Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    why is that weird when that is the whole point of the reg file? it works for all of us.
    I thought that the whole point of the reg edit was to eliminate the year (06) from the screen? No biggie either way.
    The point of the reg file was to do what tweaks2k2 did. I changed the formatting a little to work out the year chop issues that tweaks2k2 exhibited. You are now empowered to format it any way you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    I thought that the whole point of the reg edit was to eliminate the year (06) from the screen? No biggie either way.
    Like what Hannip said, this was just to get the full date up in the task area with the time.

I went ahead and further modified my device so that it didn't show the 06 (year) as well, but if you used Hannip's cab, then you'll have the full date and time with year.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Like what Hannip said, this was just to get the full date up in the task area with the time.

I went ahead and further modified my device so that it didn't show the 06 (year) as well, but if you used Hannip's cab, then you'll have the full date and time with year.
    Got ya, thanks for clarification. Works perfectly.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    This registry tweak works great, much better than Tweaks2k2. Does anyone know if it is easy to make the font smaller just for the date & time?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I am now having a problem with my 700w. After using the registry hack, I can no longer open excel. It jsut begins to open & hangs until I do a soft reset.

I also upgraded Phone Alarm within minutes of using the hack, so I do not know what is causing my excel problem.

Before doing the registry hack (using Resco registry), I backed up my entire registry. I am a newbie when it comes to registry hacks - have only used Twesks2k2. How do I restore the old registry entry and to where?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Wow, me too. I 've never even used excel though. I tried it and it just hangs until I reset. Bummer. I don't have phoneAlarm. I just did the regedit today.
    If you could somehow make the text for the date not bolded then it might not cut off the "06" portion. The text for the date looks bigger and possiblly bolded so it runs off the screen into the "X" area. Any ideas??
    I have the excel hang too and I don't have phonealarm installed at the moment. Gotta be the formatted date or time that is messing it up.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Too bad; this whacks the ween.
    So to get the date and time to be positioned nicely in the taskbar I had to add spaces after the date format string and before the time format string. When I remove those extra spaces it fixes the excel hang problem. However then you have the same year chop issue that the tweaks2k2 hack has.
    I ended up just making my date format MMM-yy. There must be some combo that works...we just need to find it
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I got Excel working again. For the date format change it to:
    M/d/yy' '

For the time, I put in:
    hh:mm t'M '

Make sure you put the single quote marks in as I noted. This combined with the rest of hannip's reg edit and it should work again for you. On Demand is another story though.
    Here, try this one.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    On demand works after changing the values to what I mentioned above...sweet
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Here, try this one.
    #2 works perfectly as far as I can tell. Thanks 1,000,000.
    Hannip,

Does your reg file work with excel now?

Thanks,
    Rich
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post
    Hannip,

Does your reg file work with excel now?

Thanks,
    Rich
    Yes, the datetime2 version works with excel.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Not to sound ignorant, but could someone please walk me through putting this on my Treo using PHM RegEdit. I installed the file to my SD, clicked on it, and it opens RegEdit. I tried to go to import, but it's grayed out and does not give me the option to import???

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    Hi Hannip,

Does this second reg mod work with OnDemand?

Thanks so much.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast