overrides]
    "SSDte"=-
    "STFmt"=-
    "S2359"=-
    "S1159"=-
    Last edited by hannip; 11/18/2006 at 12:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Where would I put this at?

I already moved it to my SD card, then looked it up in File explorer, clicked on it, and it did not do anything. Do I need resco registry editor?
    Yes, or any other wm5 registry editor that can import reg files.
    To back out the changes what you'd need is a reg file with the following contents. However it looks like neither Resco or the xda TaskMgr knows how to delete keys using the hyphen after the equal sign syntax. Anyone know how to delete values via a reg file on WM5? At any rate you could do this manually. Change the TBOpt to 1 and delete the 4 string/values listed under overrides.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell]
    "TBOpt"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\nls\overrides]
    "SSDte"=-
    "STFmt"=-
    "S2359"=-
    "S1159"=-
    Unfortunately, OnDemand won't work this registry hack-- there's a parse error when it tries to update. So I attempted to back out the changes manually per your instructions, but instead of the time display, "=-" appeared.

I've restored with Sprite, but so disappointed that I had to give this up!

Can someone using Tweaks2k2 for date and time please verify that OnDemand updates still work?
    You have to remove those 4 String/Value fields under overrides. Sounds like they got assigned a hypen when they should've been deleted altogether.
    hannip, quick question: anyway to configure this so only the month/day is displayed, so that there is no year?

tia

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Sure, the following link describes the various formatting options. Note that there is an error. The month options require uppercase M's.

For example for month/day you could do:
    "SSDte"="M/d"

Just remember that any change you make to the date and time formatting will affected any app that uses the system date and time for display.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ateformats.asp

EDIT: I found a better reference:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ateformats.asp
    Last edited by hannip; 11/19/2006 at 04:44 PM.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast