Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    It took me a while to get the formatting perfected, but here it is!

No year chop either.

I deleted a registry String in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\. it was the only one there and it has to to with the clock in title bar. If someone could tell me what the string and value is I would really appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    Not to sound ignorant, but could someone please walk me through putting this on my Treo using PHM RegEdit. I installed the file to my SD, clicked on it, and it opens RegEdit. I tried to go to import, but it's grayed out and does not give me the option to import???

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    Same here
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    i didnt do a backup...and i did the registry and it works great ! now..how do i remove it?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    To back out the changes what you'd need is a reg file with the following contents. However it looks like neither Resco or the xda TaskMgr knows how to delete keys using the hyphen after the equal sign syntax. Anyone know how to delete values via a reg file on WM5? At any rate you could do this manually. Change the TBOpt to 1 and delete the 4 string/values listed under overrides.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell]
    "TBOpt"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\nls\overrides]
    "SSDte"=-
    "STFmt"=-
    "S2359"=-
    "S1159"=-
    dang it i did it again....without a backup, in a rush so i did that deleted the original value and replace the string name with a hyphen(-) and did a soft reset and now it shows a hyphen where the time and date is suppose to be can someone help me get the original values again?
    You were suppose to delete the ones under overrides, not set them to hyphens.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    ohh how do i delete ? i really have no idea..jsut got it 2 days ago and new to it.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    i dont see an option where i can delete..
    Use Resco registry editer. Go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\nls \overrides]

Use the stylus to drag over the following
    "SSDte"=-
    "STFmt"=-
    "S2359"=-
    "S1159"=-

Once highlighted use stylus to tap and hold on them till you see a pop up menu.

Click delete on that menu.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    OHHH there u go thankss man
    I've read and re read this whole discussion....I have a regedit on my 700wx, I get the file on there, then just click on it? After that, I then delete the above 4 mentioned strings?
    Thanks
    vinceboii was removing the datetime2.reg settings. If you want to have both date and time just load the datetime2.reg.
    I'm curious... under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell] I do not have a "TBOpt" key... I have a "ShowTitleBarClock" that is currently set to "1".

Do I need to add a key called "TBOpt" or should I just set "ShowTitleBarClock" to 3?

Moreover, why is my registry different from everyone elses? I have a Treo700wx from Sprint...

Thanks,

Jonahan
    Treo 650 Cingular -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Treo 700p Sprint -> PPC 6700 Sprint -> Treo 700wx Sprint
    Not every OS flag exists in the registry. These need to be added to get the desired effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    Not to sound ignorant, but could someone please walk me through putting this on my Treo using PHM RegEdit. I installed the file to my SD, clicked on it, and it opens RegEdit. I tried to go to import, but it's grayed out and does not give me the option to import???

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    Thats exactly my problem as well
    i manually added the registry values from the datetime2 file. I have the date and time on my bar but no am/pm bu theyre exact like the file...why? i even imported the registy entry with resco still no am/pm everything else works perfect

*EDIT* n/m i got it, had "s####" instead of "S####"
    Last edited by klurfdawg23; 05/18/2007 at 05:06 AM.
    so... I got this to work, and it looks fantastic. the only thing that I don't like is the fact that I can't figure out how to get rid of the year on the display. I've read this thread several times. I just don't know enough to figure this out on my own. can someone please help me out? I'm sure I'm not the only one that could use the help.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    i installed resco's..copied over the reg and ran it...still no change in date format..what am i doing wrong?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netjack View Post
    i installed resco's..copied over the reg and ran it...still no change in date format..what am i doing wrong?
    Soft Reset?
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I only use Total Commander to do my reg edits so I just opened up the cab (winzip) and copied over the reg edits individually that hannip compiled.

Oh yeah, +1 to Soft Reset first...

CLICK HERE

nice. I was using Kilmist Regedit... couldn't get it to work. But, I downloaded resco's trial--BAM! I like it.

Now... I need to get rid of the bold effect. the time was bolded before this, so maybe it's carrying over?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast